ADVERTISEMENT

A pre mother's day thought!

BRaw76

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2021
Many of you have a mother to visit tomorrow. I lost mine last year, a day I can never forget to start with 9-11.

My momma had dementia, so I basically lost her before I lost her physically. She didn't know me, my siblings or her grandkids for the longest in this sickness. It was hard to see my momm's brain telling her body to shut down. She never had any medical problems and was a strong woman.

I remember one time when I was in elementary school. I came home crying because I had gotten bullied by a kid at school. Before social media, there were real talkers lol. The kid lived behind us. My momma grabbed me by the wrist (the old grab when you're about to get a switching and go around and around while she's tearing them legs up and won't let go grip lol).. Anyway, she drug me up to his house and his mom started running her mouth to momma. The woman comes out and shoves my momma. The next thing I know momma is beating the crap out of this woman. The kid comes out and my instincts go, me and him get into a panicky fight. I laid into him, never felt anything. I never had a problem with him again. We became friends until he moved away.
I learned that day not to fear any man or anything. I didn't know until later though violence is not a Christian character and it was before I was saved, that I'm to fear in the right way. My Lord taught me not to fear any man, but fear God alone. My mother bless her heart was in an abusive marriage before she met my dad.

I've had many butt whoopings since gaining my confidence to stand strong and take one if need be. Some in my own belligerent, drunk and drug days. Some has been for the right reason. Had to put my ex brother in law in his place.

I say all that in my memories of my momma to say this. Momma's should be loving, but they can be redneck when you mess with their kids. She was the kindest woman ever, believed in the poor and the ability to escape it. But she could get mean if push come to shove.
She could cook as well. I remember her telling me stories of how it was the young girls job to help their momma cook in the kitchen. She learned so much from my mawmaw (her mom). I miss their cooking. Everything was from scratch and took forever to cook lol. Wish I'd picked up on some things and not just worried about playing lol.
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers that differ and are alike.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News