ADVERTISEMENT

Will people actually cancel or alter their holiday plans?

I normally go to my dad’s and he refuses to host this year. He doesn’t want to be part of the problem which I can respect. They usually have 40+ people so kind of? Mine are altered because the host altered. I’m going to my mom’s instead who’s having 35ish people because the kids are showing up.

Last edited:
Hopefully people with underlying conditions 100% protect themselves and take all precautions.

But I also hope that healthy people use the holiday weekend to re-connect and enjoy being around friends and family. 2020 been rough enough.

Im looking forward to our family and friends getting together.

Really wish our nation would get away from the extremes. We can protect people and still somewhat live our lives

Hell no...leaving Disney now...holidays will be the same and headed to Mexico in 2 weeks. If I die, I die but odds are higher I die driving back from Disney that from Covid
Flying to Cabo this afternoon for Thanksgiving with family and friends, fly back to Phoenix on the 2nd then back to Cabo on the 20th for Christmas and New Years.

We are definitely altering our plans in response to the pandemic. Will not be entertaining or visiting family out of consideration. We will get back on schedule next year when the pandemic is over. It's not just about protecting yourself, it is also protecting those you love.

my parents wanted to see me and so do my grandparents. More elderly dying of depression from not seeing family

Have really not changed much of anything since this started. We wear or masks, clean our hands often,and try to maintain distance. We will have full family and friends here for both holidays and Saturday, I will have attended every home Clemson game.

We are definitely altering our plans in response to the pandemic. Will not be entertaining or visiting family out of consideration. We will get back on schedule next year when the pandemic is over. It's not just about protecting yourself, it is also protecting those you love.

I hope one day you get this year’s Thanksgiving back.

To each, their own.

Normally have a group of 30ish people that get together. Its hosted by the older group of family members so we are talking mid 60s to 70s. We also have some recent newborns as well.

The hosts don't feel comfortable having the large group together again. So this year I'll be at Lake Oconee with my parents, sister and wife. It won't be the same but you gotta respect other people's wishes. Wouldn't be surprised if Christmas is similar.

No changes. Sorry but the Government is becoming too big and both sides can go to Hell. Live and let live. If you are one of the people that are in danger then by all means take precaution. But I refuse to comply to orders from people that refuse to call out state leaders that FORCED infected patients into nursing homes. They can kick rocks and kiss my lily white butt

We will be doing a zoom thanksgiving. We have been doing vegan thanksgiving the past few years and we have all been adopting Turkeys from Farm Sanctuary. I encourage everyone to do this as well.
giphy.gif

I’ll be with somewhere around the neighborhood of 25 people on Thursday ranging from 2-70 years old. All of us will shake hands and hug and eat together. Not a single one of them would have it any different this year.

Yes usually in Florida for the week at in laws. MIL didn’t want us coming down bc she gets chemo treatment and with kids in school 5 days a week she didn’t want to take chance of us bringing it down. My dad isn’t doing thanksgiving bc if his health so I’m cooking abd drinking at home for first time in 14 years.
My entire point. For people that are high risk I can totally understand their thinking and fear. I just do not want "laws" put in place that treat us all as having the same medical issues. Hopefully your Holidays are still great and loaded with laughs.

Typically we have my wife's family( she is from a family of 8 kids ) for Thanksgiving along with my parents, both 81, who live a couple miles from us. 25-30 folks strong most years.

Think what you want but that ain't happening this year. My wife and I agreed that including my parents along with having our kids with us was paramount so this year we will be 6 strong haha. My parents, us and 2 of our 3 kids.

Some of you talk a big game about not changing a thing but I've seen too many patients die alone in the ICU from this to ignore the reality that I cannot expose my parents to the russian roulette that would have been having them at our house with 30 other people from all over the southeast. Their risk will be greater as it is just being around us 4 but I talked to them about that and they were willing to accept that reality.

We will be doing a zoom thanksgiving. We have been doing vegan thanksgiving the past few years and we have all been adopting Turkeys from Farm Sanctuary. I encourage everyone to do this as well.
Do they taste differently form Butterball?

• Haha
Reactions: sctiger03
I understand the need and want to see family. Just be careful. We let our guard down at the beach. We were with 3 families. One woman became symptomatic on Tuesday. We arrived on Saturday. 13 out of 18 were either positive or became symptomatic. It will spread like crazy, if you are not careful. We all recovered, thankfully. However, it got scary for about 3 of us. Ages ranged from 8 weeks to 62 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT