ADVERTISEMENT

C/L/P...RE: Dabo and A&M

scullman

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
Washington, DC
I saw this posted last night on the A&M site:
"When I haven't been talking to Landyn this evening, I've been talking to people in Kentucky and South Carolina. And we do have two coaches trying to get themselves into the mix with the A&M job at the last second.

For starters, A&M has talked to both Mark Stoops and Dabo Swinney. They were in the list of folks they talked to last week. Both are frustrated with their current situations at Kentucky and Clemson and are looking to move. Stoops, especially, seems highly motivated and Kentucky observers believe this is this most serious he's been about any job since he arrived in Lexington and he feels very underappreciated. He also thinks he nailed the interview.

Stoops' people are selling the idea that he's turned around a program that was dead in the water and has won 10 games twice at UK -- no mean feat. The folks up there don't believe he's the guy for A&M, but he's a viable option if they don't get who they're aiming for. I have learned, however, that Kentucky has a contingency plan already lined up if Stoops is offered the job.

As for Dabo, I'm not sure just how much of this is his people angling for something out of Clemson (almost certainly NIL, no matter what he says about it) and how much of this is legit interest. But I do get the sense that he was the guy who initiated all of this (or his people initiated it. You get the idea). In terms of overall track record, nobody comes close to Dabo. But he has too many Jimbo-ish traits for me to take him seriously."

Have you guys heard anything along the lines of what he's saying? How credible is this guy and his site? Does he have real insight? It appears that he did have a pretty good read on Stoops being that he was reported to be the hire before the fans revolted at the news. But A&M or otherwise....is Dabo genuinely frustrated with his situation at Clemson and looking to move? I would have a hard time believing anything close to that. But, this guy evidently has been "talking to people in...South Carolina" regarding this info. What's the real story here?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News