ADVERTISEMENT

We will all be bigger NFL fans in the next 5-10 years

SixTenTiger

Gold Member
Aug 7, 2023
Will most of us move more towards the NFL game? I've been thinking that with all the Recent changes in college football, such as the focus on money in coaches' salaries, the NIL,and the Transfer Portal, will likely lead many of us to become bigger NFL fans. The NFL product is far superior to the college game, especially outside of a few games on the schedule.

I feel the college game and the special allure as a alunini and life-long fan does not promote the unique interest now with all of the money involved. Also, the challenges Clemson faces in the ACC is significant.

I grew up going to Clemson games, starting before I could crawl. My mom played basketball at Clemson, and my dad's father was one of the biggest Tiger fans I know. I am proud alumni and spent 5 amazing years in Clemson in the early 2000s. I attended many bowl games and away games (every ACC school except Pitt & Louisville).

Now, I do not see my kids growing up the same way I did. I'm not confident they will feel the same way I did as a young Tiger. I remember my parents letting my sister and me slide down the small hill between our seats in UI (south lower deck) and the old west end zone when I was a very small kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.