ADVERTISEMENT

While we are critiquing all threads....

PawsFan_

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2019
Well, I'm not going to take the time to look it up, but I think we have a summer time thread on how we'd rank the ACC teams. We are only 3-4 games into the season and there been very little conference play, but I think we have a better pulse on all the teams now. A lot can happen, however, I'm pretty sure we all were off on our preseason thoughts on the rankings. I know I was even though I will say that I didn't buy into some of the preseason takes.

I'll say this, because we can bust on them and Cris won't lock the tread 😀, the ACC Media voters really sucked. Here's how they voted.

1. Florida State (81) 2708 - What a huge swing and miss. Now, I didn't think FSU would be a bottom dweller, though I did pray for it, but I didn't buy into the hype either. Anyone with a pulse should have seen they were going to lose a few games. #1 is now on life support. First to worse couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base.
2. Clemson (55) 2657 - No complaints here. Tigers have a bright future if we can keep humming along.
3. Miami (17) 2344 - No complaints here either. Miami is the ACC's bell cow right now. I'm okay with that because I am safe in the knowledge that they will Mario something up during the season.
4. NC State (8) 2318 - LOL. Their easy schedule gave them hope. I guess it wasn't easy enough. I figured they'd peak at 9 wins but I guess I gave them too much credit. Swing and a miss.
5. Louisville 1984 - Meh. Easy schedule will keep them in the conversation. Pop Tart Bowl here they come.
6. Virginia Tech (5) 1968 - WTH? I know their schedule was softer than Charmin, but why did anyone think VT was going to be a winner? Because they brought back a lot? Bringing back sucky players isn't a winning recipe. It's a recipe for more losses. Raise your had if you have Clemson losing to VT in Blacksburg. You should self impose a one week posting ban for writing that down.
7. SMU 1798 - And raise your hand (not me) if you though a G5 team, who finished strong last year, was somehow going to compete with P4 teams? Yeah they may beat FSU, but that's nothing to brag about. This feel like a "we have to have token respect for one of the news schools vote."
8. North Carolina 1712 - I'm not sure I have an issue with this vote because UNC is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you ae going to get. The fact that we lose defensive recruits to a team that can't spell defense makes me sick. Bye bye Mack. UNC please go after Lane.
9. Georgia Tech (1) 1539 - Hey the Wreck aren't a wreck anymore. They are doing some wrecking. I think we are all pleasantly surprised. Dukes Mayo here they come.
10. Cal (2) 1095 - In three games you've brought more honor to the ACC that UNC football has done in 100 years. Nice job hippies.
11. Duke 1056 - Why couldn't we open with you this year instead of last?
12. Syracuse 1035 - Dang, Cuse with a pulse and a QB. Spending that NIL wisely. Good job Orange.
13. Pitt 1016 - Nice WVU win. I think you may be good. But I'm still not sure. Pinstripe Bowl sounds about right.
14. Boston College (1) 890 - BIG swing and miss by the pundits. BC is kicking butt. With their luck they will get the Fenway Bowl.
15. Wake Forest 784 - Got this one right. Wake, looks like all those 5th and 6th year players are gone. Good news is you'll be good again in 4 years.
16. Virginia 629 - Hold on now. The Fighting Tony's are making some noise. Move them up the list. The Tony of the Tiger Bowl sounds like the ideal landing spot.
17. Stanford 477 - We have a 4-0 team at the bottom. Not so fast my friends. Stanford is gooder at football than grammar and math.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.