ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia Going to Remote Learning for Remainder of Year

Israel can be significantly more violent. There’s a stratospheric difference in capabilities. That said, doesn’t seem likely this was Israel seeing as how there were Israelis (former hostages) among the dead.
Same people that shot 3 of their own hostages calling out for help in Hebrew while waving a white flag?

Our 30 foot flagpole on our property

73636-C42-A65-E-43-D1-99-DC-F3-E1-D2426-E00.jpg

Nuff said.
Why do you supprt a country that murdered an American journalist, lied about it, attacked her funeral, and then bulldozed a monument to her?

Yeah. The same one. Tragedies and mistakes happen in war zones. No one ever said Israel was immune.
Immune from consequences. I'll wait for our dear Israeli friends to extradite Shireen Abu Akleh's murderer. Something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath

Worked many times with Shin Bet in the West Bank and Gaza. You?

Do you know Ami personally then? If you do, tell him he’s wrong

I know you’re a bad ass and all, but he’s slightly more qualified than you I’m sorry to say

Who the fvck goes to college to act like this?? Quit hanging out with your professors who are so fvcking worthless that they have to hang out with kids, and go be a college kid. Have some beers and some weed and quit trying to be some cliche wannabe radical and realize that every college class before you had the same dipshit f@ggits that thought they were saving the world. And the adults that go and hang out with these kids…fvcking retards.

I know you’re a bad ass and all, but he’s slightly more qualified than you I’m sorry to say
Good Lord dude, stop while you’re behind. Locking your horns with Growls is one thing .., squaring up with BillyD?

Yeah, feminism is clearly the source of our problems today. Let’s go back to the good old days when women couldn’t vote and their suffrage was a “radical” idea.

Some Americans would rather not go along with the idea that you can kill tens of thousands civilians in the name of self defense against people you’re occupying and have occupied for 50+ years now. That’s radical?
This is the kind of response I’m talking about. Either you’re pretending not to get it, or you just can’t seriously engage because you don’t like how it reflects on a certain way of thinking.

They just discovered a mass grave outside of a hospital filled with women, children, and doctors. They had zip tied hands and were shot execution style. They have discovered over 300 bodies with 400 people still missing.

The idea these student protestors are pro Hamas and anti semitic is absurd. They celebrated a Passover Seder at the protest last night and many of the protesters are Jewish
It’s incredible what some people will believe…

I’m not sure if this stuff comes from TikTok or another network captured by this bizarre brew of Palestinian/Arab propaganda and left-wing ideology, but it’s like some people live in an alternate reality.

Last edited:

Enlightening. Israel can do what it wants. The United States does not have to support Israel in this crusade.

Reactions: BlueRidgedf
“If we don’t offer a better future to the Palestinians, a political horizon that involves an end to the Israeli military occupation of their territories, with a Palestinian state, we will never defeat Hamas. In five or ten years it will have rearmed again,”

“We have to understand the Palestinians. They voted for Hamas not because they all believe in Sharia, but because Hamas showed them that the only way to achieve a state of their own is to use military force against Israel.”

I agree with his assessment. The Palestinians are not out to launch a global jihad in the name of a caliphate. They’re out to defend themselves against occupation. What’s illegitimate about that? I can grant Israel a fair amount of leeway as it concerns October 7th and its actions thereafter, and it does absolutely nothing to absolve them of their other sins

Is Israel prepared to accept a Palestinian state? Netanyahu is not. He’s said many times that he won’t allow such a thing. Under such circumstances, they have no choice but to turn to militancy

Last edited:
“If we don’t offer a better future to the Palestinians, a political horizon that involves an end to the Israeli military occupation of their territories, with a Palestinian state, we will never defeat Hamas. In five or ten years it will have rearmed again,”

“We have to understand the Palestinians. They voted for Hamas not because they all believe in Sharia, but because Hamas showed them that the only way to achieve a state of their own is to use military force against Israel.”

I agree with his assessment. The Palestinians are not out to launch a global jihad in the name of a caliphate. They’re out to defend themselves against occupation.

Is Israel prepared to do that? Netanyahu is not
The time to agree to a Palestinian state is definitely right after the government of Gaza, which is not occupied, launches a terrorist attack in Israel that kills more than 1000 people, and when they’re still holding hostages and still governing Gaza. Of course, you’re not antisemitic or pro-terrorism, you’re just pro-Hamas because they’re fighting against an occupation (that started because they tried to erase Israel from the map, which is still one of their stated goals).

As far as your other comments, do you know who Judith Butler is? Is she a feminist? Where do you think the regnant gender theory and ideology of intersectional social justice came from?

I agree with his assessment. The Palestinians are not out to launch a global jihad. They’re out to defend themselves against occupation.

Is Israel prepared to do that? Netanyahu is not
Just pointing out the slight mischaracterization of his views in your first post. There is merit to his views. They aren’t unanimously shared in the community in Israel. So, characterizing his views as anything other than a view isn’t intellectually honest.

The time to agree to a Palestianian state is defiantly right after the government of Gaza, which is not occupied, launches a terrorist attack in Israel that kills more than 1000 people, and when they’re still holding hostages and still governing Gaza. Of course, you’re not antisemitic or pro-terrorism, you’re just pro-Hamas because they’re fighting against an occupation (that started because they tried to erase Israel from the map, which is still one of their stated goals).
Israel gave back the Sinai to Egypt after Egypt launched the Yom Kippur war in 73. Was that a mistake? No, it was one of the wiser things Israel has ever done.

What’s the alternative for Israel? Maintain an indefinite occupation of another people while wondering why those people turn to militancy? Israel would gain more legitimacy and in the end more security by moving towards a Palestinian state.

Apply your justified hatred of Islamist fascists like Hamas to Jewish ones like Ben Gvir, and you’ll reach that conclusion

Israel gave back the Sinai to Egypt after Egypt launched the Yom Kippur war in 73. Was that a mistake? No, it was one of the wiser things Israel has ever done.

What’s the alternative for Israel? Maintain an indefinite occupation of another people while wondering why those people turn to militancy? Israel would gain more legitimacy and in the end more security by moving towards a Palestinian state.

Apply your justified hatred of Islamist fascists like Hamas to Jewish ones like Ben Gvir, and you’ll reach that conclusion
Sounds good but won't happen under Bibi. He has an interest in prolonging the war as long as possible. He has an interest in continued escalation with Iran. He's toast after.

Just pointing out the slight mischaracterization of his views in your first post. There is merit to his views. They aren’t unanimously shared in the community in Israel. So, characterizing his views as anything other than a view isn’t intellectually honest.
I didn’t claim they’re unanimously shared in Israel. They’re clearly not the views of the current PM.

I think his view is important in that it shows you can recognize the immediate need for Israel to fight Hamas and its grave transgressions elsewhere towards the Palestinians that have given Hamas the fuel it has

Reactions: drnuckles6

Of course, the origin of all of those wars was the existence of Israel, not an occupation beyond internationally agreed upon borders (just not apparently agreed upon by Arabs). Israel also left the Sinai after it had extracted major concessions from Egypt, including a first-time recognition of Israel by an Arab state.

The question isn’t whether Israel is willing to seek peace in a way similar to how it treated Egypt, it’s whether Hamas can evolve past seeking the destruction of Israel through terrorist means.

Reactions: loveoysters
Of course, the origin of all of those wars was the existence of Israel, not an occupation beyond internationally agreed upon borders (just not apparently agreed upon by Arabs). Israel also left the Sinai after it had extracted major concessions from Egypt, including a first-time recognition of Israel by an Arab state.

The question isn’t whether Israel is willing to seek peace in a way similar to how it treated Egypt, it’s whether Hamas can evolve past seeking the destruction of Israel through terrorist means.
When the existence of Israel meant carving out land from one group of people to give to another, resulting in several hundred thousand people getting displaced (driven from their homes) in the process, it indeed was going to cause a problem. Not that it means Israel doesn’t have the right to exist now or that the reverse would be morally justified either.

Israel won’t recognize a Palestinian state with Fatah running it either. What Israel intends is what we have now. Israel carves up the West Bank and encourages settlement there (war crime per a Geneva convention) while letting the natives administer themselves under Tel Aviv’s thumb. That has nothing to do with Hamas. That’s Israel making a conscious choice to hamstring any prospect of a Palestinian state

You don’t need to expect Hamas or PIJ change to secure peace. Show the Palestinians a way out with dignity, and those groups will whither. Or continue down the current path, and continue to expect the same worsening of the situation.

Based on published tuition prices, we estimate the current cost of a 4 year bachelor's degree and living expenses at Columbia University in the City of New York to be $344,388 - assuming graduation in normal time.

The system is broken.

Imagine paying $86K per year for remote learning with a side of indoctrination.

When the existence of Israel meant carving out land from one group of people to give to another, resulting in several hundred thousand people getting displaced (driven from their homes) in the process, it indeed was going to cause a problem. Not that it means Israel doesn’t have the right to exist now or that the reverse would be morally justified either.

Israel won’t recognize a Palestinian state with Fatah running it either. What Israel intends is what we have now. Israel carves up the West Bank and encourages settlement there (war crime per a Geneva convention) while letting the natives administer themselves under Tel Aviv’s thumb. That has nothing to do with Hamas. That’s Israel making a conscious choice to hamstring any prospect of a Palestinian state

You don’t need to expect Hamas or PIJ change to secure peace. Show the Palestinians a way out with dignity, and those groups will whither. Or continue down the current path, and continue to expect the same worsening of the situation.
A theoretician’s solution.

A theoretician’s solution.
Is what’s gotten us here any better? Clearly no for the Palestinians, and I argue no for the Israelis as well.

I don’t anticipate a miracle to happen overnight, but there’s only one way out of this quagmire.

I wouldn’t go as far to call it a scam as a college education does have value …. but its “value” is not worth the cost.

This is my biggest issue with student loan forgiveness. I absolutely could get on board with it, but nothing of what Brandon has done has addressed the “problem”. Patient is bleeding out and Brandon is patting himself on the back for cleaning up, meanwhile has done nothing to address the wound.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT