ADVERTISEMENT

Where do you do your grocery shopping?

johnhugh

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2003
Parent’s house
www.msnbc.com
Parents sent me some money so I could feed myself and I took a little trip to Walmart

86675810-22C3-4C8C-856D-5EC79E22D343_zps1btpcbgp.jpg

Mostly Publix but they are building a new Fresh Market even closer to me. Will give that a look. Occasionally I'll slum at Aldi's and rack up some good deals.

Primarily Publix and a small, local IGA sponsored grocery/market near the house. Occasionally, I'll slum it to Bi-Lo for some good deals.

Well thank God

One of the greatest things ever
Don't get me wrong, BSC is a great pop tart. But smores are much better. BSC is just convenient because it isn't sticky with frosting and is so much more common.

BSC is a better everyday pop tart, but Smores is better for every now and then. JMO. Not sure how to explain it

Don't get me wrong, BSC is a great pop tart. But smores are much better. BSC is just convenient because it isn't sticky with frosting and is so much more common.

BSC is a better everyday pop tart, but Smores is better for every now and then. JMO. Not sure how to explain it

I'd probably agree with this. Smores can be heavy as hell so I imagine eating it daily would get pretty old, but holy hell it is heaven when you have them every once in a while.

Primarily Publix and a small, local IGA sponsored grocery/market near the house. Occasionally, I'll slum it to Bi-Lo for some good deals.
Every time i drive by a Bi-Lo, I can't help but say out loud, "Why Bi-Hi, when you can Bi-Lo" in a gay voice. I actually like bi-lo, but thankfully I don't live near any at the moment because i would probably talk in gay voice all the time. As for where i shop, usually the Teeter

Reactions: cctiger94
Teeter about 90% and WF other 10%. I will
Get ribeye caps at Costco but otherwise I hate going there. We get about 80% of our veggies through our CSA when it is in season (about 2/3 of the year)

Reactions: CarolinaLove
Lol at the vaseline in the cart.

Whole Foods and Harris Teeter mostly. Wife goes to Trader Joes occasionally.

We've started ordering Shipt groceries from WF (delivery). They just started operating at Publix, so we might try that for mainstream groceries as well.

If it's not Publix, Harris Teeter, Fresh Market, or Whole Foods I'm not going. Ingles, Bilo, and Walmart has too many poor white trash types. I'd rather be around people that have standards. You're in college though OP, so you have a pass until you're at least late 20's.

Lol at the vaseline in the cart.

Whole Foods and Harris Teeter mostly. Wife goes to Trader Joes occasionally.

We've started ordering Shipt groceries from WF (delivery). They just started operating at Publix, so we might try that for mainstream groceries as well.
The Vaseline caught my eye too. That's a big one too.

BiLo was my go-to store since it was closest to me, I knew its layout and they often had great markdowns on meat since it was a very low volume store. For that reason, unfortunately, it closed recently.

As a result I have gone to the next closest options:

Tried the Publix. $10 chickens turned me away.

Tried Wal-Mart: great prices on general groceries, but their meats were barely edible.

Harris Teeter has become my new go-to. Pretty good quality all around and prices aren't awful, but wish my old BiLo had never closed.

I feel like I need to take a shower after going to walmart. I try to avoid it but I do end up there from time to time. I NEVER buy food from there. The thought of some of the people I see touching the food I will consume makes me want to vomit.

OP you have the diet of a 12 year old boy. I see a lot of constipation in your immediate future.

As far as my shopping, anything in a package comes from Amazon or Costco. Fruits and Veggies from the farmer's market. And meats & seafood from HT, Publix, WF, or Trader Joe's. Depending on which one I'm in the mood for. I go to a butcher's shop once every two months or so and try to rack up as well.

OP you have the diet of a 12 year old boy. I see a lot of constipation in your immediate future.

As far as my shopping, anything in a package comes from Amazon or Costco. Fruits and Veggies from the farmer's market. And meats & seafood from HT, Publix, WF, or Trader Joe's. Depending on which one I'm in the mood for. I go to a butcher's shop once every two months or so and try to rack up as well.
Hell I'm constipated as I'm typing this

First off, my wife does the grocery shopping and this is what she says:

Ingles for Meats, period. Walmart for anything else b/c they are simply cheaper. I don't care who else is shopping in there, it's just cheaper.

Me personally, i'll run to publix if i need something only b/c it's closer and im usually just in and out.

Last edited:
Harris Teeter.

It is right by the house. Moving and will be about equally as close to Harris Teeter and Publix. In generally I think HT is better, but this is a new Publix, so I will give it a try. Also moving closer to Whole Foods, so I will go there more often, but only get a couple of items.

OP's food selection is pretty garbage, but probably below-par for Wal-Mart. Sides not covered in Coke and Gatorade. No chips, frozen pizzas, packaged meats, etc. No fruits or vegetables though, so I would give the cart a 7 on a scale of 1-10. 1 being Yogi Fan and 10 being NASCAR Fan.

Good point on Amazon and butcher shop. We get some dry good (paper towels, TP, etc.) from Amazon Prime. I like to get steaks at NY butcher on Coleman.

You're really growing as a troll.....I must say, I'm proud of you.

Reactions: LVC11
ADVERTISEMENT