ADVERTISEMENT

You know how you can tell when the end is near? For programs or coaches?.....

tigertommy1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2009
when that whole "circle the wagons" mentality begins to take over.

If true that Dabo refused the sit down interview with Josh Pate....that is a bad look.
On top of the change in the weekly call in show (and maybe that was just a coincidence, and changes had been planned).
On top of the staff appearing as if they really tried to steer the narrative coming out of the football building this summer and fall.
Of the constant coach speak coming out.
You have your QB telling people/players "don't quit on me".
When your message boards start having posters with the old "we need to support the team" garbage.

The outside media has been crucifying the program on Sunday. It will get worse before it gets better.

(And for you little trolls in the football office who seem to be worried about my posts......print this one and circulate it too. You got bigger problems than me, or any other poster on this site)
It just looks and feels like a desperate attempt to keep it all together......and that may not be far from the truth.

We aren't elite. We have issues. Can still win a pitiful conference. But dadgum some things need to change, and in a hurry. Because at this point, it looks and feels like the vultures are circling and the entire football building is trying to insulate themselves and players and staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.