ADVERTISEMENT

We need to burn the boats

tbctiger

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2020
When I think about this team over the last few years and hear the frustrations of the fanbase, I think the mentality is far more concerning than the results.

Do I want to make the playoff every year? Absolutely. Do I think we need to upgrade the roster? I do.

But it's far more than that for me. When I watch this team it is painfully obvious how conservative we have gotten in so many ways. I think most Clemson fans would take 8-4/9-3 seasons if the team played with their hair on fire, constantly attacking the opposition. Because it would show signs of progress. In Clemson's rise under Swinney, his teams were aggressive and relentless.

The program now feels lifeless. Take special teams for example, what the heck are we even doing? I don't even know why we send guys out there anymore because we dang sure aren't trying to make game-changing plays.

I can accept this team not winning the ACC or making the playoff, but dang I want to go down fighting like hell. Play the talented freshman, take risks on offense and special teams. Dabo needs to burn the boats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.