ADVERTISEMENT

Bc I dont really pay much attn to any team outside of Clemson... here's a reasonable question

douggainey

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2002
Columbia, SC
www.driftjam.com
From the little I've gathered about Riley, it seems to be a slam dunk hire from literally everyone in the media and coaching business and all of the fans (of which 98.8% have no fn idea what they're even talking about, but ... here we are.)

A fair question could be asked - how much of the offensive improvement seen at SMU and TCU was due to Sonny Dykes as opposed to Riley? Is Riley just a product of his brother's famous name and Dykes offensive success? Or is Riley a major part of the improvement? ... Or is it a little bit of both? Riley is only 33 so it's not like he's got a very long track record to base data from - and that may not even matter. But it should be something taken into account when trying to convince me why I should feel some type of way.

I'm asking this question mostly for people to do some research and actually have educated opinions on the matter and not just fanboy off without knowing wtf they're even talking about.

I'm also asking this question bc I don't have the time to do the homework myself... so ... y'all get at it. I'll expect reports to be turned in Pronto so that I can immediately start fanboy screaming at other idiots online when they misspeak. TIA

Cc: @Larry_Williams @Paul Strelow @Cris_Ard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News