ADVERTISEMENT

Burch

We don't need him anyway. With what we are going to sign will be the best DL class in the nation. I just hate that he is going to USuC. I would rather he go to Georgia or anywhere else.

Same and I agree. Played all 3 sports w him in high school at DF. I spoke w Erik at a MS event he was speaking at a few months ago. He got a text during our conversation that Jim Harbaugh was at the school.

Erik is a good guy. His Dad, is not.

Remember that Erik was real close to being the QB coach before ole Bentley got the job. I think Muschamp missed the part that a lot of HS coaches in SC hated Bentley. Is Erik salty, no, but I assume this ticked him off at least a little.

I dont think Erik would steer a talent one way or another even one this talented. He also had great things to say about Burch as a person and a player.

Burch’s coach is very involved and heavily steering him towards SCar. That is directly from an assistant coach at the school. He’s not doing it openly for a reason.

As great and true as you feel about this.... i don’t think it’s good he spends that much time there
I was joking. But, I think there is a sliver of truth on the newness wearing off of a place if you have been there too much.

It's like buying a new house. You ride by a house that's been on the market awhile over and over convinced it's the one. You go in a few times, and each time you still like it but maybe begin over thinking it a little a finding the flaws. Then, a new house pops up with an amazing kitchen for a little more money, and boom. That's the one!

If he will ever give us another visit, then we are still squarely in this unless some pretty damaging stuff happened behind the scenes, which wouldn't surprise me in a recruitment like this. Muschamp cannot afford to lose Burch to Clemson.

I was joking. But, I think there is a sliver of truth on the newness wearing off of a place if you have been there too much.

It's like buying a new house. You ride by a house that's been on the market awhile over and over convinced it's the one. You go in a few times, and each time you still like it but maybe begin over thinking it a little a finding the flaws. Then, a new house pops up with an amazing kitchen for a little more money, and boom. That's the one!

If he will ever give us another visit, then we are still squarely in this unless some pretty damaging stuff happened behind the scenes, which wouldn't surprise me in a recruitment like this. Muschamp cannot afford to lose Burch to Clemson.
It's going to be interesting to see if Burch can stand up to all his S.C. friends, Coaches at S.C. and his Mom to say he wants to play at Clemson. All of these visits to S.C. is not making it easier for him unless he knows that is where he is going.

It's going to be interesting to see if Burch can stand up to all his S.C. friends, Coaches at S.C. and his Mom to say he wants to play at Clemson. All of these visits to S.C. is not making it easier for him unless he knows that is where he is going.
He needs to have a chat with CJ Spiller.

USuC has probably already promised him that he can pick any two of their cheerleaders for some after hour cheering. I guess that would be good. I haven't seen any of USuC's cheerleaders?

A UofSC mod on TOS said this morning that burch will be in Clemson for a multi day visit “in the coming weeks”.

I don't think our "punishment" is lifted until August.

Appears we can only call/text him until August.

Expect him to appear at an August camp practice.

Reactions: dktum

Is this legitimate? Seems to have legs with a lot of people.

Is that not a few weeks away, like maybe 6. Plus if he visits our campus, we can talk with him. I don’t think they can prevent him from coming to Clemson.

Who gave the punishment to Clemson. His Mother, Who?

BUMP. What’s the deal with this story that doesn’t seem to go away. Are we supposed to think there was a minor infraction and an imposed penalty of Burch not visiting for 4 months? Clemson upset his family? Clemson upset Hammond?

Chris Clark on GCC about an hour ago said that “I couldn’t speak 100% to the accuracy of that at this point. I can say I’ve heard that, but I just don’t know for sure.” (In response to a question about a supposed minor recruiting infraction that would not allow Burch to visit for a certain period of time)

@Paul Strelow are there instances where during the recruitment infractions occur and penalties are self imposed or imposed by the NCAA that forbid contact/visiting between a school and recruit?

BUMP. What’s the deal with this story that doesn’t seem to go away. Are we supposed to think there was a minor infraction and an imposed penalty of Burch not visiting for 4 months? Clemson upset his family? Clemson upset Hammond?

Chris Clark on GCC about an hour ago said that “I couldn’t speak 100% to the accuracy of that at this point. I can say I’ve heard that, but I just don’t know for sure.” (In response to a question about a supposed minor recruiting infraction that would not allow Burch to visit for a certain period of time)

@Paul Strelow are there instances where during the recruitment infractions occur and penalties are self imposed or imposed by the NCAA that forbid contact/visiting between a school and recruit?

The NCAA doesn't work that quickly, no. But schools do or can self-impose restrictions to show that they recognized a minor violation occurred and they punished themselves for it.

Same for me. Just gotta hope the damage (5-6 visits to South Carolina vs 0) isn't too much to overcome, along with the obvious program connections. We still got a chance tho with this staff IMO

There is probably nothing MORE telling than he is not even visiting Clemson. And we are now at four (4) pages of what, wishful thinking? There is just way too many positive factors in USuC's favor here. There is absolutely no way (0%) that his mom is going to let him come to Clemson on the heels of getting a raise at a USuC booster run company. She could lose her job. Yes, she could also have a legitimate case for a law suit as well if she were to be fired. But there is no way her son would risk his mother losing her job, even with the possibility of making millions ($) in a few years.

I would not be upset for him choosing his mother's welfare and losing football over playing for a national championship at Clemson. Family comes first, always, even if his mother is forcing him down that path.

...Oh, again as I mentioned before, we will be fine without. Clemson is still going to sign the best DL line in the county. Burch and Pickens may help USuC stay out of the basement and compete or the middle tier of the SEC East at best.

Last edited:
If we make it without him committing soon it will be game on. There seems to be some pressure to end it soon...we shall see
Yeah I would imagine there’s a full on press from UofSC’s side for Burch to commit before August. They probably realize once this little timeout is over Clemson will be coming guns a blazing like we were before whatever happened happened. Like during his basketball season when it seemed like someone from our staff went and saw Burch about once a week.

Much more positive outlook on this recruitment after what Paul just said.

There is probably nothing MORE telling than he is not even visiting Clemson. And we are now at four (4) pages of what, wishful thinking? There is just way too many positive factors in USuC's favor here. There is absolutely no way (0%) that his mom is going to let him come to Clemson on the heels of getting a raise at a USuC booster run company. She could lose her job. Yes, she could also have a legitimate case for a law suit as well if she were to be fired. But there is no way her son would risk his mother losing her job, even with the possibility of making millions ($) in a few years.

I would not be upset for him choosing his mother's welfare and losing football over playing for a national championship at Clemson. Family comes first, always, even if his mother is forcing him down that path.

...Oh, again as I mentioned before, we will be fine without. Clemson is still going to sign the best DL line in the county. Burch and Pickens may help USuC stay out of the basement and compete or the middle tier of the SEC East at best.

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

I can't, you wouldn't have anyone to act like an idiot with! Oh, never mind, that statement is flawed. You act like an idiot to everyone, so your stupid like could continue on without interruption. Man, you stupid people do have it made at times. I imagine that you did get picked on and bullied in school though, so that may be the cause of your issues here, and of course being stupid, which could be genetic, a terrible accident, or something you have worked hard at.

We don't need him anyway. With what we are going to sign will be the best DL class in the nation. I just hate that he is going to USuC. I would rather he go to Georgia or anywhere else.
Georgia is actually a threat to us talent wise. Let him go to UofSC and be a diamond in a pile of crap.

Reactions: toasted8CU
I can't, you wouldn't have anyone to act like an idiot with! Oh, never mind, that statement is flawed. You act like an idiot to everyone, so your stupid like could continue on without interruption. Man, you stupid people do have it made at times. I imagine that you did get picked on and bullied in school though, so that may be the cause of your issues here, and of course being stupid, which could be genetic, a terrible accident, or something you have worked hard at.
1xmkdy.jpg

Tree, unlike most of the board, I like you. But please stop acting acting like you are better than/smarter than people on this board. You’ve said some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever read and have been wrong on recruits numerous times as you will most likely be wrong here as well. There is really no need to take this shit so seriously.

Are you not paying attention dude or are you handicapped? There is a distinct reason that he hasn’t visited us in months and it has nothing to do with Burch or his desires or lack thereof.

Dude....

Yep. The NCAA visited Hammond in either March or April. I lol at the people who think Kimrey is not involved in this recruitment.

This. I can not believe anyone would speak in a positive way about Kimrey. The thread after signing day about Burch is gonna be epic, whether we land him or not. Lots of stuff going on here behind the scenes...

This. I can not believe anyone would speak in a positive way about Kimrey. The thread after signing day about Burch is gonna be epic, whether we land him or not. Lots of stuff going on here behind the scenes...
That sounds spicy lol

I like it, Is there reason(s) you can’t share them now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT