ADVERTISEMENT

Active Charlotte shootout...

Prayers sent

images

It was an ongoing investigation that they moved in on today because the wire tap was running out at the end of the month and it went really bad

• Sad
Reactions: Dackel and 24TIGER
This is about 5 miles from my house. Looks like it's in the Shannon Park neighborhood. We used to be members of the pool for there in the summers.

Prayers for all involved. Scary situation

Tragic. Tragic. Tragic.

The disrespect for Law Enforcement has to end.

The beginning would be gallows, and quickly, for anyone shooting at, wounding or killing a Law Enforcement officer. No questions asked.

NO one needs to defend themselves against a Law Enforcement Officer.
No matter the conditions.

Even if you're innocent, do NOT shoot. Let the system run it's course.
You pull the trigger.... you die.
Simple.

Last edited:
Tragic. Tragic. Tragic.

The disrespect for Law Enforcement has to end.

The beginning would be gallows, and quickly, for anyone shooting at, wounding or killing a Law Enforcement officer. No questions asked.

NO one needs to defend themselves against a Law Enforcement Officer.
No matter the conditions.
I agree with the disrespect, but police protecting bad cops drive a lot of this. Need to get bad cops off the streets because its causing good cops to get hurt and killed. Bad cops think they can treat people any old way they want and people have to bow to them. Sorry doesnt work that way...

I agree with the disrespect, but police protecting bad cops drive a lot of this. Need to get bad cops off the streets because its causing good cops to get hurt and killed. Bad cops think they can treat people any old way they want and people have to bow to them. Sorry doesnt work that way...

I get it. I do.

But not the time.

4 cops killed and 8 wounded and this is what you got??? Take a lap you fing idiot.

2nd dumbest

So these cops are dead (RIP) because bad cops drove the perps actions? Did I have that correct?

Could be the dumbest post I’ve seen on here
Without attacking me please point to where Im wrong. Ive seen it too many times in my 56 years this playing out and people like you not believing it. So the cycle repeats and gets worse...PS My grandfather was a retired 30 year police vet in Columbia

So these cops are dead because bad cops drove the perps actions? Did I have that correct?
Dont know why these cops died since I dont know the motive in this case but many good cops die because of bad cops... Lets wait 72 hours to see what leaks out because most news is wrong in the first 24 hours...

As many on here know, I served as a federal agent for 27 years.

In that time, I executed and served numerous "high risk" search warrants.

Many of those as a member of a HIDTA ( High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area) Task Force, embedded as a U.S. Secret Service Agent with the DEA.

These operations were conducted in the greater South Florida area against cells of the Cali and Medellin cartels.

We knew going in that the shit could go really bad, very quickly.

To the point of having Metro Dade Advanced Life Support Ambulances on site.

There were a couple of times that I left our home in Ft. Lauderdale...and really wasn't sure if I would ever see my wife again.

Those courageous U.S. Marshals never will...

God Bless those guys. And for you anti-cop f#ck sticks...kiss my ass

Three US Marshals were killed Monday and five other officers wounded when they were met with a hail of bullets while trying to serve a warrant in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Chief Johnny Jennings said Tuesday called it the bloodiest day for law enforcement he’s seen in his 32 years on the job.

“Today we lost some heroes that were out there simply trying to keep our communities safe,” Jennings said at a press conference shortly after the situation settled.

“To me it’s the most tragic [day] that I’ve been involved in,” he added.

“They lost their lives after they gave us the opportunity to be in safe place,” said Charlotte Mayor Vi Lyles, fighting back tears.

“The most I can ask of our community is that we honor and respect them for all the work that they’ve done, for all the work that we’ll do, to make it possible for our city to be safer.”

Last edited:
Without attacking me please point to where Im wrong. Ive seen it too many times in my 56 years this playing out and people like you not believing it. So the cycle repeats and gets worse...PS My grandfather was a retired 30 year police vet in Columbia
The officers were serving a warrant. The criminal opened the door and started shooting. There are bad cops and there are instances where they get protected. The shooting today has nothing to do with that

I get it. I do.

But not the time.
When is the time? People been talking about this for decades. How many people have died because nobody wants to talk about this as a nation or community and fix the issues. Ok lets kick the can down the road and how many more will die? Will it be the time then?

Reactions: lejuancollins
Terrible. Chief Jennings has rallied against violent criminals being released from jail for quite some time.

This situation — and one of the suspects involved — indicates we’re dealing with career criminals with nothing left to lose.
Sad if true. But Ill wait the 72 hours before saying thats the cause. But Im leaning to the weak on crime tyrants in office not respecting the public treating people like their subjects not their employers. Will be interesting what comes out, look at Waco. Those people had every right to defend themselves it turned out. Remember all the lies that was told by the media and gov back then. The truth came out in court and justice was served via jury verdict...

Sad if true. But Ill wait the 72 hours before saying thats the cause. But Im leaning to the weak on crime tyrants in office not respecting the public treating people like their subjects not their employers. Will be interesting what comes out, look at Waco. Those people had every right to defend themselves it turned out. Remember all the lies that was told by the media and gov back then. The truth came out in court and justice was served via jury verdict...
Charlotte has gone soft on crime. So much violent crime and yet these folks post bail and are back on the street hours later.

I work in news here, and I am telling you … In almost every instance of violent crime, it’s a repeat offender. Convicted felons are getting their hands on weapons and committing crimes over and over and over.

I don’t disagree with you that the police fail to de-escalate some of these situations. Based on witness testimony our newsroom gathered today, I don’t feel that’s the case. US Marshals were there. They usually aren’t serving warrants at Boy Scout meetings — they got ambushed by a second shooter inside the house after the guy they were looking for opened fire outside. They neutralized the threat and got shot on by someone else.

As most on here know, I was federal agent for 27 years.

In that time, I executed and served numerous "high risk" search warrants.

Many of those as a member of a HIDTA ( High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area) Task Force, embedded as a U.S. Secret Service Agent with the DEA.

These operations were conducted in the greater South Florida area against cells of the Cali and Medellin cartels.

We knew going in that the shit could go really bad, very quickly.

To the point of having Metro Dade Advanced Life Support Ambulances on site.

There were a couple of times that I left our home in Ft. Lauderdale...and really wasn't sure if I would ever see my wife again.

Those courageous U.S. Marshals never will...

God Bless those guys. And for you anti-cop f#ck sticks...kiss my ass
There are anti-cop people and there are anti-dirty cop people. I love good honorable cops but I loathe dirty cops. There are some that will love or hate cops no matter which kind of cop they are...

Charlotte has gone soft on crime. So much violent crime and yet these folks post bail and are back on the street hours later.

I work in news here, and I am telling you … In almost every instance of violent crime, it’s a repeat offender. Convicted felons are getting their hands on weapons and committing crimes over and over and over.

I don’t disagree with you that the police fail to de-escalate some of these situations. Based on witness testimony our newsroom gathered today, I don’t feel that’s the case. US Marshals were there. They usually aren’t serving warrants at Boy Scout meetings — they got ambushed by a second shooter inside the house after the guy they were looking for opened fire outside. They neutralized the threat and got shot on by someone else.
Totally agree Charlotte has gone soft on crime, and that’s a slippery slope. This city has EVERYTHING going for it. The things that could derail it is crime / drugs.

I hope Jennings uses this to go even more public and come down hard af on politicians who give slaps on the wrists to career criminals.

When is the time? People been talking about this for decades. How many people have died because nobody wants to talk about this as a nation or community and fix the issues. Ok lets kick the can down the road and how many more will die? Will it be the time then?
What you’re talking about is a millimeter of the problem. Yes, there are bad cops, but your narrative is bullshit in light of this context. All the damn scumbag criminals in our country committing 99.9% of the crime and dumbasses like you focus on the anthill instead of the mountain of a problem.

Wow. So bad cops cause people to kill 4 marshals when serving a warrant????

thanks for sharing the insights. it will be interesting to see if the initial police reports hold up over time or if the investigation yields new information, but this particular case seems rather cut and dried. just tragic. rest in peace to those who passed, and prayers for their families.

There are anti-cop people and there are anti-dirty cop people. I love good honorable cops but I loathe dirty cops. There are some that will love or hate cops no matter which kind of cop they are...

I’ve yet to encounter anyone who supports a “dirty” or bad cop.

People support the concept of a reasonably safe and civilized society and are grateful for the vast majority of people who work for this on our behalf.

Tip of the cap for the virtue signaling.

I’ve yet to encounter anyone who supports a “dirty” or bad cop.

People support the concept of a reasonably safe and civilized society and are grateful for the vast majority of people who work for this on our behalf.

Tip of the cap for the virtue signaling.
Ive met plenty and there are some here. There are cops that dont speak up against dirty cops and tend to hate when you point out these things. They have blood on their hands when they defend a dirty cop and feel guilt...We need cops. We need cops that are good and uphold the oath's they took. Back when my grandfather was on patrol cops walked and talked with people, played ball with kids built relationships with people. Cops these days have an us vs them way of thinking and think they are a higher class than the rest of us. Back when my grandfather worked they were peace officers. They didnt look to write tickets or make arrest unless they had to. Now they look for reasons to do all the above. Cops have turned from a friend to a wolf in sheeps clothing. Thats why lawyers tell people dont answer questions without them present. There is no quota but if you lookup the public records the cops that write the most tickets and make the most arrest get paid the most. They get the most overtime and get the most in bonuses above their base salary. Police changed in the 70's when he retired. He used to talk about before he passed. He hated how things was changing back then...

Ive met plenty and there are some here. There are cops that dont speak up against dirty cops and tend to hate when you point out these things. They have blood on their hands when they defend a dirty cop and feel guilt...We need cops. We need cops that are good and uphold the oath's they took. Back when my grandfather was on patrol cops walked and talked with people, played ball with kids built relationships with people. Cops these days have an us vs them way of thinking and think they are a higher class than the rest of us. Back when my grandfather worked they were peace officers. They didnt look to write tickets or make arrest unless they had to. Now they look for reasons to do all the above. Cops have turned from a friend to a wolf in sheeps clothing. Thats why lawyers tell people dont answer questions without them present. There is no quota but if you lookup the public records the cops that write the most tickets and make the most arrest get paid the most. They get the most overtime and get the most in bonuses above their base salary. Police changed in the 70's when he retired. He used to talk about before he passed. He hated how things was changing back then...

What you’re talking about is a millimeter of the problem. Yes, there are bad cops, but your narrative is bullshit in light of this context. All the damn scumbag criminals in our country committing 99.9% of the crime and dumbasses like you focus on the anthill instead of the mountain of a problem.
Flip that, most people are good and you focus on a small % of the people doing evil shit. Its all connected and needs to be fixed. It will get way worse if not fixed...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT