ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore Bridge Collapse

I can’t even express to y’all what this is going to do to traffic around here … it’s not like it was a walk in the park before.

Even here on the Eastern Shore, it’s going to be a nightmare as traffic will now reroute to come over the Bay Bridge to go up 301N to catch I95 north of where the Key Bridge used to be.

Also this pretty much shuts down the Port of Baltimore which will have “goods” impact up and down the east coast.

I can’t even express to y’all what this is going to do to traffic around here … it’s not like it was a walk in the park before.

Even here on the Eastern Shore, it’s going to be a nightmare as traffic will now reroute to come over the Bay Bridge to go up 301N to catch I95 north of where the Key Bridge used to be.

Also this pretty much shuts down the Port of Baltimore which will have “goods” impact up and down the east coast.
Yep. Charleston harbor gonna be a shitshow this summer smdh

• Haha
Reactions: lctiger831
Clearly the bridge was racist.

This isn’t from today and he’s talking about something that is factually accurate. Overpasses in NYC were purposely built lower in majority black neighborhoods so that public transit could not carry them to certain other areas.

This is pretty common knowledge actually.

This isn’t from today and he’s talking about something that is factually accurate. Overpasses in NYC were purposely built lower in majority black neighborhoods so that public transit could not carry them to certain other areas.

This is pretty common knowledge actually.
He is still a putz.

Wow!! Not good at all. Possible EMF weapon used?

Goodness, that is awful. Maybe it’s the angle of the video but does it not appear that the ship turned purposefully toward the bridge support? I read somewhere that they dropped anchor in an attempt to slow the vessel, maybe that caused it to turn or something.

GJoH2I7WYAA4pES

So we saw a ship lose power at the just the right time to make it veer into the bridge and bring it down and you are willing to rule out EMP or other intervention that killed the power? Come on man. Im not saying it happened but Im not willing to rule it out.
Lara Logan's got your back - LOSER

So I live in Maryland, spend a fair amount of time out on the Bay and have taken several cruises out of the Port of Baltimore. I am by no means a maritime expert, but I can tell that the deep water channel through the Bay, especially up the Patapsco to access the Port is extremely narrow and has a ridiculous number of turns in it which have to be navigated perfectly.

This is why their was dedicated crews that just navigate the channel. On any given day when you cross the Bay Bridge you’ll a dozen or more cargo ships sitting south of the Bridge, waiting their turn so a crew can navigate them up the bay and into the port.

There is a turn in the channel coming down the Patapsco near the Key Bridge. What it looks like to me is that the pilot made the turn, but lost power mid turn, and could not turn out of it, and thus hit the support.

Now … could the ship had been sabotaged? Could the ship have been controlled remotely? I mean … I can’t rule it out because I don’t know, but I do know that a EMP is unlikely, because there were no other power disturbances in the area.

I also know that channel has about a ridiculous number of turns all the way down or up the Bay. It’s dangerous. 3 summers ago we had to rescue a New England dumb ass in a 55’ Sun seeker because he ignored a buoy and hit a sandbar. Covid brought a lot of shit heads who have no business owning a boat out into the water.

So I live in Maryland, spend a fair amount of time out on the Bay and have taken several cruises out of the Port of Baltimore. I am by no means a maritime expert, but I can tell that the deep water channel through the Bay, especially up the Patapsco to access the Port is extremely narrow and has a ridiculous number of turns in it which have to be navigated perfectly.

This is why their was dedicated crews that just navigate the channel. On any given day when you cross the Bay Bridge you’ll a dozen or more cargo ships sitting south of the Bridge, waiting their turn so a crew can navigate them up the bay and into the port.

There is a turn in the channel coming down the Patapsco near the Key Bridge. What it looks like to me is that the pilot made the turn, but lost power mid turn, and could not turn out of it, and thus hit the support.

Now … could the ship had been sabotaged? Could the ship have been controlled remotely? I mean … I can’t rule it out because I don’t know, but I do know that a EMP is unlikely, because there were no other power disturbances in the area.

I also know that channel has about a ridiculous number of turns all the way down or up the Bay. It’s dangerous. 3 summers ago we had to rescue a New England dumb ass in a 55’ Sun seeker because he ignored a buoy and hit a sandbar. Covid brought a lot of shit heads who have no business owning a boat out into the water.

This is typical of most ports. They generally have their own harbor pilots, who take over offshore and are responsible for all channel navigation into the port. I know that's the case in Charleston, New Orleans, etc.

We have also seen your last paragraph take place here. Tons of "new" boaters on the water in Charleston. Lot of boat club people too.

Reactions: yoshi121374
You think he could have stopped this? Don't be stupid.

Where in my post did I say PHP was responsible or could have stopped this ... Don't be Stupid.
What I was referring to he was on the job standing behind the Governor for photo-OP during one of the live news updates.

Last edited:
Dude, how many planes fly every day in the US? Spoiler alert according to the FAA, 45,000) and you are pointing to ONE plane as a trend? That's .0002%. How many trains travel every day in the US? 23,500 freight trains and about 383 passenger trains (lets call it about 24,000)? That's .0004%. How many bridges are there in the US? About 600,000. According to the Washington Post there have been 35 bridge collapses between 1960 and 2015 caused by ship strikes. I can't recall one between then and now. So not a lot.

Given the above, do you REALLY think this is some sort of sign that "Collapse of Complex Systems"? Dude... Even the Stolen Election crap you post on the daily is more believable than that.

Here... Try my new theory. MTG hacked into the Jewish Space Lasers and destroyed the navigation system on the ship. This was a part of a complex plan to kill AOC as she crossed the bridge to by some legal weed in Maryland.

Last edited:
It just feels unlikely to me that if a terrorist group or even foreign government had the ability to sabotage us with an EMP or somehow control a ship that they’d use that to take out a bridge in Baltimore.

Right wingers see a conspiracy around every corner.

It just feels unlikely to me that if a terrorist group or even foreign government had the ability to sabotage us with an EMP or somehow control a ship that they’d use that to take out a bridge in Baltimore.

Right wingers see a conspiracy around every corner.
That bridge is a critical transport point that's been taken out and will cause major issues for a long time.

Reactions: AugTig
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT