ADVERTISEMENT

WCCP- Flagship station for Clemson Football or nah???

tboonpickens

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2001
Old man yelling at clouds here, but can someone explain how/why the Clemson flagship station doesn't talk about Clemson football on the Monday after a game? I normally sleep through Mickey's show but always check out the podcast to go back to listen to any talk about the team. Here's what today's show lists for segments...

Hour 1
Reaction Monday/Elite CFB Teams?

Hour 2
Arthrex Minute with Dr. Steve Martin/Kirby Smart & Composure

Hour 3
Week 8 Preview/ SEC! SEC! SEC!

So looking at that list, I'm guessing there might be some talk about Clemson football in the first one or two segments of Hour 1...maybe.

I am a big fan of Faxon and think he has a bright future, but I swear his show probably devoted no more than 5 minutes out of 3 hours to Clemson football. Sure, we had Delvin call up and ask about UAB which is thrilling for us all...but almost zero talk about Clemson.

As terrible as the Gamecocks are, if you turn on 107.5 during football season it is pretty much wall to wall Carolina football win or lose during the week, especially early in the week. They bring in Ryan Brewer for an hour or two and have former players/coaches on to discuss their games. I spent a couple months in Omaha for work a few years back, and every day during the football season was 90% Huskers with a little general CFB/NFL mixed in.

I just don't get it. We wait all year for this season and talk about Clemson football throughout the year, but our flagship station sucks and can't be bothered to cover games unless it's part of their totally useless pick 'em contest that nobody with a brain cares about at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.