ADVERTISEMENT

Way OT: everyone on here knows, but bullying is really f-ed up

Saw this video while checking the news about a 9 year old in Australia who wants to commit suicide because he is so badly bullied.

His mom withdrew him from the school it got so bad.

Very torn between feeling heartbroken for that 9 year old and anger at the mother for perpetuating and indirectly - in my mind - encouraging his despair.. am I crazy?

I’m 100% behind awareness but the first 30 seconds were more than enough to convey how serious the incident was. I just can’t wrap my mind around the mother talking about suicide and making her child and example of the effects (affects?) of bullying in that moment.

I coach a girls team that has girls from 3 different counties of both public and private school. Let me say, bullying happens at every place....& no offense, girls can be NASTY.

I’ve got one of them who is literally seeing a therapist. Sadly, she’s a really funny young lady and has great leadership traits.

I don't have children, but I have wondered what I would do if I found out they were bullying someone, especially this bad.

Probably an ass beating, take away phone, computer, tv for a year. At least.
Man I think you hit the nail on the head. If my parents thought I treated someone badly because of how they looked or anything else they would have beat my ass. I mean beat my ass like a grown ass man. I also think the fact that teachers have to wear handcuffs does not help keep some bullying under control. At 42 years old I can still remember seeing kids get a paddling in the hallway for acting out. Now I am not sure if a paddling was the answer but there were not any questions after they were finished.

I coach a girls team that has girls from 3 different counties of both public and private school. Let me say, bullying happens at every place....& no offense, girls can be NASTY.

I’ve got one of them who is literally seeing a therapist. Sadly, she’s a really funny young lady and has great leadership traits.
Yah- girls are much worse. There are some evil creatures out there. Can’t imagine coming up in the social media age. I see some of the ghey bullies around here from time to time. Telling people to drink bleach or kys. I can assure you few would tell you that to your face. Or at least in a Wachovia parking lot

F off and don't ever acuse me of being a bully.
You routienly bully people on here because they don’t fit your body image profile, or style profile, or income level

It’s classic bully techniques
If you don’t realize it that’s on you. But it’s textbook definition bullying

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
You routienly bully people on here because they don’t fit your body image profile, or style profile, or income level

Please find a post where I have ever mentioned anything about income.

The style stuff is joking. I feel sorry for you if you cant see that.

You obviously don't understand what bullying is. However carry on anyways.

Reactions: bigdaddytiger
I have to admit his thought crossed my mind. But we must separate e persona from real life.

Hope this is a joke. Internet troll and bullying to the degree in this video could not be more different.

Oh man, we’re getting into semantics here but trolling and bullying are different.

No one OP makes fun of for driving in the left lane or wearing a braided belt is threatening to shove a knife through their own eye.

It’s a distinction but an important one.

I was bulllied and bullied others growing up. It was just part of adolescence. Adult bulllies on the other hand...

Its always gone on, its not any worse today, except the the introduction of social media.

There was an episode of Andy Griffith that made a very good point. Andy told Opie "you are going to have to stand up for yourself, because I won't always be around to do it.

I don't have children, but I have wondered what I would do if I found out they were bullying someone, especially this bad.

I spoke to my five year old about this today. I made him watch this video with me. I told him if I ever hear of him bullying it would be very bad for him.

I also told him if there’s ever a kid at school being bullied, he should hug them and be their friend. I also told him he has my permission to punch the bully in the mouth.

This kind of crap leads to suicide and mass killings. It’s unacceptable.

Last edited:

Is this where we are in our society now? We’re at the point where grown men accuse other grown men of being bullies on anonymous message boards?

I think most people will do some bullying and be bullied during their school years. Is what it is. But the defenseless, the ones that start off behind the 8-ball because of a disability, income, size, whatever...a civilized society is supposed to take care of them.

I spoke to my five year old about this today. I told him if I ever hear of him bullying it would be very bad for him.

I also told him if there’s ever a kid at school being bullied, he should hug them and be their friend. I also told him he has my permission to punch the bully in the mouth.

This kind of crap leads to suicide and mass killings. It’s unacceptable.

This x1000.

I grew up with having my parents march me over to their house and apologize to the kid and their parents if I was mean to them.

The fact that suicide rates continue to grow at younger and younger age it is a bigger fear of mine that my children are bullied, but it is still a big fear that they actually do the bullying because I have no idea what id do or how I handle it. Every day when I drop my 4 year old daughter off I tell her four things: Be good. Listen. Have fun. And most Importantly be kind. Hoping the be kind sticks with saying it over and over. I hope she doesn’t grow up to be a part of either end of it, but sadly it’s almost a given these days

Hope this is a joke. Internet troll and bullying to the degree in this video could not be more different.

Oh man, we’re getting into semantics here but trolling and bullying are different.

No one OP makes fun of for driving in the left lane or wearing a braided belt is threatening to shove a knife through their own eye.

It’s a distinction but an important one.
I said it crossed my mind. That’s it.

Reactions: CouldBeDabo

What if they claimed not to know there was a disability involved?

Bc it's okay if the president does it.

EvilWelcomeAuklet-size_restricted.gif

If I had a son that was legitimately bullying someone I would beat his ass to the point where he would never think about it again.

Nothing infuriates me more then someone picking on anyone or anything they can’t protect themselves.

If I had a son that was legitimately bullying someone I would beat his ass to the point where he would never think about it again.

Nothing infuriates me more then someone picking on anyone or anything they can’t protect themselves.
I would bet that lots of bullying is done by kids who are beaten at home.

Meh you are being overly sensitive if Ron Munson hurts your feelings

Same could be said about the kid s in the story.
I’m sure the bully had friends that laughed along...
See, I think that you somehow suggesting that what @Ron Munson posts and what it appears this kid went through are comparable in any way shape or form is terrible for progress. You are not helping this kid. You are hurting him.

Reactions: Ron Munson
Very torn between feeling heartbroken for that 9 year old and anger at the mother for perpetuating and indirectly - in my mind - encouraging his despair.. am I crazy?

I’m 100% behind awareness but the first 30 seconds were more than enough to convey how serious the incident was. I just can’t wrap my mind around the mother talking about suicide and making her child and example of the effects (affects?) of bullying in that moment.
You are WAY off if you are angry at that mother. I am sure she and her son have been dealing with this for years and he is not saying he wants to kill himself for the first time in that video. She is just verbalizing what they deal with everyday. My heart goes out to every member of that family.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Bullying has always gone on. It’s fvcked up. But to me what’s more fvcked up is the fact that kids think that an option to stop the bullying is suicide. I don’t know what the answer is to that problem is, but it shouldn’t be that way. I think one thing that will go a long way is for parents to start actually parenting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT