ADVERTISEMENT

What is going on here? What Restaurant in Clemson?

Yeah that's a bs tweet. And even if it was said, doesn't that business owner have the right to say whatever he wants? LW the free speech cop? You don't have to agree with it, but come on. LW that was bush league. You sound like every other loser on twitter with a comment like that.

How is Larry violating this individual's right to free speech?

Yeah that's a bs tweet. And even if it was said, doesn't that business owner have the right to say whatever he wants? LW the free speech cop? You don't have to agree with it, but come on. LW that was bush league. You sound like every other loser on twitter with a comment like that.

I think LWs point is you shouldn’t alienate potential customers if you need business.

In the TOWN of Clemson, which by the way has a University where the football team is pretty popular, a restaurant bashes the team is tweet worthy. Don’t think he was bashing the restaurant but saying “wow”. Be like owning a truck stop and putting anti Trump signs out front.

guess the owner hoping the faculty can help him or her survive.

Free speech cop?

I'm not following.

Reactions: cp1275 and 643DP
If you're going to tweet something like that, then why not name the actual restaurant (unless you just like creating drama)?

Because I don't want to promote his business.

I don't like it when people in my community say these football players are dumb.

These guys have been remarkably graceful and respectful through this whole process.

Disagree? No worries.

I don't like it when people in my community say these football players are dumb.

These guys have been remarkably graceful and respectful through this whole process.

Disagree? No worries.
What restaurant so we can avoid it? Our team is nothing but class. Calling them dumb is a slap in the face and that business has no place in Clemson.

Disagree? No worries.
I don’t know anything about the situation but how does saying We NEED your business is calling out the players? What’s the backstory? I’m clueless on this situation.

I don’t know anything about the situation but how does saying We NEED your business is calling out the players? What’s the backstory? I’m clueless on this situation.

There's a sign outside the business.

The owner is on social media saying football players are unintelligent.

Reactions: DClemsonTiger

I took away that these are two separate incidents. The vagueness of the tweet is electrifying. Go twitter!

From the FB of the Palmetto's owner about 23 hours ago...

"Congratulations (sarcasm) to the many of the NFL and Collegiate Football teams for helping to divide us further. You might be great athletes, but you aren't very intelligent. If you are going to pick a worthy cause, pick some that are truly representative of all lives. I support the awareness and social modifications necessary to improve the lives of Black Americans, and all others for that matter. And you will find most good Americans do too. But you picked a Logo, BLM, that is entangled with good people protesting a serious issue, bad people using it to destroy public and private property, and an actual organization that makes money by creating civil unrest. I dont think you intentionally support the negative associations, but by the looks of many comments on social media this morning, most folks think you do. Unintended consequences come from lack of specificity."

Just saw @AColdQuesalupa post the comments about the players.

I was thinking somehow the sign saying “we need your business” was calling the players unintelligent. But I now realize the business owner called them unintelligent on a separate comment.

Disagree? No worries.

I understand people on TI and those who follow you on Twitter see this, but I suspect that's a very small segment of Clemson fans and the local residents so I'm not sure how your tweet really "promotes" his business. I don't like calling players "dumb and unintelligent" either FWIW (misinformed and uneducated on the topic is more appropriate), and ultimately it's your decision whether to disclose the identity of restaurant.

Yeah going on Twitter with this strategy ain’t gonna help him/her.

"Congratulations (sarcasm) to the many of the NFL and Collegiate Football teams for helping to divide us further. You might be great athletes, but you aren't very intelligent. If you are going to pick a worthy cause, pick some that are truly representative of all lives. I support the awareness and social modifications necessary to improve the lives of Black Americans, and all others for that matter. And you will find most good Americans do too. But you picked a Logo, BLM, that is entangled with good people protesting a serious issue, bad people using it to destroy public and private property, and an actual organization that makes money by creating civil unrest. I dont think you intentionally support the negative associations, but by the looks of many comments on social media this morning, most folks think you do. Unintended consequences come from lack of specificity."

I support this statement 100% and see nothing wrong with it. I would have used "misinformed" or "not educated on the topic" instead of "aren't very intelligent" though.

Last edited:

Wow. He legit called our players unintelligent for simply trying to promote positive change in our community.

Our team just released shirts that day UNITY this weekend. They’ve been very articulate throughout the process.
Never going to Palmetto Oyster House again!

iu

• Haha
Reactions: MoneMan and Rdd8188

Aside from the unintelligent comment. I’m unaware of what was stated here is wrong?

Wow. He legit called our players unintelligent for simply trying to promote positive change in our community.

Our team just released shirts that day UNITY this weekend. They’ve been very articulate throughout the process.
Never going to Palmetto Oyster House again!

I certainly wouldnt have said "You might be great athletes, but you aren't very intelligent" ... but I see nothing wrong with the rest of it.

Saw this the other day. Wonder if it is Triple Ts?

That actually seems quite the opposite.

I have heard about cops harassing the patrons there and other bars downtown - including one who shot himself in the leg while showing off his gun to a girl in the bar, but that's a different story. Not sure if that one happened at TTTs though.

Shame - after the first two sentences the poster makes a decent point. May be right or wrong but the poster does kind of make a decent case. I do take issue with the first two sentences. These guys (at Clemson at least) are students at a damn good university.

But we've lost nuance in this society (along with the ability to fvcking think) - on both sides.

I swear to God - instead of thinking things through now, most people just tweet.

(That isn't a cut on Larry - more of a general observation).

Reactions: ChiefTiger
ADVERTISEMENT