ADVERTISEMENT

*****Barrett Carter, on his decision

Larry_Williams

Senior Writer - Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
Oct 28, 2008
Basement
Deciding to come back was "probably the toughest decision I’ve ever had to make."

"Your dream is right there in front of you. You have to weigh the pros and cons. I still have some unfinished business. I feel like I left some meat on the bone this year. I also want to win a national championship. I love this team and I love these people, and I couldn’t leave yet.

Said the catalyst was going to lunch with his pastor.

"He provided me wisdom I really needed to hear. He said don’t make a decision based off fear. That’s exactly what I needed to hear. That’s when it clicked in my head."

He was hearing a lot of different feedback from the NFL.

"I know the value I can bring to an NFL team, and that's really wasn't what I was hearing from the NFL grading process."

Said he's definitely not proud of some of the plays he had this season. He wants to finish on a stronger note and become more of a student of the game. He didn't really have a lot of experience at inside backer until he moved there late in the 2022 season.

"This is the first real grown decision I've had to make in my life. I've always finished everything I've done. I came back to finish, and to be a captain. I want to be the next legend at this school, and if you earn captain status here you've reached that point."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News