ADVERTISEMENT

*****Dabo, on team vaccinations

More people dying from vaccine in last two weeks than Covid. Makes you wonder. Real number on deaths from vaccine is about 45.000. if your young and heathy don't see a need for it. It's a personal decision for sure. Don't trust our government or media that's also for sure. JMO.
Posts like these just need to be zapped. This is quite possibly the dumbest most non-sensical thing I’ve ever read on this board and that’s saying a lot

Literally the opposite of this is true. At least come with a link to some bogus source if you’d like to make this claim. As of July 12, the latest data is showing that 157 million Americans have been vaccinated. Of those 157 million, only 5,492 vaccinated Americans have been hospitalized or died. That comes out to 0.00000035%. But please go on with this garbage.

Source

There is a difference in hospitalizations of vaccinated people who contract corona and vacinated people that contract corona. The rate of contraction for vacianated people is high. The rate of hospitalizations is not.

The number of vaccine-related deaths has increased dramatically this year. According to the CDC's own data, in 2021, in the first 3 months, more than 1,750 vaccine deaths were registered on the VAERS website in the United States.
Last week, they reported 6,985 deaths, and this week this number has increased from 2,043 to 9,048.

Currently, there are 9125 deaths from vaccination in the United States as of 2021 (CDC data)

In addition, 1,505 deaths from COVID-19 were registered in the United States last week.

This means that there were more deaths from the Covid vaccine in the US last week than from Covid itself.

@WorldawakeningTrueNews. Here is some news that probably 99% of you are unaware of. I have not had the vaccine shot nor my wife and we do not intend to get it. When you do the research, we as the world are being told a lie about what the vaccine is doing to thousands upon thousands of people. This article that I have copied n pasted is from the CDC‘s own website that the news media will never tell you. If it means that Clemson loses every game this year, and I have been a tiger fan for over 60 years n gone to every playoff game for the last 5 years, I am willing for that to happen if it will save someone else’s life from taking the vaccine shot. We are about to experience an entire generation of not having children born from girls who are getting the shot. The government is even now pushing for children to age 5 to get the vaccine. Just this past month, a report came out that JetBlue airline lost five pilots who died mysteriously because they were forced to get the vaccine or else they would lose their job. I have been called many things including a conspiracy theorist, which is fine with me. Standing up for what I believe is true is my right as an American. I know many of you have had pressure put on you, as I have even from many of my church friends, to get the shot or lose your job. That is a decision that all of us will have to make sometime this year. Do not believe what the news media is telling you. It is all a lie and it will be coming out soon. Please do the research and follow the money. Fauci and Bill Gates are making millions upon millions of dollars off of this vaccine. Time will tell. Pray for me and my family as I will certainly do for you n your family.

Were they hospitalized? Were their symptoms severe, or not so much such that the vaccine may have mitigated their symptoms?
It has been reported in England that 40% of all COVID related hospitalizations are from fully vaccinated individuals - FACT.

The number of vaccine-related deaths has increased dramatically this year. According to the CDC's own data, in 2021, in the first 3 months, more than 1,750 vaccine deaths were registered on the VAERS website in the United States.
Last week, they reported 6,985 deaths, and this week this number has increased from 2,043 to 9,048.

Currently, there are 9125 deaths from vaccination in the United States as of 2021 (CDC data)

In addition, 1,505 deaths from COVID-19 were registered in the United States last week.

This means that there were more deaths from the Covid vaccine in the US last week than from Covid itself.

@WorldawakeningTrueNews. Here is some news that probably 99% of you are unaware of. I have not had the vaccine shot nor my wife and we do not intend to get it. When you do the research, we as the world are being told a lie about what the vaccine is doing to thousands upon thousands of people. This article that I have copied n pasted is from the CDC‘s own website that the news media will never tell you. If it means that Clemson loses every game this year, and I have been a tiger fan for over 60 years n gone to every playoff game for the last 5 years, I am willing for that to happen if it will save someone else’s life from taking the vaccine shot. We are about to experience an entire generation of not having children born from girls who are getting the shot. The government is even now pushing for children to age 5 to get the vaccine. Just this past month, a report came out that JetBlue airline lost five pilots who died mysteriously because they were forced to get the vaccine or else they would lose their job. I have been called many things including a conspiracy theorist, which is fine with me. Standing up for what I believe is true is my right as an American. I know many of you have had pressure put on you, as I have even from many of my church friends, to get the shot or lose your job. That is a decision that all of us will have to make sometime this year. Do not believe what the news media is telling you. It is all a lie and it will be coming out soon. Please do the research and follow the money. Fauci and Bill Gates are making millions upon millions of dollars off of this vaccine. Time will tell. Pray for me and my family as I will certainly do for you n your family.
The fact that this got 20 likes is really amazing, and not in a good way. Another post that was almost as silly got even more likes than Swinney’s statement.

There is a difference in hospitalizations of vaccinated people who contract corona and vacinated people that contract corona. The rate of contraction for vacianated people is high. The rate of hospitalizations is not.
And that’s part of the point. The vaccine is preventing people from being hospitalized and/or dying with a high success rate.

Reactions: fcctiger12
It has been reported in England that 40% of all COVID related hospitalizations are from fully vaccinated individuals - FACT.
Wow…it doesn’t say that at all in the article. You completely twisted the words. Intentional or not, it’s sad.

This is really strong. 96% of practicing doctors are fully vaccinated. Maybe those doctors are a better source than some dude on Twitter?
I don't care either way but I have a hard time believing this. My wife is a ICU nurse and alot of our friends are in the medical field and alot have not gotten it. Don't take this as my opinion not to, but just that I can state that I k ow alot(moreso than have) that in fact have not

Reactions: yoshi121374
Where does it say 40% are fully vaccinated?
It doesn't say 40% are vaccinated. You must take the 60% hospitalized for COVID without vaccine and subtract it from 100% to get 40% fully vaccinated individuals in the hospital. Yes - 40% of Englands hospitalizations are from vaccinated individuals, facts you will not find here in the US media.

Reactions: T.A. Fulmer
I don't care either way but I have a hard time believing this. My wife is a ICU nurse and alot of our friends are in the medical field and alot have not gotten it. Don't take this as my opinion not to, but just that I can state that I k ow alot(moreso than have) that in fact have not
More of the lower level staff in the medical field have not gotten vaccinated. That will probably be over soon when vaccines are fully FDA approved and hospitals require it for their staff. Some people might find it telling that the physicians are almost all vaccinated, while the lower level staff are less likely to be vaccinated.

Hmm, interesting. I have the exact opposite experience. Know many surgeons, ER docs, nurses and others in the medical field and only 1 hasn’t been vaccinated. That’s 1 out of probably 40 or more medical professionals.

It doesn't say 40% are vaccinated. You must take the 60% hospitalized for COVID without vaccine and subtract it from 100% to get 40% fully vaccinated individuals in the hospital. Yes - 40% of Englands hospitalizations are from vaccinated individuals, facts you will not find here in the US
It doesn't say 40% are vaccinated. You must take the 60% hospitalized for COVID without vaccine and subtract it from 100% to get 40% fully vaccinated individuals in the hospital. Yes - 40% of Englands hospitalizations are from vaccinated individuals, facts you will not find here in the US media.
60% unvaccinated does not equate to 40% fully vaccinated. That is manipulating the statement and isn’t accurate. Fun fact: there are individuals that received 1 dose of the vaccine and never got around to getting the 2nd dose. Those individuals are not considered fully vaccinated. So, why not just reiterate the actual statement as opposed to trying to spin it?

The point is that not all of that 40% are fully vaccinated. Do you think that maybe the reason US media aren’t spending much time on hospitalization in the UK is because the UK is not in the US? In the US, only 3% of people hospitalized are fully vaccinated. Since you don’t seem to know about that, I wonder why you aren’t finding those facts in the US media but were easily able to find the “facts” about the UK.

I know people with the vaccine that have just contracted COVID. It's not a cure and it hasnt been around long enough to know it's true effectiveness.
who said cure? Sincerely hope you go get some real info on what it is and what it’s supposed to be. It’s not a cure it’s not a vaccine it’s specifically designed to minimize the effects of the virus. There are no ‘vaccines’ for viruses. The scientific studies say 95% efficacy, which means your body can figure it out 95% better after the shot. 95% less effects from the virus. That means your body will make less virus and spread it to less people. Also means less people will get a mutated form (variant) of the virus. The biggest problem with this whole thing is everyone is working with opposing ‘facts’.

who said cure? Sincerely hope you go get some real info on what it is and what it’s supposed to be. It’s not a cure it’s not a vaccine it’s specifically designed to minimize the effects of the virus. There are no ‘vaccines’ for viruses. The scientific studies say 95% efficacy, which means your body can figure it out 95% better after the shot. 95% less effects from the virus. That means your body will make less virus and spread it to less people. Also means less people will get a mutated form (variant) of the virus. The biggest problem with this whole thing is everyone is working with opposing ‘facts’.
I appreciate what you’re trying to do here, but you’re not correct about vaccines and viruses, or how COVID vaccines work.

Since England is way ahead of the US in the delta variant, it seems like a good place to get ahead of the game. Bottom line is that the figures we're getting from England are headed our way, thus the absurdly low rates of vaccinated individuals getting covid in the US are under reported.
I'm not making this up. It's straight from their expert. https://www.reuters.com/business/he...pitals-had-two-covid-jabs-adviser-2021-07-19/
Apparently the Delta Variant makes up 83% of new cases here already.

The vast majority of people getting it and spreading it are unvaccinated.
Is there hard data to back that up? It’s not like we are contact tracing anymore. No one knows how many vaccinated people have been infected and with that possible spreading it. Seems like lately with these Covid sports testings is revealing that more vaccinated people than expected are positive. All I am saying is that we don’t know to what extent vaccinated people are spreading this virus because for the most part they are asymptotic and go untested. It is very possible that vaccinated are also helping to spread this virus at numbers we are not aware of yet.

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down and beat you with experience. There's no point arguing with people for whom no amount of evidence will ever be sufficient. They'll just crawl back to Facebook for more disinformation. For anyone curious, here is a paper concerning the vaccination effort in Israel: https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736(21)00947-8
Here is another paper concerning the effect of mRNA vaccines on viral load:

There are numerous more along similar lines.
Maybe you should read what I said again and the articles you quoted. The first article addresses it but provides no data to back it up or to what extent and I quote
“ vaccines might reduce viral load in breakthrough infection and thereby further suppress onward transmission. “ Does the” might “ part sound conclusive to you in any way? The second paper you linked in the summary and methods clearly states they used national data from hospitalizations and confirmed positive testing data. Neither address the elephant in the room. At what rate asymptotic vaccinated people are spreading Covid. How about you link one of the numerous papers you claim is out there that actually addresses the topic on vaccinated asymptomatic spread with a decent size data set. Thanks.

The rate of vaccinated people getting COVID isn’t high, either.
And you know this how? We have no idea how many asymptomatic vaccinated people there are. They are the least likely to get tested and provide data to back up that claim. As we have seen with all these recent mandatory testing of sports athletes the numbers have been more than expected amongst those who were vaccinated.

It ain’t right now…& I know several people, a couple right now, that have been “vaccinated” & have gotten Covid anyway…there’s really no evidence the shot even works at this point….so basically, people are taking a shot that doesn’t really protect them from anything & may have long term effects but no one knows bc it was only developed in the last year…I’m good…
Because that's not how it works. You can still get covid but symptoms are mild. I'm not a fan of the Vax(I got it) for kids. Especially girls where they are finding high concentrations of spike protein in ovaries.

Can you link me to the CDC website where this information is located? Thanks.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
69.3% of the people in the UK have had one dose of the vaccine, so the population size is more than 2X the size of the unvaccinated population. Extrapolating the numbers:

UK Population = 67MM

# in UK Hospitals Today from COVID = 4567 (1827 vaccinated, 2740 unvaccinated assuming 40/60 split)

69.3% = 46.4MM w/ 1+ dose of vaccination and 20.6MM unvaccinated

Chance of Being Hospitalized TODAY in the UK from COVID w/ 1+ dose of vaccine = .004% (1827/46,400,000)

Change of Being Hospitalized TODAY in the UK from COVID and unvaccinated = .013% (27740/20,600,000)

So, if you're unvaccinated - you're 3X more likely to end up hospitalized from COVID in the UK today.

UK Hospitalizations
UK Vaccinations

"I wish I could tell you we’re all vaccinated but we’re not. Still we’re in a good spot. A lot of these kids as it gets closer to the season, they really haven’t had any fear of missing out on anything to this point and now there will be motivation to get vaccinated moving forward. Very unfortunate situation with NC State in the CWS. I got vaccinated in March and I’m very thankful I did.

"We’ve done everything we can to educate them and let them talk to doctors. I trust my doctors. They’re all saying we need to get it. We’re not quite where we need to be as a team but I think we’ll get there. Last year everybody had to mitigate, and now there’s a different option. They aren’t rescheduling games now. They didn’t reschedule that World Series."
I haven’t read through the posts so sorry if this was posted already, but for those guys that have not been vaccinated, the steps they have to go through just to come to the facility is almost unbearable and wouldn’t be worth it to me. A large majority of the players have been vaccinated, so imo, the chances of us having an NC State type incident are pretty slim.

Gentlemen, please be civil. I'd like to leave this pushpin post up on this board, but please be civil here. And no politics please.

Thanks!
Cris,
All due respect, but discussing the society benefits of a vaccinated population is not political. Persistent low vaccine rates increase the likelihood that mutations to the virus that are resistant to current vaccines can take hold. The tools are there for us as a society to increase our protection from a virus that has killed over 600,000 of our fellow Americans.

We are a wealthy and scientifically advanced society that should take full advantage of the benefits that our scientists and doctors have given us. Unfortunately, there is a very vocal undercurrent of lies, misinformation and willful ignorance about the virus and the vaccine that go against the truth and our scientific understanding.

Propagating lies and misinformation isn't political... it's ignorant. Pointing out lies and misinformation isn't political... it's necessary.

no team will ever have another covid problem if they just stop testing.
I don’t understand why we are still testing. A very large majority of the people associated with these football programs have been vaccinated. If you have symptoms, then go get tested. If you have it, then you can quarantine a few days. It needs to be treated no differently than the flu when it comes to athletics. We are still in overkill mode about this freaking illness. It’s to the point of craziness.

Is there hard data to back that up? It’s not like we are contact tracing anymore. No one knows how many vaccinated people have been infected and with that possible spreading it. Seems like lately with these Covid sports testings is revealing that more vaccinated people than expected are positive. All I am saying is that we don’t know to what extent vaccinated people are spreading this virus because for the most part they are asymptotic and go untested. It is very possible that vaccinated are also helping to spread this virus at numbers we are not aware of yet.

I have no clue why that would be an assumption you would make.

So now we aren’t believing statistics because you know a couple docs that haven’t been vaccinated?

You can’t be this stupid. I choose to believe that you aren’t.

tenor.gif

Cris,
All due respect, but discussing the society benefits of a vaccinated population is not political. Persistent low vaccine rates increase the likelihood that mutations to the virus that are resistant to current vaccines can take hold. The tools are there for us as a society to increase our protection from a virus that has killed over 600,000 of our fellow Americans.

We are a wealthy and scientifically advanced society that should take full advantage of the benefits that our scientists and doctors have given us. Unfortunately, there is a very vocal undercurrent of lies, misinformation and willful ignorance about the virus and the vaccine that go against the truth and our scientific understanding.

Propagating lies and misinformation isn't political... it's ignorant. Pointing out lies and misinformation isn't political... it's necessary.
You are absolutely correct taco. Spreading misinformation like you just did is ignorant. To try to say that the unvaccinated are solely responsible for the creation of variants is a stretch and to say otherwise is spreading misinformation without several pieces of data to back up your claim. We don’t know how much protection natural immunity gives you in prevention nor spread of the virus. We don’t know how many fully vaccinated asymptomatic carriers of the coronovirus have spread or are currently spreading Covid. What we do know is the number of vaccinated people contracting Covid is not zero. We also know that people vaccinated are far less likely to test. To say vaccinated people are not spreading Covid even if it’s to a lesser degree than the unvaccinated is just a fantasy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT