ADVERTISEMENT

Zuckerberg says FBI pressure led Facebook to censor Hunter Biden laptop story

TigerGrowls

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Smoking Gun Evidence and this is not coming from a Trump Supporter.

"We thought there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the 2016 election and we have noticed that, basically there's about to be some kind of dump that's similar to that. So, just be vigilant"

By Ben Whedon
Updated: August 25, 2022 - 10:23pm
Appearing on "The Joe Rogan Experience" podcast on Thursday, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg alleged that the FBI warned the company of a "dump" of Russian propaganda prior to the New York Post publishing a story that included damaging information on then-candidate Joe Biden from his son Hunter Biden's laptop.
"The FBI basically came to us... and said, 'Hey, just so you know, you should be on high alert. We thought there was a lot of Russian propaganda in the 2016 election and we have noticed that, basically there’s about to be some kind of dump that’s similar to that. So, just be vigilant,'" the social media tycoon told host, Joe Rogan (see Spotify timestamp 1:47:40).
Zuckerberg went on to contrast his company's policy with that of Twitter, which banned sharing the story outright. "So, our protocol is different from Twitter's. What Twitter did is they said 'you can't share this at all.' We didn't do that," he said.
"The distribution on Facebook was decreased, but people were still allowed to share it," he continued.
"The ranking in newsfeed was a little bit less," Zuckerberg continued. "Fewer people saw it than they would have otherwise."
The Facebook founder then told Rogan that he wanted to exercise caution following the FBI's warning. "If the FBI... they come to us and tell us that we need to be on guard about something, then I want to take that seriously," he said.
"Did they specifically say that you needed to be on guard about that story?" Rogan asked.
Zuckerberg could not recall if the FBI warned of the story, but went on to express some regret that the company limited the story's distribution after it was ultimately verified.

So the FBI already had the laptop when they told Facebook and others to be prepared for Russia collusion, despite knowing it wasn't Russian disinformation. That certainly isn't a good look.

Wonder why he would publicly admit that right before the midterms? Strange timing given how much money he dumped into the election cycle to help Biden win in 2020. Unless he thinks he's about to spend the next several years testifying in front of congress if it all flips red? Either way, strange one.

In before Dpic tries to make Solomon out to be Alex Jones
I've addressed Jon Solomon a couple times already Klandy Man. I guess you just skipped right over this exchange huh?

"Did they specifically say that you needed to be on guard about that story?" Rogan asked.
Zuckerberg could not recall if the FBI warned of the story

So let's go ahead and call this what it is - FAKE NEWS

• Haha
Reactions: JoeBidenSniffsKids
So the FBI already had the laptop when they told Facebook and others to be prepared for Russia collusion, despite knowing it wasn't Russian disinformation. That certainly isn't a good look.

Wonder why he would publicly admit that right before the midterms? Strange timing given how much money he dumped into the election cycle to help Biden win in 2020. Unless he thinks he's about to spend the next several years testifying in front of congress if it all flips red? Either way, strange one.
He thought he was getting out in front of it, but instead, he just showed how much he was complacent in all of this.

What an idiot!

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I've addressed Jon Solomon a couple times already Klandy Man. I guess you just skipped right over this exchange huh?

Zuckerberg could not recall if the FBI warned of the story

So let's go ahead and call this what it is - FAKE NEWS

Remembers the conversation with the fbi about news to be aware of but cant recall if that news was mentioned? Fbi rolling up to hq for a sitdown such a regular thing he gets fuzzy on the deets of individual convos?

Considering the source I'm surprised it's only 74%
The real poll to care about is the one that said 17% of Biden voters would have switched their vote if they knew about the laptop and business dealings. I question the 17% being totally accurate and I doubt it was enough to flip the results but what's shocking really is the FBI's blatant interference in an election and Facebook's willingness to censor, totally opposite stance from 2016.

People might not be thinking about it this way but Zuckerberg might have just given Trump a get out of jail free card. Awfully hard to prosecute him now given the election interference is out in the open.

For Zuckerberg to admit that, given the amount of money he put towards lib election wins, he clearly thinks it's going to come out anyway and my guess is it will be the Elon Musk vs Twitter legal battle.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
The real poll to care about is the one that said 17% of Biden voters would have switched their vote if they knew about the laptop and business dealings. I question the 17% being totally accurate and I doubt it was enough to flip the results but what's shocking really is the FBI's blatant interference in an election and Facebook's willingness to censor, totally opposite stance from 2016.

People might not be thinking about it this way but Zuckerberg might have just given Trump a get out of jail free card. Awfully hard to prosecute him now given the election interference is out in the open.

For Zuckerberg to admit that, given the amount of money he put towards lib election wins, he clearly thinks it's going to come out anyway and my guess is it will be the Elon Musk vs Twitter legal battle.
i'd love to see the methodology on that poll from MRC. i also, can't seem to find the actual poll itself beyond it being mentioned on a bunch of garbage RW sites like timesfreepress and the federalist. do you happen to have any links from the poll center itself that shows the methodology they used?

i'd love to see the methodology on that poll from MRC. i also, can't seem to find the actual poll itself beyond it being mentioned on a bunch of garbage RW sites like timesfreepress and the federalist. do you happen to have any links from the poll center itself that shows the methodology they used?
Have to look, haven’t actually seen it since it came out which was closer to the election but then again haven’t really looked for it. I think there will be some that might have voted differently but 17% seems awfully high imo

Reactions: WapPride
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT