ADVERTISEMENT

White Privilege is not real, made up by lazy people

appalachiatiger

Woodrush
Jan 7, 2009
Asheville NC
that's a fact

and systemic racism is a lie too.

there is not one thing a person of any color can do that another person of any color cant do

but you gotta have the cash.

liberal professors have been lying to you.

even written books that make no sense if you try to read them.

they are covering up years of systemic laziness

Reactions: Dbatz
that's a fact

and systemic racism is a lie too.

there is not one thing a person of any color can do that another person of any color cant do

but you gotta have the cash.

liberal professors have been lying to you.

even written books that make no sense if you try to read them.

they are covering up years of systemic laziness

Once again, you are full of crap. White privilege IS most certainly a thing. It's just not what you think it is. I take advantage of it every day of my life. I'm assuming that you are white (most people who don't believe in it are). It's NOT an "I get anything I want key". When I go into a store, I'm just a regular customer... I don't think I've ever had a clerk follow me around to make sure I'm not steeling. I've NEVER, not once worried when the cops pulled me over that I might be treated unfairly. I've never given a bit of thought to what neighborhood I run through. Nor have I ever had the police stop me from running b/c "I don't belong" in the neighborhood. White privilege is knowing that no matter what, you are getting a fair shot.

Once again, you are full of crap. White privilege IS most certainly a thing. It's just not what you think it is. I take advantage of it every day of my life. I'm assuming that you are white (most people who don't believe in it are). It's NOT an "I get anything I want key". When I go into a store, I'm just a regular customer... I don't think I've ever had a clerk follow me around to make sure I'm not steeling. I've NEVER, not once worried when the cops pulled me over that I might be treated unfairly. I've never given a bit of thought to what neighborhood I run through. Nor have I ever had the police stop me from running b/c "I don't belong" in the neighborhood. White privilege is knowing that no matter what, you are getting a fair shot.

im a mutt

thats just not what ive seen in my life.

im a mutt

thats just not what ive seen in my life.

Again, it's not a gimme card. You aren't going to get a job just b/c you are white. You have to be qualified. You aren't going to get out of a ticket for going 20+ mph or be handed stuff for free b/c of the color of your skin. It's the knowledge that you are almost always going to get a fair shot. That helps you act confidently and in a relaxed manner. For instance if you are scared of the cops and you get pulled over... you are going to be nervous. The cop is going to see that and wonder WHY you are acting suspiciously. I on the other hand might be annoyed at myself, but I know that the worst I'm going to get is a ticket. So I'm relaxed when the cop asks me to roll down the window. The cop can see that too. Which situation is more likely to blow up and which one is not. Now multiply that over virtually every situation from job interviews to apartment hunting to getting on an elevator with someone. You get tired of being judged for your skin color ... and that affects the way you act. Which in turn affects the way people react to you

I get to bypass all that crap naturally... My best friend growing up was black. Not b/c I'm special or anything, but because I lived in the stick of SC and he lived across the road from me. We were the same age and it was only natural that we hung out. As we got older, I noticed that he got treated just a little differently than I did. Almost always, it was no big deal, but it was there. I first noticed it at license checks. If I was driving, I almost always got waved through after flashing my DL. If Marty was driving he almost always got asked to pull to the side while they checked his insurance and stuff. Again, no biggy, as his insurance was always in order. But it was just a little different.

A white dude with tats and a dew ragwalks in to a store...right behind a black man walks in with a suite on. Which one is watched closely?

A white dude with tats and a dew ragwalks in to a store...right behind a black man walks in with a suite on. Which one is watched closely?

The white dude of course. AGAIN WP is not a gimme card. If you walk and talk like a gangster, you will probably get treated like one, regardless of skin color.

A BETTER question... A white dude dressed in a clean t-shirt and jeans walks into a store... right behind a black man walks in with a clean t-shirt and jeans. Which one is watched more closely?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT