ADVERTISEMENT

We played super tight

cuandcofcfan

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
We plated like a team that has been drilled into "don't lose the game yourselves". You start to feel like you might lose the game yourself and wallah, it happens. The tension grew with each blunder. Dabo needs to quit yelling at young men and coach them instead. Cade being rattled against Duke is concerning. Our run game looked great and Riley stuck to it unlike previous play calling. It wore down Duke and we were crushing them until we got inside the 10 yd line. Our WRs were not good. No better than Dukes. Collins was the only bright light. I wish the TV coverage was better where I could see if folks were open because Cade surely could not find them nor did our OL perform well in pass protection IMHO. Blake had an untimely false start, Leigh got trucked to contribute to Mafahs fumble. Cade got jumpy on the mesh. Kicker got the yips and kicking blocking was bad although the kicker needs to speed up get off time. Not sure why we didn't mirror their QB on D. It seemed Trotter kept choosing the wrong gaps. As good as Carter is he isn't physically imposing. Not a lot of backend speed but our corners looked good especially Wiggins. Mascoll just fell down when Carter had the Qbs leg on 3rd and 6 before scampering right past our DBs for 40 yds. This team feels like DWs early years but without DW and a stud WR or 2. We probably have a better OL though. I don't see greatness on either side of the ball or special teams but I hope I am wrong! We aren't as bad as we looked and Duke is better than most of us thought as well but we have our work cut out for us.

• Haha
Reactions: ClemsonO.Co
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News