cant make this up

so the politicians in CA are proposing a wealth tax

right no big deal

the VP candidate wants a wealth tax bad

so cavuto ask

'what stops them from leaving"

politician says does not matter

they have included in the bill

IF YOU MOVE OUT OF STATE YOU WILL BE TAXED FOR 10 YEARS NO MATTER WHERE YOU MOVED TO

crazy huh

We should have a wealth tax in this country.

i think we should control the bottom side of the curve better than taxing the top end

raising the working poor income is key

we have had a series of wage deflation issues

latest has been the laissez fair attitude of not controlling the working poor labor market for them.

just ask the wealthy to respect the value of labor more

raise the minimum wage

and i would start by giving every hourly associate a raise enough to equate $10k a year.

the wealthy would rather pay their workers a living wage if they knew the consequence was the end of capitalism.

simple really.

having 2-5 homes and having employees living in their cars in not very any religion like

called selfishness

and i know jesus frowned upon such attitude

Reactions: jeffcoat
i think we should control the bottom side of the curve better than taxing the top end

latest has been the laissez fair attitude of not controlling the working poor labor market for them.

raise the minimum wage

and i would start by giving every hourly associate a raise enough to equate $10k a year.

the wealthy would rather pay their workers a living wage if they knew the consequence was the end of capitalism.

simple really.

having 2-5 homes and having employees living in their cars in not very any religion like

called selfishness

I stand corrected

They do this in Germany.

I have a friend who just moved from Germany. If you sell your business and stop working before a certain age, you are required to pay taxes as if you are still working until you reach retirement age. They do not want to lose out on lost furture earnings.

My liberal friends are excited about Biden promising to raise taxes because we need the money to help the poor. It boggles the mind that people just willingly ask for more taxes and government and believe that government will actually put the money to good use.

They do this in Germany.

I have a friend who just moved from Germany. If you sell your business and stop working before a certain age, you are required to pay taxes as if you are still working until you reach retirement age. They do not want to lose out on lost furture earnings.

My liberal friends are excited about Biden promising to raise taxes because we need the money to help the poor. It boggles the mind that people just willingly ask for more taxes and government and believe that government will actually put the money to good use.

you can help the poor by paying them more

making the jobs more lucrative

its wayyyyyy better than giving it to a democrat

"to help the poor"

they spend $100,000 a year helping a homeless person in california

at the end of that year

he is no better off than he was as the start of the year

and govt housing

its the democrats version of an indian reservation

its a concentration camp with a heart

They do this in Germany.

off topic

but i think this guy is a democrat

he might be coming around

he be

waken instead of woken

Reactions: lockefloyd
I am All In on a Poor Tax

tax the hell out of poor people so we get rid of them

hope them all move to New York Chicago
Portland Seattle San Francisco

that is my plan

then

who is going to have that smiling face when you pull up to the drive thru window whether at a restaurant or a bank?

who is going to be behind the counter at the convenience store when you go get gas and you need something inside?

who is going to be stocking the shelves at your grocery store or at your favorite strip mall store?

who is going to cut your hair?

the working poor is a large group of people barely getting by, the ones who gave up or made mistakes are homeless or in prison

its not that easy as extermination

Reactions: essoclemsontiger
Helping poor homeless people and slave reparations are in the same category

if you handed both individuals in those groups a check fi $250,000.00 to help them out they would all be broke in 3 years

you can’t fix financially ignorant people

those 2 are different

one is you are valuing the labor being performed. most hourly jobs are $5-$10 an hour behind what they were in 1980.

giving a man raise for labor

is different

than just a handout that you didnt earn or are not in the process of earning

Reactions: tigr073
cant make this up

right no big deal

so cavuto ask

IF YOU MOVE OUT OF STATE YOU WILL BE TAXED FOR 10 YEARS NO MATTER WHERE YOU MOVED TO

crazy huh

Good luck enforcing that one. A good lawyer (oxymoron?) should make short work of that tax!

perry-mason-700.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: tuckertiger

if you handed both individuals in those groups a check fi $250,000.00 to help them out they would all be broke in 3 years

I’m not arguing for reparations.

But did you just say all black people are financially ignorant? Because that’s the way it reads.

Reactions: iceheart08

raise the minimum wage

simple really.

called selfishness

If they do this I will simply close my business and retire. I can’t give my employees a 10,000 a year raise and still stay in business. Millions of jobs in the US will just go poof !

Yes because giving the federal government more money is always better because it never gets wasted and never feeds self-licking ice cream cones.

I prefer any politician be assassinated rather than raise my taxes a dollar . Why would anyone want to give their money to the biggest assholes on the planet .

cant make this up

right no big deal

so cavuto ask

crazy huh

All that guy's getting is a lawsuit, which he probably loses.

Two guys were having a beer and talking. One suggested taking all the money in the country and divide it equally for everyone. The other said what you said above. The first guy said, you don’t understand, I want to do it every Friday

raise the minimum wage

simple really.

called selfishness

A wealth tax theoretically makes more sense than income tax. It’s just impossible to enforce right now, imo.

I’ll give you a hypothetical scenario - pretend I’m mid-20s and make 6 figures because I got a good job out of college but I have really high school debt, a car loan, no real estate owned, and my credit can’t be perfect just yet. I haven’t been able to build up wealth. I worked full time in college and earned <$40k/yr working in a warehouse. My family isn’t rich. I get taxed the same as my CEO or many other “rich” people who make 6 figures but have a considerable amount of wealth built up over the years (no debt, diverse investments in real estate/equity/etc.). Our income is taxed exactly the same. Sure they’ll pay more capital gains tax but that’s not income.

How does it not make more sense to tax wealth than income?

Last edited:
Reactions: IMBlessed
If they do this I will simply close my business and retire. I can’t give my employees a 10,000 a year raise and still stay in business. Millions of jobs in the US will just go poof !

you could quit sending the 6.7% and 3.5% that you collect for the employees and just add it into their pay???

A wealth tax theoretically makes more sense than income tax. It’s just impossible to enforce right now, imo.

I’ll give you a hypothetical scenario - pretend I’m mid-20s and make 6 figures because I got a good job out of college but I have really high school debt, a car loan, no real estate owned, and my credit can’t be perfect just yet. I haven’t been able to build up wealth. I worked full time in college and earned <$40k/yr working in a warehouse. My family isn’t rich. I get taxed the same as my CEO or many other “rich” people who make 6 figures but have a considerable amount of wealth build up over the years (no debt, diverse investments in real estate/equity/etc.). Our income is taxed exactly the same. Sure they’ll pay more capital gains tax but that’s not income.

im just saying we need to get out of that "double digit" gain mentality and give more credence to operating with a tighter profit margin to make the system more efficient in real time.

im just saying we need to get out of that "double digit" gain mentality and give more credence to operating with a tighter profit margin to make the system more efficient in real time.

That made 0 sense to me.

Why couldn’t whatever you said above be accomplished with a wealth tax?

cant make this up

right no big deal

so cavuto ask

crazy huh

Another example of short term thinking... so why would anyone want to move to California and do well knowing this is coming.. you could receive a short term windfall, but my god destroy what is ahead... look how many people set up camp in states now with no state income tax....what is this country coming to?

That made 0 sense to me.

Why couldn’t whatever you said above be accomplished with a wealth tax?

it can

but thats after the fact

draw out the money cycle on a sheet of paper of both scenarios and see which one

1- gets more bang for the buck

2- recycles dollar faster thru more hands in private sector v public sector

I’ll give you a hypothetical scenario - pretend I’m mid-20s and make 6 figures because I got a good job out of college but I have really high school debt, a car loan, no real estate owned, and my credit can’t be perfect just yet. I haven’t been able to build up wealth. I worked full time in college and earned <$40k/yr working in a warehouse. My family isn’t rich. I get taxed the same as my CEO or many other “rich” people who make 6 figures but have a considerable amount of wealth build up over the years (no debt, diverse investments in real estate/equity/etc.). Our income is taxed exactly the same. Sure they’ll pay more capital gains tax but that’s not income.

Because the money has already been taxed about 4 times

and the wealthy are mobile and will leave which leads to less tax revenue

it can

but thats after the fact

draw out the money cycle on a sheet of paper of both scenarios and see which one

1- gets more bang for the buck

2- recycles dollar faster thru more hands in private sector v public sector

Assuming you haven’t accumulated wealth, wouldn’t a hypothetical wealth tax mean you pay less taxes?

Not saying you personally, just “you” in the general sense. A wealth tax would help the vast majority of the low and middle class in our country (by paying less taxes). Even a lot of the “upper” middle class would pay less taxes. I like the idea theoretically, but again, I don’t think an effective wealth tax can be realistically enforced right now.

Reactions: IMBlessed

raise the minimum wage

simple really.

called selfishness

I “Boldly” Agree & Endorse These Sentiments!

Furthermore, If Everyone with a net worth of $100 million + were to take half of their monthly interest to get a Working Family (You Define), only string attached is Working, Out Of debt, think of how far we will be as a Country!

i.e. the average family in Our Country has $3-5000.00 debt. A million dollars per month can relieve 36-60 families of debt per year! Sounds Radical, Hell (God Forgive Me) Yeah!

I sure hope I’m reading this the wrong way because it sounds disgustingly racist.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT