ADVERTISEMENT

Yale says use the HydroCL

One epidemiologist at Yale, and used early after infection, not prophylactically and not after virus has “multiplied” s/p infection.

Don’t get me wrong, I am for whatever works for treatment, and I think we are getting better at it with experience. The new coronavirus is politicized in our country, and probably why this thread was started. And the link is to a dubious source which is interpreting the Op-Ed the epidemiologist wrote in (I think) Newsweek. At least “just the news” links that.

Reactions: GoodWord28
This is known. But it is bad because it comes from the bad orange man! It provides further evidence that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and we're not completely sure about the universe.

That's not why it's bad. It's actually not bad, but it's dangerous for a lot of people, which is why the way Trump initially promoted it was somewhat reckless. I'm very familiar with the drug as it's got some definite benefits for a number of lung / inflammatory issues. My son (7 years old) has a rare lung disease called Children's Interstitial Lung Disease (chILD). Hydroxycloroquine (often combined with azythromycin) can be very effective, but it can be incredibly dangerous for anyone with any cardiac issues to take. The thing with cardiac issues, is that many people who have them don't know they have them, so for those folks....if they were to take the drug, it could kill them.

It's not a "bad" drug, it's just that the benefits in fighting this particular illness are very suspect and are still being evaluated. Some studies have it showing promise, others not at all. So combine that with the danger it presents when the patient has other issues (like cardiac), and it's a serious risk / benefit analysis that needs to take place for each prospective patient when the Doctor considers the prescription.

Last edited:
That's not why it's bad. It's actually not bad, but it's dangerous for a lot of people, which is why the way Trump initially promoted it was somewhat reckless. I'm very familiar with the drug as it's got some definite benefits for a number of lung / inflammatory issues. My son (7 years old) has a rare lung disease called Children's Interstitial Lung Disease (chILD). Hydroxycloroquine (often combined with azythromycin) can be very effective, but it can be incredibly dangerous for anyone with any cardiac issues to take. The thing with cardiac issues, is that many people who have them don't know they have them, so for those folks....if they were to take the drug, it could kill them.

It's not a "bad" drug, it's just that the benefits in fighting this particular illness are very suspect and are still being evaluated. Some studies have it showing promise, others not at all. So combine that with the danger it presents when the patient has other issues (like cardiac), and it's a serious risk / benefit analysis that needs to take place for each prospective patient.
Yep, this whole episode, with some people who seen to want believe it’s a wonder drug because Trump touted it, and others who seem to think it’s killer quack medicine because Trump touted it, has been bizarre.

When trump touts whatever vaccine is developed, millions will refuse to take it due to their politics

So true. And millions of others will hope and pray it’s ineffective due to politics.

No, you're thinking of your feelings of Obama.

But if Trump and Trump ALONE comes out and says "this is the vaccine" and a bunch of other experts come out and say "no, it's actually harmful to most people", then I'll listen to the experts and not Trump.

If Trump comes out and says "this is the vaccine" and he is backed up by most of the scientific community, I'll be first in line to take it.

--Mr. DT

But if Trump and Trump ALONE comes out and says "this is the vaccine" and a bunch of other experts come out and say "no, it's actually harmful to most people", then I'll listen to the experts and not Trump.

If Trump comes out and says "this is the vaccine" and he is backed up by most of the scientific community, I'll be first in line to take it.

--Mr. DT

You are the person I’m talking about. Bless your heart

or they’ll wait till actual medical experts, doctors and scientists tout the vaccine.

or the more likely scenario, trump will come out with a positive outlook, the medical experts will have a more guarded outlook (neither of which would be in the wrong), and the mainstream media, woke left, and social media mob will sh!t their collective pants screaming at how trump is an idiot and endangering the public by having the gall to suggest anything other than death and destruction from the coronavirus.

or the more likely scenario, trump will come out with a positive outlook, the medical experts will have a more guarded outlook (neither of which would be in the wrong), and the mainstream media, woke left, and social media mob will sh!t their collective pants screaming at how trump is an idiot and endangering the public by having the gall to suggest anything other than death and destruction from the coronavirus.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200520124848-20200520-trump-religion.jpg

--Mr. DT
I would never put my health or the health of others in jeopardy for politics. Unfortunately we have to many in this country will are blind when it comes to politics. If one side does something the other side says it’s wrong when the other side says something it must be a lie. I call things like I see it no matter what side it’s on. I’m not a fan of trump but if he can end this covid shit I say put him on Mount Rushmore, I will name my next kid after him, and get a picture of him tattooed to my ass.

It's not a "bad" drug, it's just that the benefits in fighting this particular illness are very suspect and are still being evaluated. Some studies have it showing promise, others not at all. So combine that with the danger it presents when the patient has other issues (like cardiac), and it's a serious risk / benefit analysis that needs to take place for each prospective patient.

A doctor has to prescribe it, so I would assume your doctor would determine if it is worth the risk.

Presidents are just passing word down from medical advisors. It's not like Trump invented this stuff. Obviously medications have risks. That's why doctors have to write scripts.

I can't imagine you can get this stuff over the counter.

Reactions: ClemsonGentleman
This is known. But it is bad because it comes from the bad orange man! It provides further evidence that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and we're not completely sure about the universe.

human stupidity will never disappoint you

I am a member of Tiger Illustrated because I have never felt the pain of disappointment here

just about when I think all is lost

A bright light shines in my eyes and I am awakened

Praying that Trump is the first person to take vaccine and he recommends everyone follow suit

that statement by him will be the end of the millions of liberals who would rather die than use reason and logic

so you go Trump

--Mr. DT
Every soldier in Vietnam Nam received it every day for Malaria without side effects. Go figure...

Couple of things. "Yale" didn't say this. Someone who works @ Yale said this. And, an important key to this is early treatment, which relies on adequate testing, which we still don't have.
No it doesn’t. You can take it as a preventative if you choose...just like they do for malaria.

And apparently Harvard says we need 3.5m tests per day. Per CNN. Not some guy from Harvard.

The left right now is the epitome of a cult. If you refuse to go along with one of their ridiculous Marxist ideas, then you’re out of their cult and they’ll try try and destroy you. A bunch of non thinking zombies is what they are. No room for self think or ideas out of there ideology.

Its so odd to see very smart people presumably say to themselves “I completely disregard an extensive study from experts that state Hyroxy because well Trump”

thats seriously where we are at. A drug that can save lives condemned because well Trump.

Its honestly sad. People choose politics over saving lives

The right now is the epitome of a cult. If you refuse to go along with one of their ridiculous conspiracies or fascist autocrat, then you’re out of their cult and they’ll try try and destroy you. A bunch of non thinking zombies is what they are. No room for self think or ideas out of their ideology.
No less true.

Reactions: PontificatingUnifex
My sister lives in Texas and has covid. She has a very bad immune system and she was given a subscription of this day one. It has taken over two weeks but she is starting to recover. Very thankful.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99

--Mr. DT
You're right about this. But you're also being naive if you think there aren't people on the other side that will react the same way towards Trump. Its a sickness.

So you would be willing to take medical advice from Trump and not the experts as he stated in your post?

That guy brought up Obama 1st thing. What does Obama have to do with the millions who wouldn’t take a vaccine if Trump recommends it. Clearly a my team vs your team political person and mentally weak.

didn’t refute anything I said either

This drug is being dismissed based soley on the fact that it is so cheap and is already available. Big pharma don't want the public to know about it because they will not make billions of of it.
What’s sick is I can believe this.

I'm not gonna refute dick because you're not gonna listen to me anyway.

As for "mentally weak" for playing teams or whatever, I mean Trump can't even stand to have Clinton's, Bush's, or Obama's portraits in public display, so that's the ultimate in weak ass mentality, and that's ya boy right there.

If a doctor comes to me and says "you should take Hydroxychloroquine because of X or Y", then sure I'd listen and probably take it if he thought it's safe because I LISTEN TO MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. Unlike some of y'all. Has nothing to do with Trump.

I'm proud to be a Democrat and proud that it pisses so many of you off.

Enjoy your evening.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
I'm not gonna refute dick because you're not gonna listen to me anyway.

As for "mentally weak" for playing teams or whatever, I mean Trump can't even stand to have Clinton's, Bush's, or Obama's portraits in public display, so that's the ultimate in weak ass mentality, and that's ya boy right there.

If a doctor comes to me and says "you should take Hydroxychloroquine because of X or Y", then sure I'd listen and probably take it if he thought it's safe because I LISTEN TO MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. Unlike some of y'all. Has nothing to do with Trump.

I'm proud to be a Democrat and proud that it pisses so many of you off.

Enjoy your evening.

You aren’t going to refute what I said because you can’t. I didn’t vote for Trump.

Reactions: REDSKNDON
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT