ADVERTISEMENT

Wanna hear some BS? Ruke Orhorhoro and Ajou may have to go back to Nigeria and Canada

Mute point as Clemson will not be offering online classes only. Although approximately 3/4 of classes will be offered optional class room or online, the balance can only be conducted in the class room or lab.

Clemson will wait until they get everyone’s tuition and make sure all yearly leases are signed before they announce online only. University can’t afford to not have students there and knows the town can’t either. I’ve talked to many that would take a year off if it was online instruction only.

This is just my guess but I will be extremely pissed if Clements pulls something like this.

I'm a lifelong conservative, and former Trump donor, who can recognize a fake charlatan that is going to drag down the entire party and hand FULL CONTROL of the government to the Democrats in Nov. If you can't see that, turn off Fox News and get off Parler. Conservatives need to wake up!
I would argue that Republicans have been asleep at the wheel for years. Conservatives have had enough and I would argue that was also an attraction of Bernie Sanders to Democrats. Mitt Romney, John McCain, and George Bush were hardly constitutional conservatives. I may not like that Trump mouths off more than he should but he was and still is needed in a federal government that left the constitution behind years ago.

I can quell your concerns,Clemson is not going 100% online .
I'm not saying it's a credible news source, but local sports talk radio in Knoxville was reporting on speculation of the US not renewing any student visa's if classes go 100% online at a University.

Edit: this also rejects Oliver Max-Posper

Reactions: GoodWord28
I would argue that Republicans have been asleep at the wheel for years. Conservatives have had enough and I would argue that was also an attraction of Bernie Sanders to Democrats. Mitt Romney, John McCain, and George Bush were hardly constitutional conservatives. I may not like that Trump mouths off more than he should but he was and still is needed in a federal government that left the constitution behind years ago.

A federal appeals court in May ruled against President Donald Trump in a lawsuit alleging that he’s violated the Constitution’s emoluments clauses.

Trump has also stated that Article II of the Constitution gives him “the right to do whatever I want as president.” But okay

What are you talking about? I said I don’t trust NPR and Fox. How are you misconstruing that with me not wanting news sites to report on govt action?

Im not saying illegitimate news sources don’t report accurate information from time to time, I’m just saying I don’t have faith in certain platforms who deem themselves news
Do your own research right Mr Butthole? What a joke.

All they have to do is lawyer up and the NCAA will cave. I'm sure there is a Clemson alum with a law degree that would do it pro bono.

Also, D1 soccer would be a shitshow if that was the case haha

guys

just find the loop holes

it says under special circumstances

create those circumstances if they don't exist

fining solutions....

"Lawyer up" & "Find a solution" is just like all these gofundme pages to pay medical bills. Yes, it's a possible way around a problem but its a problem we created ourselves.

Reactions: johnhugh
1) Those 3 never pretended to be conservatives.
2) Trump and his administration are damaging the Republican Party.
3) I’m a republican
4) Wake the fvck up.

1) Those 3 never pretended to be conservatives.
2) Trump and his administration are damaging the Republican Party.
3) I’m a republican
4) Wake the fvck up.
The Republican party is gutless and doesn't have America or Americans as their priority since Reagan(speak ill of that man and I'll hunt you down;)). I might vote Republican, but it's certainly the lesser of two evils. The Liberals are intent on destroying America. When you have hypocrites like Pelosi as a leader what do you expect. They're part of a one world society. Progressive is just another word for collective and the enemy of Individualism this country was built on.

The Republican party is gutless and doesn't have America or Americans as their priority since Reagan(speak ill of that man and I'll hunt you down;)). I might vote Republican, but it's certainly the lesser of two evils. The Liberals are intent on destroying America. When you have hypocrites like Pelosi as a leader what do you expect. They're part of a one world society. Progressive is just another word for collective and the enemy of Individualism this country was built on.
I would definitely agree that too many congressmen and women who are republicans are gutless. The biggest problem in politics today is the MSM. Too many bright people don’t want to get into it and ruin their lives by allowing the media to dissect everything. The party needs to float to the middle now more than ever imo. And get Trump out. 4 years of Biden won’t kill us with a republican led senate. Haley also has no shot in 2024 with a trump win.

Excellent and all true, but they will still deny his ignorance. I mean this is the POTUS. Unbelievable.
I agree he is a loose cannon with his idiotic tweets sometimes. However, go ahead and vote for the other guy and watch taxes go back up, the economy crash with manufacturing and jobs returning overseas, chop zones popping up all over America and lawlessness flame out of control as criminals are freed without bail in even greater numbers. And, don’t even get me started about open borders.

Last edited:
I agree he is a loose cannon with his idiotic tweets sometimes. However, go ahead and vote for the other guy and watch taxes go back up, the economy crash with manufacturing and jobs returning overseas, cho zones popping up all over America and lawlessness flame out of control as criminals are freed without bail in even greater numbers. And, don’t even get me started about open borders.
Will do.

Reactions: GoodWord28
Regan did a great job of convincing working class people that giving the rich even more advantages and even more money would end up in their favor and benefit. I mean the whole idea of trickle down economics is so laughable I have a hard time respecting the intelligence of anyone who believes that total farce.

Wasn't Ruke already a US resident before coming to Clemson? Is he under a student Visa?

Ajou is a different situation I guess.

Reactions: 1983Grad
This is such an obvious xenophobic move. They cite COVID19 as the reasoning. The same virus continually being downplayed by the administration. Hypocrisy much?

Reactions: Toasted712
From a theoretical perspective, it makes some sense as a policy. I hate to say it but it does.

The idea of a student visa is you come to the US to be a student. If you don't have to be in the US to be a student, then why do you need the visa? There may be good reasons - internships, scholarship requirements, no internet access where you are from......but just looking at it from a theoretical side there is some sense here as a baseline.

Realistically it's a little more nuanced (remember when nuance was a thing?) I think there needs to be some grace period at the very least. Because we don't know when this thing is going to end. Could be relatively quickly. "Classes start on Monday"

"But I'm in Bombay?"

"Uh oh....."

Probably won't be quite that fast but you see my meaning.

But schools will do something to account for this. A large percentage of teaching assistants are on student visas. If they all leave, then professors will have to actually do some work.

Do you REALLY expect that to happen? Be honest.......

Last edited:
I would definitely agree that too many congressmen and women who are republicans are gutless. The biggest problem in politics today is the MSM. Too many bright people don’t want to get into it and ruin their lives by allowing the media to dissect everything. The party needs to float to the middle now more than ever imo. And get Trump out. 4 years of Biden won’t kill us with a republican led senate. Haley also has no shot in 2024 with a trump win.

MSM isn't the problem - it's that as a society, we're too dumb to see past their BS.

But you're right about one thing - politics attract FAR from our best and brightest. I mean look at the current candidates for Prez? Dems have screamed against the "old white guys" and are going to nominate....wait for it....an old white guy.

And Trump......will SOMEONE take that man's Twitter away?

I'm very concerned about losing the Senate.

I'm a lifelong conservative, and former Trump donor, who can recognize a fake charlatan that is going to drag down the entire party and hand FULL CONTROL of the government to the Democrats in Nov. If you can't see that, turn off Fox News and get off Parler. Conservatives need to wake up!
Not sure I believe you, but why in the world would you have ever thought Trump was anything other than who he's always been?

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
Not sure I believe you, but why in the world would you have ever thought Trump was anything other than who he's always been?

Believe it. Trump donor is not a moniker I wear proudly. But I keep reminding people of that fact because so many on this site (and in life) automatically infer that any non-Trump-supporter is a "Hollywood liberal" or "woke".

I donated at a point early in the 2016 primary because I felt that he was showboating in order to cut through the noise of an overly-crowded field, and was trying to rally the support of the base, Tea Party types. I also felt - like many Americans did - that I was tired of "business as usual" in Washington, and vowed to not support anyone who was related to a former President (see Jeb & Hillary for examples).

And I genuinely felt that he would "pivot" for the general election, because there's simply no way a person could campaign to be POTUS in that manner.

The rest is history. I've watched in horror as he has ripped this country apart and refused to lead during one of our darkest hours. He is a disgrace, and a bad person.

Truly shame on me for not believing that's who he was when it was there for all to see.

Last edited:
I was a lifelong Republican. None of the party’s existing national office holders, with the exception of Mitt Romney, deserve to be retained because of their tacit support for Trump. You may disagree but kindly share which Republicans have acquitted themselves and deserve to remain in office. The best thing that can happen to the Republican Party is for a massive Democratic landslide. It will force the GOP to rethink what it is and begin recruiting new people - people who recognize that tomorrow’s America is not majority White and Evangelical Christian.

I was a lifelong Republican. None of the party’s existing national office holders, with the exception of Mitt Romney, deserve to be retained because of their tacit support for Trump. You may disagree but kindly share which Republicans have acquitted themselves and deserve to remain in office. The best thing that can happen to the Republican Party is for a massive Democratic landslide. It will force the GOP to rethink what it is and begin recruiting new people - people who recognize that tomorrow’s America is not majority White and Evangelical Christian.
Your demographic focus is mistaken, and sort of off-putting. America's majority was never "White and Evangelical Christian" to begin with, and a made up category like race doesn't determine what people think.

At any rate, there are quite a few Republicans who haven't gone completely in the bag for Trump. There hasn't been the courage I'd hoped for to marginalize Trump, but it's going to be hard to sell people who actually care about what conservatives care about on giving an increasingly extreme Democrat Party the power a landslide would give them. I just wish there was some other way that Trump could lose and that he and many of the people who empower him could be reproached.

Last edited:
Reactions: tigerragman
Your demographic focus is mistaken, and sort of off-putting. America's majority was never "White and Evangelical Christian" to begin with.

At any rate, there are quite a few Republicans who haven't gone completely in the bag for Trump. There hasn't been the courage I'd hoped for to marginalize Trump, but it's going to be hard to sell people who actually care about what conservatives care about on giving an increasingly extreme Democrat Party the power a landslide would give them. I just wish there was some other way that Trump could lose and that he and many of the people who empower him could be reproached.

How do you feel about the longtime Republicans behind The Lincoln Project?

I am personally a big fan of them needling Trump directly.

Your demographic focus is mistaken, and sort of off-putting. America's majority was never "White and Evangelical Christian" to begin with.

You really can't marginalize an entire branch of the government. As long as he's in the White House, you gotta work with him.

We all know how this works. Republicans support Trump. But five minutes after he's out of office they all race to the nearest moron with a microphone (ie the media) and scream "I never really liked that a&&hole!" It's all a machine and it's all about moving the interests of the PARTY forwards. And democrats do the same damn thing.

That's why voting for a person over a party is a losing proposition, regardless of how noble it sounds. Because in the end, the person will support the position of the party. There are a few exceptions (such as a representative in Georgia I think) but 99.999% of the time you get what the party wants.

You think a democrat is going to stand against abortion? Or against gun control? Maybe Bill Richardson back in the early 90s (was a gun rights supporter).

You think a republican is going to stand for healthcare for all? Trump suggested a single payer system but hasn't moved on it.

I never liked the guy but I voted for him in the general election. He seemed a little bit better than Hillary.

Last edited:
Believe it. Trump donor is not a moniker I wear proudly. But I keep reminding people of that fact because so many on this site (and in life) automatically infer that any non-Trump-supporter is a "Hollywood liberal" or "woke".

I donated at a point early in the 2016 primary because I felt that he was showboating in order to cut through the noise of an overly-crowded field, and was trying to rally the support of the base, Tea Party types. I also felt - like many Americans did - that I was tired of "business as usual" in Washington, and vowed to not support anyone who was related to a former President (see Jeb & Hillary for examples).

And I genuinely felt that he would "pivot" for the general election, because there's simply no way a person could campaign to be POTUS in that manner.

The rest is history. I've watched in horror as he has ripped this country apart and refused to lead during one of our darkest hours. He is a disgrace, and a bad person.

Truly shame on me for not believing that's who he was when it was there for all to see.
I understand some of why you'd do that, but what I don't understand is anybody thinking Donald Trump should be the vessel for the things you mentioned. I just have to shake my head at the support he got in the primary.

How do you feel about the longtime Republicans behind The Lincoln Project?

I am personally a big fan of them needling Trump directly.

I think they're going way too far, and taking things to a level I don't think they should go. I liked when Marco Rubio did it because at the time I had no reason to take Trump very seriously, and I didn't think we'd have to deal with his behavior and the reactions to it for much longer. Now, we need to be better, and to stop doing the whole circular firing line against good legislators and leaders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT