ADVERTISEMENT

WELP.......................

tgrharley

The Milwaukee Deep
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2005
with another impeachment trial in the books, the Dems can get on with he business of ruining ............err, running the country!
HMMMM, let's see, where do we start:

higher min wage thereby increasing likelihood of failed small businesses, higher cost of anything associated with it, lost jobs as businesses fail, more umemployment benefits paid,
MORE TAXES to offset cost etc. etc.

Lost jobs (already happening) as fossil fuel energy is reduced and/or eliminated) and higher gas prices (already happening) = guess what.......higher TAXES!

more illegal immigrants crossing the border with increased Covid consequences, taking jobs from legal citizens. increased crime and drugs, eventually if Dems have their way receiving health care benefits paid for by the TAXES of LEGAL citizens and the ULTIMATE goal..................are you ready..........potential Dem voters!!

stacking the Supreme Court by adding more than the current # of judges

forgive a trillion dollars in student debt. Dang, i was taught to repay what i agreed to repay. Old fashioned me. WHere ther hell does this money come from.........................can you say more TAXES...i bet you can.

Transgender males participating in girls sports at all levels. Seems about right to me....a 6'2" 200 pound biological male running track against my 5'4" 130 pound daughter. Goooooooooo DEMS, Yay! FIGHT! oops i said the word "fight" I must be inciting a riot. Sorry.

More people on the Government tit as business's fail and jobs are lost. Another ULTIMATE Dem goal...........dependency on the government.

More TAXES to pay for the killing of human lives via abortion of babies up until full term. They are especially proud of this one, women's rights you know.............but not a child's right to live.

YESSIR...........................going to be a hoot!!

with another impeachment trial in the books, the Dems can get on with he business of ruining ............err, running the country!

higher min wage thereby increasing likelihood of failed small businesses, higher cost of anything associated with it, lost jobs as businesses fail, more umemployment benefits paid,

Lost jobs (already happening) as fossil fuel energy is reduced and/or eliminated) and higher gas prices (already happening) = guess what.......higher TAXES!

more illegal immigrants crossing the border with increased Covid consequences, taking jobs from legal citizens. increased crime and drugs, eventually if Dems have their way receiving health care benefits paid for by the TAXES of LEGAL citizens and the ULTIMATE goal..................are you ready..........potential Dem voters!!

forgive a trillion dollars in student debt. Dang, i was taught to repay what i agreed to repay. Old fashioned me. WHere ther hell does this money come from.........................can you say more TAXES...i bet you can.

Transgender males participating in girls sports at all levels. Seems about right to me....a 6'2" 200 pound biological male running track against my 5'4" 130 pound daughter. Goooooooooo DEMS, Yay! FIGHT! oops i said the word "fight" I must be inciting a riot. Sorry.

More people on the Government tit as business's fail and jobs are lost. Another ULTIMATE Dem goal...........dependency on the government.

More TAXES to pay for the killing of human lives via abortion of babies up until full term. They are especially proud of this one, women's rights you know.............but not a child's right to live.

300px-Trig.jpg

Not triggered Sport. Truth. Do you not even know your own party's platform? If not you are either stupid or naive. My money is on stupid.
Forgive him he does not get out of his mother’s basement often

TRUTH!!!!

Reactions: Essolover4
As usual, conservatives choose to ignore nuance...

THIS is the reason texans are freezing right now.

Your article just showed that Texas has its own independent power grid and how it came about. The reason that many are freezing is because 23% of Texas’ power supplies comes from wind mill energy. Now they’ve also had problems it sounds like with other forms because of the weather, but when 23% of your power comes from wind mills and they’re frozen up, that’s a problem, and a problem the green lib folks have pushed for years.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Lolwut???? I’ve noticed that none of you resident libs have dared challenge the idiotic policies for this country that the OP laid out. It’s easy to slam all things ‘orange man bad’ Trump.. but you’ve been pretty quiet on the insane polices that Xiden and the Dems have in store for us.

Your article just showed that Texas has its own independent power grid and how it came about. The reason that many are freezing is because 23% of Texas’ power supplies comes from wind mill energy. Now they’ve also had problems it sounds like with other forms because of the weather, but when 23% of your power comes from wind mills and they’re frozen up, that’s a problem, and a problem the green lib folks have pushed for years.

if texas were connected to the national grid like the rest of us, the deficiency would be made up by other sources...

if texas were connected to the national grid like the rest of us, the deficiency would be made up by other sources...
The Public Utility Commission of Texas first adopted rules for the state's renewable energy mandate in 1999 and amended them in 2005 to require that 5,880 megawatts, or about 5% of the state's electricity generating capacity, come from renewable sources by 2015 and 10,000 megawatts of renewable capacity by 2025, including 500 megawatts from resources other than wind. Texas surpassed the 2025 goal in 2009, predominantly because of the generating capacity provided by the state's wind farms.

Texas has more natural gas than any state in the country. If 23% of the states power supply wasn’t wind mill energy you would have no need to be connected to the national grid. Now, since Republicans run Texas I’m assuming it was Republicans who made these dumbass decisions to cave to the libs with more ‘renewable energy’, but right now folks are freezing.

The challenge with alternative energy sources such as wind farms, is the volatility of the energy as a flow. Almost all states don't have the infrastructure to regulate the current, so when a burst of wind hits the farm, it has the potential to blow the grid if not caught and distributed before it reaches the core distribution.

I recall this also contributing to the decision to move Texas off the southwestern grid as the rest of the states didn't have the proper mechanisms to distribute the energy bursts and lacked the funding to invest.........so essentially, too much risk. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons they are separate but I remember that being at least a portion of the decision making.

This will be a challenge for almost all states looking to convert to solar, wind etc from coal or nuclear. Would love to know where all that funding is going to come from.

Georgia is set to close another coal plant in 2022 leaving just 2 left in the state I believe and the dems are already demanding another be shut in 2022/23. There is zero plan to replace them with energy sources despite the legal and vocal concerns being flagged by Southern Company, Georgia Power etc.

The Public Utility Commission of Texas first adopted rules for the state's renewable energy mandate in 1999 and amended them in 2005 to require that 5,880 megawatts, or about 5% of the state's electricity generating capacity, come from renewable sources by 2015 and 10,000 megawatts of renewable capacity by 2025, including 500 megawatts from resources other than wind. Texas surpassed the 2025 goal in 2009, predominantly because of the generating capacity provided by the state's wind farms.

Texas has more natural gas than any state in the country. If 23% of the states power supply wasn’t wind mill energy you would have no need to be connected to the national grid. Now, since Republicans run Texas I’m assuming it was Republicans who made these dumbass decisions to cave to the libs with more ‘renewable energy’, but right now folks are freezing.

Nobody is "caving to libs" in texas. They have no need. Wind energy was/is cheaper AND better for the environment. It's an obvious choice. Many states are doing the same thing regardless of political party.

Well why the hell did Texas install wind turbines without ice considered? Why did they do such a poor and incomplete implementation? Do you think that no other turbines exist in cold weather? Tucker Carlson has polluted you.

Well why the hell did Texas install wind turbines without ice considered? Why did they do such a poor and incomplete implementation? Do you think that no other turbines exist in cold weather? Tucker Carlson has polluted you.
Hell you tell me, you’re the liberal.. I don’t work in the wind turbine industry. It seems a week or so ago Germany had a similar problem with their wind turbines and solar panels when a winter storm came through. And Germany leads Europe in going green. I will give you props though that you made a complete post without using your tired, lazy, white grievance comment. But the wind turbines are white so you will probably find a way to inject it. Lol

Hell you tell me, you’re the liberal.. I don’t work in the wind turbine industry. It seems a week or so ago Germany had a similar problem with their wind turbines and solar panels when a winter storm came through. And Germany leads Europe in going green. I will give you props though that you made a complete post without using your tired, lazy, white grievance comment. But the wind turbines are white so you will probably find a way to inject it. Lol
Just admit you don't really think too deeply about these subjects and that you just want to be pleasure outraged at libs.
There are wind turbines in Antartica. Texas's problem is that they have a deregulated electric grid in t he 90s, and that by design of capatalist markets did not invest much in winterization. The gas and nuclear power stations are down as well. But rather than talk about how the grid failure or the natural gas plants being down, or the decision to deregulate and turn Texas into its own power island, its much much more desirable to point a the lib tech and not pay any attention to the actual root issue. They didn't winterize their grid because it made them a shit ton of money to not do so. Welp that decision has come home to roost.
The narrative you are portraying, that green tech is at fault, is in bad faith or just comes from bad information.

Just admit you don't really think too deeply about these subjects and that you just want to be pleasure outraged at libs.
There are wind turbines in Antartica. Texas's problem is that they have a deregulated electric grid in t he 90s, and that by design of capatalist markets did not invest much in winterization. The gas and nuclear power stations are down as well. But rather than talk about how the grid failure or the natural gas plants being down, or the decision to deregulate and turn Texas into its own power island, its much much more desirable to point a the lib tech and not pay any attention to the actual root issue. They didn't winterize their grid because it made them a shit ton of money to not do so. Welp that decision has come home to roost.
The narrative you are portraying, that green tech is at fault, is in bad faith or just comes from bad information.

pleasure outrage..lmao

Look, if wind turbines and solar panels can work and are better for the environment, hey, sign me up. I’m all for it. But it appears Germany did invest in the winterization mechanisms that you mentioned, and they’re having the same problems (or similar) as Texas is having.

ADVERTISEMENT