ADVERTISEMENT

Would, Coulda, Shoulda...a counterpoint

BonesF15

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Mar 27, 2002
I have not been on the West Zone since the game. I am sure it has been an exploding cantaloupe.

My perspective. yes, it was a miserable and disappointing game, but is there potential to make a great run the rest of the season?

The offense moved the ball. Running game was stronger as the game went on. Cade was more accurate than DJU. Certainly not perfect, but better. DJ would have been a mess in that game. Offensive gameplan is better than last year and it is still building into a whole new system. I believe in Coach Riley and QB1 CK.

Defense. Hmmm. The line pushed and collapsed the pocket repeatedly. Duke QB made great decisions and got the ball out very fast - over and over and over. Wheel routes were a problem. LBs were not what I expected. 2nd half was better until it wasn't. Make the tackles!! Fixable things. I believe the Defense will be great.

We made huge and uncharacteristic mistakes. 2 fumbles in the red zone. 2 missed field goals. Convert all 4 of those and the tenor of the game is completely different. Maybe Clemson rolls from there and Duke crumbles. All the blubbering on here would be completely different. I believe we will fix those mistakes.

I know this probably pissed off 90% of you, so go ahead and flame away. I will check back in again in a week or longer.

If we beat FSU and run the table, will you still have the same convictions. There is a reason those in the know predicted an 11-1 season. I believe this is a very good team.

Let's Go Tigers!! I BELIEVE!!

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.