ADVERTISEMENT

When the money isn't enough of a factor or is the only factor

CrouchingTiger72

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2014
You get what the UNLV kid did last night. I got me thinking, how long before the FSU players revolt en masse based on what DJU is getting and not producing? Another thought is if you are a highly regarded prospect on defense and you have had a good season thus far at what point do you shut it down for the draft? When you are 1-7 or 2-5?

Well intentioned people will cite that once their are contracts in place that mean something that will hold the players accountable. I think that is wrong.

Human nature is to play well enough to get the Bag, and then a little let down occurs once you do get it. In the NFL that happens to guys on their second contract but for Hs kids to get big money for the first time has got to mess with your motivations. Of the kids in the portal, and it looks like many of the top HS prospects, money is the largest factor and as a Clemson fan and supporter that isn't enough for me. The buy in for the University, the culture and the coaching staff is way down the list. How coachable are these kids? Derecruitment is impossible in this era and will likely be even when there are contracts. School is an afterthought. As a coach, you have almost zero leverage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.