ADVERTISEMENT

What is going on here? What Restaurant in Clemson?

If you own a small business or are in sales, I don't see why making political statements on social media can be good for you. You are just alienating half of your customers. I hope this guy gets it good.

Kinda like Backstreets a few years ago with their anti-CWP sign. I'll never darken their door again.

But then again, I never have before so I suppose that doesn't matter. I'm too damn old to go into a college bar.

I was unaware. But I'll still go to Backstreets. I've always loved that place.

Walked by it a few weeks ago and it seems they took the sign down.

Funny part is, as I understand SC law, concealed carry is still banned in actual bars. The law changed so that you can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol.

Reactions: ChiefTiger
If you own a small business or are in sales, I don't see why making political statements on social media can be good for you. You are just alienating half of your customers. I hope this guy gets it good.
I don't think it's restricted to small business. I think it's any business. Sports included.

Reactions: SGTiger
By calling him out on the world wide web inciting ridicule? Particularly without any context.
That's not violating his free speech. Violation or free speech is if the government doesn't allow him to make those statements. The owner is within his right to make that statement and LW is within his rights to make his statement.

Reactions: PontificatingUnifex
By calling him out on the world wide web inciting ridicule? Particularly without any context.

Larry didn't name the restaurant. People want him to but as far as I know he hasn't.

I would have been tempted to but IMO Larry's is the right tack (tact?) Especially in the context.

Welp, just another person to unfollow. The point was a good one. Bad phrase to begin it with calling them unintelligent but the rest was valid. BLM is a terrorist organization. Just look at the actions of BLM during and after the police ambush. Support that shit, I’ll no longer support you. This svit is ridiculous.

Welp, just another person to unfollow. The point was a good one. Bad phrase to begin it with calling them unintelligent but the rest was valid. BLM is a terrorist organization. Just look at the actions of BLM during and after the police ambush. Support that shit, I’ll no longer support you. This svit is ridiculous.
Clemson players support it. How you justifying that? Serious question.

I agree with you, but I refuse to let BLM affect my love for Clemson. Not sure how I justify it tbh.

@shortbus22 sorry hit the wrong reply button

Well I was kindof over getting season tickets and parking passes and all that’s involved with going to our terrible home game slate. Honestly, winning it all kindof took some of the excitement out of it for me and I can’t really explain why. So, it won’t be that difficult for me to not support it like I used to. I’ll still watch, sure, but just won’t be as involved as I was before. I don’t disagree with the “unity” premise but they lost me with the BLM garbage. I’m a little disappointed in Dabo, I know he doesn’t support that crap and he caved to keep these extremist happy.

I agree with you, but I refuse to let BLM affect my love for Clemson. Not sure how I justify it tbh.

I have to assume that they hear "Black Lives Matter" and think to themselves "Yes .... absolutely, black lives do matter. I want to support this". They dont go the extra step of reading BLM's charter and what they believe in and what their goals are. They dont listen to or read what BLM founders such as Ashleigh Hunter Shackleford has said or written. They dont know the history of the raised fist logo and what it stands for and its origin.

They dont know what they dont know ...

I have to assume that they hear "Black Lives Matter" and think to themselves "Yes .... absolutely, black lives do matter. I want to support this". They dont go the extra step of reading BLM's charter and what they believe in and what their goals are. They dont listen to or read what BLM founders such as Ashleigh Hunter Shackleford has said or written. They dont know the history of the raised fist logo and what it stands for and its origin.

Man oh man, Mr. Rocka. This is precisely what I think too. Excellent job articulating it! I was falling far short.

If you can’t separate kids believing that black lives matter isn’t the same as supporting that organization, you’re part of the problem. The players that have black lives matter on their helmets are not promoting the BLM organization.

Your inability to separate the two is where you are lost.

Reactions: PontificatingUnifex
If you can’t separate kids believing that black lives matter isn’t the same as supporting that organization, you’re part of the problem. The players that have black lives matter on their helmets are not promoting the BLM organization.
... maybe not ... but if you choose to put that raised fist on your helmet, you ARE promoting that organization.

Most rational people can separate the two. The ones who don't really are just looking for an excuse to ignore why so many people are asking for change in society.

Certain Clemson players support it would be most accurate. Some maybe just want to play football and are going along to get along...especially when it is officially sanctioned by the staff and the university.

I don't care if its BLM, or an Anti-War protest or a protest on whatever... Herein lies my personal problem with official sanction of some partisan political or "social" agenda that has absolutely zero to do with football.

Does this also mean you can have a confederate flag without being racist?

Most rational people can separate the two. The ones who don't really are just looking for an excuse to ignore why so many people are asking for change in society.
OR or or or ... maybe we just feel like Jim Carey in Liar Liar

giphy.gif

What specifically do you find so offensive in BLM's charter. Please be specific.

... ok ... I'll play ...

The confederate flag should be raised again on the state house grounds. Its about heritage not hate and your inability to separate the two is where you are lost.
If that's how you feel, then that's your prerogative. But you clearly don't know much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT