ADVERTISEMENT

Who are you voting for in the upcoming SC elections?

BlackCat1220

Lake Baikal
Feb 6, 2013
I'm not a fan of Nikki Haley. Honestly I'm not a fan of a lot of them, especially Lindsay Graham. Don't even get me started on Ravenel. The choices sure are riveting in the state I love.

What if you do not like any of the people running? I just can not bring myself to place a vote for a person I have no confidence in.

Originally posted by nmerritt11:
Tim Scott
Absolutely. Love Tim Scott.

Having Thomas Ravenel on a ballot is an absolute joke. Talk about someone that would define the term dirty politics.

None of them. They are all lying selfish bastards that don't care about anything but lining their own pockets. There is no difference between the two parties. They both pander to a base to get elected, and then use their power and influence to gain wealth.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

It's time for Graham to be voted out. I hate career politicians and forefathers didn't intend for it to be a career. Go serve 2 terms then come back home and let somebody else go. Keeps ideas fresh and minimizes lobbyist corruption.

I would suggest you google the national platforms of the two major parties because whoever wins will lean in the direction of that party ...or why run on that ticket . Please go in the direction you are most comfortable with but please vote ....it really is a privilege !!

Originally posted by ArmchairTiger:
None of them. They are all lying selfish bastards that don't care about anything but lining their own pockets. There is no difference between the two parties. They both pander to a base to get elected, and then use their power and influence to gain wealth.
Hard to argue against this.

Someone tell me about Sheheen. Is there a better option than Haley and will anyone challenge her?

Maduro Tim is as real as he seems. And the thing is he actually cares about trying to bring parties together for the better of our nation. Rare I. Politics these days. Guy is just a great freaking person.

I dont know much about Tim nmerrit but ur comments seem spot on. Im leaning his way for sure.

not a fan of politicians, but I think Haley has been good for the state. She has her flaws, no doubt. Behind the scenes stuff has been questionable, at best. But I think that she has governed over a time when the business environment in the state has taken a very positive turn. Also liked how she fought the NLRB in the Boeing case.

Hutto, Shaheen, Spearman, Penny Sales Tax(Greenville)

This post was edited on 10/27 8:37 PM by semperfiger

I would tend to vote straight Dem, just based on politics, but the trouble is you're wasting your vote in SC doing that. None of them are going to win. I try instead to look for candidates who value actually getting something done, rather than endlessly talking about getting something done. Local races and referendums are will always have the most direct impact on your life, so those are the ones I try to follow most closely (penny sales tax and Sunday alcohol sales in Oconee, for example).

Republican or independent. Good to hear positives on Tim Scott. He seams like a good and genuine person.

I do not live in SC anymore. I now live in WNC, but I am voting

for anyone with an R in front of their name.

Tim Scott was previously an Allstate Insurance agent in Charleston and I met with him after he spoke at our Allstate meeting. I was so impressed with him that I called him up and drove to Charleston to have lunch with him. I told friends that I just had lunch with the future President of the US. He has solid values and is a person of integrity. He is on the road to bigger things.

Originally posted by semperfiger:
Hutto, Shaheen, Spearman, Penny Sales Tax(Greenville)

This post was edited on 10/27 8:37 PM by semperfiger
In Greenville, SC that's eiher 0-4 or 1-3....

The he election in this state is the primary, next Tuesday is just a couple hours off from work if you so desire...,

Another vote for Tim Scott. He is the man. Great to have an African American conservative representing our great state. Need more guys like him to help put an end to the myth that all conservatives are racist.

I don't care. I pulled for Clemson in 1975 also, just as hopeless. I'll just vote my conscience, thank you.

This post was edited on 10/27 9:25 PM by semperfiger

Clemson lady...great story. I saw him speak at my church years ago and until someone told me he was a politician I had no clue. That was my first experience with him and I told my wife the same thing...Guy is just engaging and I told her I was going to follow his career because he was going to do special things. I have never been intrigued and drawn in by a politician the way Tim has drawn me in. Very solid guy

A good friend of mine just got elected in Easley...Neal Collins. He is a solid guy as well. I referree wrestling with him and he is a great guy

anyone who is not for making the illegals, legal

I would love to see someone beat out Graham because he wants to make them legal and not block the borders

you can't tell me you can't get the illegals out of the country if you really want to. Hitler rounder up millions of jews with no computers just man power. We can do it today if they really want to.

I'll vote for Haley

I haven't seen Scott do much but be appointed by Haley. But I don't see anyone running against him I would vote for especially if that person is a democrat.

Haley, I thinks she has done a good job and has definitely brought jobs to our State, which we desperately needed. Has she everything just right, no but no one I vote for ever does that in my opinion. Her opponent is definitely a "Good Ole Boy" and wont do much for most of us. I definitely will vote for Tim Scott. He is very good and I believe listens to the people of SC. (remember he was a Haley appointment) He thinks the way I do. I will vote for Lindsay Graham althought it will stick in my craw to do so but. He needs to be gone after this coming term and that will take more than sitting on our lazy asses and waiting for someone else to do it. Write him an email , sent him a letter and call his office and tell him what you think of his activities and votes and look for a very good replacement. We had better start getting more involved because the career politicians are taking over this country and it is our fault. Now a little preaching... this Republic was form based on an , educated public with part time politicians that were directly accountable to their neighbor. Somehow we have let them get away from being accountable for the most part. If we don't have people representing us it is our collective fault and problem. I have been one that just voted but tried to be informed. I believe we all need to do more. We need to invest alittle time and express our views, give them hell when they don't do what they said when they were running and definitely work to find a replacement if they don't live up to their word. So don't sit on your ass and say you don't like any of them so you're not voting... That is exactly what got in this fine kettle of fish. Spend a little time on the internet and pick the one that best agrees with your thoughts on government and go vote.

I'm going to vote for the John Birchers... right down the line.

Mission

To bring about less government, more responsibility, and - with God's help - a better world by providing leadership, education, and organized volunteer action in accordance with moral and Constitutional principles

I have known Vincent'all my life. He is a great person and the smartest guy I know. Not sure what the other poster is referring to, but he is honest and cares about this state.

He does not need a political office to do well; and, in fact, would be better off financially without holding office.

It is funny that Republicans have been labeled racist because they didn't support/vote for Obama, but Tim Scott is going to win in a landslide and that is without any black vote. That just goes to show you, we don't vote for/against race, we vote for the person that supports our ideals. The same reason blacks aren't voting for Scott is the same reason we didn't vote for Obama.

I heard Tim Scott speak when he was just running for the House seat along the SC coast and he really intrigued me with his story and how genuine he sounded. I hope he has bigger plans than just the Senate. I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Tim Scott, Vincent Sheheen

Both good, honest men who work their butts off for our state. Blindly voting Republican in SC has given us the likes of Thomas Ravenel, Andre Bauer, Mark Sanford, Bobby Harrell, and Jake Knotts.

This post was edited on 10/27 10:09 PM by Old Green Tom

nmerritt11 Appreciate the positive comments about Tim. It will be interesting to see the rest of the story.

Re: Tim Scott, Vincent Sheheen

Sheheen calling Haley a whore is all I need to know about him.

Scottd s Beast and a future star. Hayley's just got "it". She's a natural and definiteky has the it factor.
Don't kniw much about little Vinny S., but not a big fan of trial lawyers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT