ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: everyone on here knows, but bullying is really f-ed up

4.5 more years for you ma'am
Lol ma'am. In a bullying thread... we try to bully by way of political ideologyequating to homosexuality or just being a woman. Its come full circle again.
I hate identity politics, but I also hate people acting like the current situation in our leadership is some how pious

Like most people, I occasionally ran up on the odd bully. The crazy thing when I look back is that most of us never tell our parents when we're being bullied. My dad would have shut that shit down if I would have just said something.

I really regret that I sometimes used my words to rip on other people. I was never a physical bully, but I could be vicious with my words. Sometimes it was a defense mechanism to kind of shift attention to someone else in a group setting to make sure nobody ever zoned in on me, but there's no real excuse for it. As I've gotten older I've realized that building a rapport with someone comes easy to me, and I wish I had done more of that when I was a kid instead of ripping on people.

Also wish I had just taken Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen to heart and just jumped some of the bullies I encountered in the 80s. I grew up with a big pack of boys my age in my small town, and we could have overwhelmed the older kids with numbers if we knew what we were doing.

I was bullied by the same dudes 5,6,7 grade. In 8th I beat the leader guy so bad they had to yank me. No more bullying from that day forward. It's amazing what growth and natural hormones can do to a young guy over the summer between 7th and 8th grade.

nobody said a word, nothing reported, nothing. Because I was the one of many who was the favorite to single out. I took it out on that frack pos for the rest of us.

And the bullying stopped schoolwide because myself and others on the football team had enough. It was awesome, teachers and admin looked the other way. If some idiot got out of line it was taken care of. Texas football man, it's the real deal and that was Jr High.

So my oldest was bullied and he snapped and beat the shit out of the kid when he couldn't take it anymore...he was 13. I couldn't have been more proud. Said kid didn't pick on anyone the rest of their schooling through high school.

My youngest is now 13 and has Tourrette's...8th graders are hell but he is a very big kid for his age (will be 6'5" or bigger) and most kids won't say anything direct to him. They tend to say things behind his back or pick on his smaller friends instead. I have given him full permission to defend himself and protect any of his friends that are being bullied.

This situation in the video is messed up and no one deserves it. I feel for the mother but my heart breaks for the kid.

Lol ma'am. In a bullying thread... we try to bully by way of political ideologyequating to homosexuality or just being a woman. Its come full circle again.
I hate identity politics, but I also hate people acting like the current situation in our leadership is some how pious
Bad news bro, this next election is setting up to be the worst butt kicking since Reagan- Dukakis. Trumps going to absolutely roll

Someone else might have already posted it... but...

Ron, I don't dislike you. I think you are pretty clever and I appreciate you input on this forum, but I would be interested in your input on this clip. I don't think either of us could see Bush or Romney doing something like this. I think it's relevant.
That’s cause Bush and Romney are pussys and played nice guy with the corrupt media.

The kids that bully are the ones with the thinnest skin. Their peers usually congratulate them when they pick on someone of a lesser status and this feeds the bullying. The only proven effective way of stopping this behavior is psychological counseling. Sadly, schools lack the resources to effectively provide care.

parents can help by promoting positive behavior changes in their children instead of focusing only on punishment.

That video makes my blood boil. I’m also pretty pissed at the mother because after the initial part, she’s making it worse for him. Bullying was normal when I grew up because you didn’t have social media and the internet wasn’t available until I was in high school.

I feel like it’s for the same reasons so many “Instagram models” are making money for doing nothing, but being half-naked and posting pictures. Social media/photo filters/etc are bastardizing the ideas of what’s normal and acceptable. Everyone is getting judged by looks and popularity. It’s beyond crazy. I don’t think suicide rates are at an all-time high by accident.

It’s so sad...

That’s cause Bush and Romney are pussys and played nice guy with the corrupt media.
Thank you for all of that carefully thought out and nuanced commentary. I love you as a fellow Clemson fan. Earle I have nothing against you. But the same media that guides your world view, is the one you are critiquing.

Your media, is the same media that you hate.

I have wondered what I would do if I found out they were bullying someone, especially this bad.

Probably an ass beating, take away phone, computer, tv for a year. At least.
Having lived in a ghetto during grad school I can verify that beating kids does not help them to not do violence.

While I do not agree with everything the POTUS says I have never heard a situation where people mimic the actions of the POTUS. Did Bill Clinton's actions cause more workplace sex?
meh, it’s ok to admit that trump’s policies are fairly effective, but he’s not perfect or really even that good of a guy

No it's not a lie. Who cares if he does it? You? If he does it.. it's not a big deal because at least he's not them. No matter what we become, at least we aren't them.

That has already been refuted multiple times. He used those same arm motions to talk about multiple people. Of course, facts haven't stopped you in the past.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger

You hate identity politics? Yet you are a Democrat?

Someone else might have already posted it... but...

Ron, I don't dislike you. I think you are pretty clever and I appreciate you input on this forum, but I would be interested in your input on this clip. I don't think either of us could see Bush or Romney doing something like this. I think it's relevant.

That has long beeen refuted. He has used that arm motion alot. Even if he only used it when referring to that reporter, it is a streth.

Bc it's okay if the president does it.

EvilWelcomeAuklet-size_restricted.gif
I’ll wager that’s bullshit.

Everyone on here knows he’s doing it all in fun, we’ll, almost everyone
To be fair, I bet the heavy guys, guys that wear braided belts with cargo pants, etc don’t find it funny. I’m not butthurt about @Ron Munson ’s “jokes”, but many bullying situations are exactly the same. Somebody joking to get some laughs. But you never know how the target or guy that identified with the jokes feels about it inside.

I’m far from a snowflake, but acting like all bullying is hateful and the jokes here aren’t shows a lack of understanding imho.

If I had a son that was legitimately bullying someone I would beat his ass to the point where he would never think about it again.

Nothing infuriates me more then someone picking on anyone or anything they can’t protect themselves.
How do you classify “legit bullying”? Sincere question to you or anybody else.

It seems to me people think there are levels to bullying and/or the target will let someone know they have been “legit bullied”. I’d bet that’s wrong.

I’d bet many of the kids that killed themselves stood up for themselves, tried to fight back, didn’t broadcast the bullying, and quietly decided they couldn’t take it anymore. I’d also bet the bullies would claim they were just joking.

I get that everybody here agrees bullying is bad. But I’m not sure we always stop the joking that the targets feel is bullying. And I count myself in that group.

How do you classify “legit bullying”? Sincere question to you or anybody else.

It seems to me people think there are levels to bullying and/or the target will let someone know they have been “legit bullied”. I’d bet that’s wrong.

I’d bet many of the kids that killed themselves stood up for themselves, tried to fight back, didn’t broadcast the bullying, and quietly decided they couldn’t take it anymore. I’d also bet the bullies would claim they were just joking.

I get that everybody here agrees bullying is bad. But I’m not sure we always stop the joking that the targets feel is bullying. And I count myself in that group.

This is a good post. Everyone agrees it’s bad, but nobody can agree on the definition. Bullying is what someone else does- me or my kid is just messing around and giving my friend a hard time.

I think the most complicated thing about bullying is that a lot of times, the victims of bullying excuse the behavior because without it, they don’t think they’d get any attention at all.

You hate identity politics? Yet you are a Democrat?
Uh I've voted for many different candidates from more than the popular 2 party system. Just because I think Trump is a fool and unfit doesn't make me Them.

Kids are young and dumb. People act like a 9 year old bully has the maturity of an adult. My heart hurts for the kid but we are talking about kids bullying kids.

I am glad he is getting a free vacation out of it. I couldn’t imagine what he has to deal with every day of his life.

You routienly bully people on here because they don’t fit your body image profile, or style profile, or income level

Would you share an example of when I have ever said anything about someones income?

You do realize I grew up poor right? I mean legitimately poor. Not like people who pretend they grew up poor so they can brag about their success now.

You also of course realize I don't make that much money now right? And I just took a massive pay cut to leave banking in Charlotte to move to western NC?

Would you share an example of when I have ever said anything about someones income?

You do realize I grew up poor right? I mean legitimately poor. Not like people who pretend they grew up poor so they can brag about their success now.

You also of course realize I don't make that much money now right? And I just took a massive pay cut to leave banking in Charlotte to move to western NC?
So you admit to 2 out of 3? Clever dodge. :eek:

It's funny...I figured you would latch onto that. I threw it in there intentionally. Because you are always quick to accept you aren't super wealthy and you've talked about your growing up poor. BTW I get it...we can swap war stories and compare scars on that one at the next M&G if you want.

But its funny you ignore the other 2 that you routinely degrade people for. (BTW Ive never owned a braided belt in my life - this isnt about me)

But its also clear that it still picks at a sore spot in you somewhere. Its a vulnerability.
That's ok we all have them.
To choose to degrade someone else for any reason is a form, or a degree, of bullying. Take it for what you will.

Now dont get it confused. Im not a stick in the mud. I give my friends shit and take it all the time.
I was bullied a bunch as a kid. Honestly Im thankful for it. It made me the fighter (mentally) I am today.

I dont condone bullying but I also dont think its the crime of the century either. Help is needed on both sides. We need to teach kids to cope and we also need to teach kids the permanence of their action and words.

I hope my accusation dug at you just a bit over night as it seems to have. I hope it made you think a little. That's all.

So I can't make fun of cargo shorts now? Or what?

And if everybody just up-and-stops making fun of cargo shorts, how can we expect people who wear them to ever realize they're ridiculous?

Saw this video while checking the news about a 9 year old in Australia who wants to commit suicide because he is so badly bullied.

His mom withdrew him from the school it got so bad.

I was on both sides growing up, and my memories of being the bully still make me queasy. One of the few regrets of my life. My wife and I make a point to talk to our kids about being kind and inclusive almost every day. Whenever someone says something mean to one of them (in addition to me suppressing the rage that I want to find the kids dad and beat him senseless) we always remind them to remember this when they feel like saying something mean to someone else.

Bullying sucks. One of my twin daughters has endured it for most of her school days. She is a special needs as well. It was worse in middle school. SHE was suspended by the school TWICE for responding to the bully (same kid each time)....this was during class with a teacher present witnessing the bully threaten my daughter. During one event, the bully lifted a chair and threaten to bring it down on her. My daughter is 5'2" and 80 pounds soaking wet. The other child was much bigger.

The schools won't tell you what punishment the other kid got. In fact they won't say much obviously fearing a lawsuit.

You want to get their attention, the words "Hostile work environment" seem to get their attention, especially at the district office.

Reactions: tboonpickens
Is this where we are in our society now? We’re at the point where grown men accuse other grown men of being bullies on anonymous message boards?

We are bullies here. I routinely bully @Ron Munson. I bully him for his lack of intelligence, income and for being utterly misinformed about most things happening in the world. We are all guilty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT