ADVERTISEMENT

What is everyone's opinion with what happened in Michigan today?

While it looks like a redneck convention, it's ridiculous what we are doing to this country. There are common sense things we can do, but if lil fauci had his way we'd all lock ourselves in our homes for the next 2 years. Old and sickly people die all the time, that's what they do.

While I agree with you to a certain extent, it's interesting who counts as "sickly" in this context. The underlying issues most associated with negative outcomes for covid-19 are hypertension, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and lung issues. Given the prevalence of those issues in our population- we are, after all, a nation of fat, sick, nearly dead people waddling around nursing chronic conditions, it's fair to wonder just how many people would face the worst of this virus if we didn't practice social distancing, etc. I fully understand the economic consequences and realize there are no easy answers here.

Plus it snowed up here until well after lunch today.

The governor of Mi brought this rally on herself, first by being late to the stay home party regionally. Penn and Ohio Governors jumped on the stay home 4 and 5 days before she did. Then she chose to blame the feds for not reacting as quickly as her fellow governors back on the 23rd of March, governors from Ohio and Penn are a dem and the other a repub.

After getting in a Twitter war with Trump and looking as foolish as he does. She doubled down on blaming the utilities for cutting electricity and water off on the poor, on around March 30th. Fast forward to this week and she has now decided that clamping down on insidious home remodeling, yard work, and ghast visiting your instate vacation homes is the problem for all the inner city Detroit deaths.

Political proclivities aside those in inner city Detroit that voted this lady into offfice kinda got the leader they wanted.

What we have done and sacrificed to this point was needed. The Fake News and their narrative (as I hum the REM song: It is the End of the World as We Know it...) and their 'The Sky is Falling' reporting has people tense and on edge. They are ready to go back to normal, while some Czars in certain states are increasing isolation. People are getting fed up, and starting to get the attitude that if the virus doesn't kill us then this total isolation and retreat will kill us, and the country.

I for one believe that testing needs to continue to be ramped-up, and starting next week we need to start returning to some normalcy is certain areas first then full scale.

The thing that I do not understand is the belief that a vaccine will not be available for a year or more??? I mean we get a flu shot each year as a flu somewhere else starts to spread. They have a vaccine available for the strain of flue each year. I am to believe that this is a flu that has been spreading somewhere else for a year or more? Certainly it is a vaccine of something that has been going on for just a few months? So why does this virus have a timeline of a year to year in a half? Doesn't make me feel good about the CDC if something starting spreading that was killing almost everyone. The planet would be wiped out before they could develop a vaccine? I would imagine that this pandemic is going to change some antiquated procedures, protocols, and rules?

The thing that I do not understand is the belief that a vaccine will not be available for a year or more??? I mean we get a flu shot each year as a flu somewhere else starts to spread. They have a vaccine available for the strain of flue each year. I am to believe that this is a flu that has been spreading somewhere else for a year or more? Certainly it is a vaccine of something that has been going on for just a few months? So why does this virus have a timeline of a year to year in a half? Doesn't make me feel good about the CDC if something starting spreading that was killing almost everyone. The planet would be wiped out before they could develop a vaccine? I would imagine that this pandemic is going to change some antiquated procedures, protocols, and rules?

I'll just speak to the vaccine part here, the flu vaccine has been established for decades and it just gets tweaked a little bit each year depending on which strains appear to be more prominent. Not to mention we already have the infrastructure in place to produce what we need vaccine wise for the flu every year. This is a completely different type of virus (think Salmonella vs E. coli in terms of bacteria, which do not get treated with same type of drugs). So sure they can make amounts of a vaccine pretty quickly but the issue becomes how effective is it in getting your immune system to quickly recognize and destroy the virus. Mass producing a vaccine that doesnt do the job is not helpful and so the prospects have to be screened through more and more expensive levels of testing. Not to mention I doubt these firms that are all racing to strike gold with this vaccine are communicating much about failures and successes. Just my couple of thoughts on that part of your comment.

What we have done and sacrificed to this point was needed. The Fake News and their narrative (as I hum the REM song: It is the End of the World as We Know it...) and their 'The Sky is Falling' reporting has people tense and on edge. They are ready to go back to normal, while some Czars in certain states are increasing isolation. People are getting fed up, and starting to get the attitude that if the virus doesn't kill us then this total isolation and retreat will kill us, and the country.

I for one believe that testing needs to continue to be ramped-up, and starting next week we need to start returning to some normalcy is certain areas first then full scale.

This virus has already changed drug testing and approval. "Off label" use of drugs has finally been approved (what some doctors were already doing). The red tape for getting to human trials has been cut dramatically. The hold up is making sure the vaccine does no harm. Look up "flipper children" to see what can happen when a drug is not properly vetted. Existing vaccines (like the one developed for Ebola) have started human trials. Those just take time. It has to be a double blind trial with a lot of participation. Normally, a lot of time is spent getting and paying volunteers, that hasn't been a problem. The cure has to be proven to work and do little harm. Existing anti vitals have been in human trial for weeks. Those have already been proven to do no harm (or little). Those will be used to keep people alive through the second and third waves.

I give us a month before we have millions protesting after the 1200 dollars runs out. Then we are really going to be in for it.

This thing turned political a long time ago and that is going to to get this nation really pissed off.

While it looks like a redneck convention, it's ridiculous what we are doing to this country. There are common sense things we can do, but if lil fauci had his way we'd all lock ourselves in our homes for the next 2 years. Old and sickly people die all the time, that's what they do.

It looks like a redneck convention because that's what it was. I remember after Romney lost to Obama and answers were desperately being sought, Bobby Jindal, then Republican governor from Louisiana, suggested it was time for the GOP to stop being the "stupid" party. Little did he know that real success lay not in reform but doubling down.

Pretty freaking stupid if you ask me. There are conflicting reports that the protest blocked the ambulance entrance and exit to a Lansing hospital, and there's video of at least 1 ambulance completely gridlocked for quite some time. Michigan is top 3 in the nation in confirmed cases and deaths, so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was some transmission during this. Completely counterproductive.

I will tell you what it is. She is nothing more than a liberal governor, who is power hungry, which fits the liberal narrative , and what she is doing is what she would love to see this country become. She is also auditioning to be Biden's running mate. The bad thing about that is if he chooses her, he will forget who he chose. She is no better than our distinguished Democrat congressman from SC who just a few weeks ago stated when the Covid 19 virus became the center of attention, it is time for us to push our agenda to make America become a everything is free society. Push on Dems with your fake news reporters, your way is the way to destroy the greatest country in the world.

The governor of Mi brought this rally on herself, first by being late to the stay home party regionally. Penn and Ohio Governors jumped on the stay home 4 and 5 days before she did. Then she chose to blame the feds for not reacting as quickly as her fellow governors back on the 23rd of March, governors from Ohio and Penn are a dem and the other a repub.

After getting in a Twitter war with Trump and looking as foolish as he does. She doubled down on blaming the utilities for cutting electricity and water off on the poor, on around March 30th. Fast forward to this week and she has now decided that clamping down on insidious home remodeling, yard work, and ghast visiting your instate vacation homes is the problem for all the inner city Detroit deaths.

Political proclivities aside those in inner city Detroit that voted this lady into offfice kinda got the leader they wanted.
Her policies are an over reach of the worst kind... You can’t even get in your own boat alone and ride down the lake or river. That is nuts!!

Reactions: Esso Porch
I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that they showed up for a "peaceful" rally completely militarized, armed, ordered to disrupt traffic and cause any other issues they could. Meanwhile I've seen some on this board mad because people were causing traffic delays unintentionally but marching peacefully. I can't believe it's not obvious the difference in reaction when certain people protest or certain issues. Imagine if folks showed up armed but peaceful after the 9 people were murdered in that Charleston church. People would've admonished them for being armed. Hell I would've admonished them for being armed as well.

I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that they showed up for a "peaceful" rally completely militarized, armed, ordered to disrupt traffic and cause any other issues they could. Meanwhile I've seen some on this board mad because people were causing traffic delays unintentionally but marching peacefully. I can't believe it's not obvious the difference in reaction when certain people protest or certain issues. Imagine if folks showed up armed but peaceful after the 9 people were murdered in that Charleston church. People would've admonished them for being armed. Hell I would've admonished them for being armed as well.

People see what they want to see. It's sad.

They may be "rednecks" and there may be parts of this rally that had unintended consequences like blocking an ambulance. But what I find most interesting is many of you forget how this country was born.

Most of the people taking shots at what by in large was a peaceful protest would never have had the nads to tell England to go eff themselves and get on a ship to travel across the world, much less fight for freedom. Like it or not it is this type stuff that needs to happen with a governor like the one in Michigan. Most of us on this board live in luxury. Let gas supply get short or food get short and that little protest in Michigan will look like fvcking romper room in another couple weeks.

yea she doesnt seem to bright.

we have alot of elected officials who just dont seem very intelligent.

And this is why COVID 19 will be around for sometime. Uninformed uneducated individuals that stake their life and well being on falsities cause it validates their beliefs instead of facts.

While I believe in an individuals right to protest these individuals, who have complained relentlessly about other protestors in the past were more grievous in their behavior. Combine with Easter weekend and a number of families believing they were immune from COVID 19 with big gatherings and along with MAGA fools I expect to see the peak move out til next week IF we are so lucky.

And this is why COVID 19 will be around for sometime. Uninformed uneducated individuals that stake their life and well being on falsities cause it validates their beliefs instead of facts.

Nothing we are doing is going to make Covid-19 go away. What we are doing is trying to slow it down, flatten the curve, and hope that we are better able to deal with it in the future(vaccine, treatment, increased capacity, etc). That's it. Our strategy ensures it will be an issue longer, but hope that it is an issue that is more easily dealt with. Unfortunately in that process other issues start to become problematic. So what is the balance between the solution and the side effects.

They may be "rednecks" and there may be parts of this rally that had unintended consequences like blocking an ambulance. But what I find most interesting is many of you forget how this country was born.

Most of the people taking shots at what by in large was a peaceful protest would never have had the nads to tell England to go eff themselves and get on a ship to travel across the world, much less fight for freedom. Like it or not it is this type stuff that needs to happen with a governor like the one in Michigan. Most of us on this board live in luxury. Let gas supply get short or food get short and that little protest in Michigan will look like fvcking romper room in another couple weeks.

Equating these protests to the American Revolution.

Man, you guys really are that delusional.

--Mr. DT

Truly depressing how many prioritize "muh economy" over human life.

Pretty obvious that the "pro-lifers" don't really give a shit about life after all

Except for the direct link found in countless studies between unemployment and suicide rates, drug use, obesity, shall I continue?

People turn this into a black/white (not race) debate without realizing that there’s a grey area. If you think it’s not good to protect the weak, then you’re a bit of a psychopath, but if you think this “cure” won’t lead to disastrous results with fatalities of its own, then you’re naive.

We shouldn’t stop this behavior at all. Let them congregate at will, have the FBI surveil and identify them J E Hoover style. Then turn them away when they show up at the hospital. Will get to the peak faster and eliminate a ton of idiots.

We shouldn’t stop this behavior at all. Let them congregate at will, have the FBI surveil and identify them J E Hoover style. Then turn them away when they show up at the hospital. Will get to the peak faster and eliminate a ton of idiots.
I like it.

Spot on! I had a virtual (face time) visit with my Physician this morning to renew my prescription. I asked him his opinion about the virus and he is under the same impression that this virus has been around here longer than we are being told. He also believes that a vaccination will be ready sooner than later because it has the main motivation for all which is money for whoever hits the street first with the vaccine. He also thinks that the medical community is focused and will get us safe, sooner rather than later.

One side note is he said they had patients with flu like conditions last Fall and they tested negative for flu strains known to the medical community. He believes those people infected with Covid-19.

The right to right to be armed is just as prominent in the constitution of the United States as the right to free speech and to assemble. Just because it makes you uncomfortable, doesn't make it in any way illegal, immoral, unethical, or in bad taste. That's just the political correctness that has been preached to you and us all by liberals for decades.

Should you become fearful every time you come upon a landscaper brandishing a weedwacker or chainsaw. Have you ever considered what they could do to you with those tools. Admit it, that never enters you mind. They have powerful, dangerous tools that could be used in a fit of rage, but you'll drive or walk by them without a second thought. Those landscapers didn't even submit to background checks. They could be mentally deranged.

I'm not singling you out specifically, I'm really not. But a lot of people just have the fear preached to them that firearms are going to spontaneously erupt in a murderous rage all on their own. I have actually had intelligent coworkers of mine espouse that they don't like particular restaurants because it is frequented by local police officers, and they are uncomfortable sitting close to one of them with his pistol on. How much freaking safer could you be? But they are frightened.

and you forgot the part about.........stealing land

Reactions: MoneMan
GettyImages-1210050155_jy7vi5

Shallow end of the gene pool right there.

They always get what they deserve.

Reactions: scartiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT