ADVERTISEMENT

Everybody loves Jesus, until...

HeavyWaterTiger

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2004
Aiken, SC
I learned recently that the most expensive Christmas tree ever in Ripley's was over 11 millions dollars and was located in a mall in Abu Dabi. I thought that was pretty ironic considering that Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. So, how is it that a muslum country would have the most expensive Christmas tree? Well, you see, everyone loves Jesus, until you tell them who he is. Jesus is the God-Man. He is the product of the virgin Mary's seed and God's seed, making him the God-Man or God and Man at the same time. I bet they would burn that tree down if they knew that.

In Genesis chapter 3:15, God is speaking to the serpent and says: I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head and you shall bruise his heel. I never could make much of that until I heard a sermon by Voddie Baucham on YouTube. It turns out that this is a very crucial piece of scripture as it related to salvation. It boils down to the sin that Adam and Eve brought into the world was passed down only by Adam's seed. The enmity between the serpent and Eve kept the sin from being passed down from the woman's seed. This is very important to understand, because when Jesus was born, he didn't inherit the sin debt because it couldn't be passed to him by Mary's seed or God's seed. That is the reason why Jesus was born sinless, lived a sinless life and was able to take the sin of the world on the cross for our salvation.

I would encourage anyone who wants to delve into this more, to search in YouTube for Voddie Baucham Sermons. He is quite a dynamic preacher and explains the Bible very well. You'll thank me later.

HWT

I learned recently that the most expensive Christmas tree ever in Ripley's was over 11 millions dollars and was located in a mall in Abu Dabi. I thought that was pretty ironic considering that Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ. So, how is it that a muslum country would have the most expensive Christmas tree? Well, you see, everyone loves Jesus, until you tell them who he is. Jesus is the God-Man. He is the product of the virgin Mary's seed and God's seed, making him the God-Man or God and Man at the same time. I bet they would burn that tree down if they knew that.

In Genesis chapter 3:15, God is speaking to the serpent and says: I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head and you shall bruise his heel. I never could make much of that until I heard a sermon by Voddie Baucham on YouTube. It turns out that this is a very crucial piece of scripture as it related to salvation. It boils down to the sin that Adam and Eve brought into the world was passed down only by Adam's seed. The enmity between the serpent and Eve kept the sin from being passed down from the woman's seed. This is very important to understand, because when Jesus was born, he didn't inherit the sin debt because it couldn't be passed to him by Mary's seed or God's seed. That is the reason why Jesus was born sinless, lived a sinless life and was able to take the sin of the world on the cross for our salvation.

I would encourage anyone who wants to delve into this more, to search in YouTube for Voddie Baucham Sermons. He is quite a dynamic preacher and explains the Bible very well. You'll thank me later.

HWT
Muslims generally hold Jesus in high regard and revere him as a profit. Though, you are correct that they do not believe him to be divine. However, Muslims do believe that Christ will return to Earth as Christians do, near the end times. If you told them that Jesus was God, which as Christians we believe, I don't think they would burn the tree. I think they would just disagree with you. However, Muslims don't hold any disdain towards Jesus of Nazareth.

Muslims generally hold Jesus in high regard and revere him as a profit. Though, you are correct that they do not believe him to be divine. However, Muslims do believe that Christ will return to Earth as Christians do, near the end times. If you told them that Jesus was God, which as Christians we believe, I don't think they would burn the tree. I think they would just disagree with you. However, Muslims don't hold any disdain towards Jesus of Nazareth.
disdain is anything other than TOTAL worship as the 2nd person of the Eternal God.

And speaking of God, I hope we can stop with these 'cheap theology' thread for a while.

As my friend @24TIGER pointed out....there's a Main Board for that.

HWT
Then you gotta define Love.
All 3 types in the Bible and another 100 or so in this society.

Just stop.
I know you mean well, but stop.

disdain is anything other than TOTAL worship as the 2nd person of the Eternal God.

And speaking of God, I hope we can stop with these 'cheap theology' thread for a while.

As my friend @24TIGER pointed out....there's a Main Board for that.
I disagree about the disdain part. That type of thinking can lead to hatred in my opinion. God comes to us when we are ready.

I disagree about the disdain part. That type of thinking can lead to hatred in my opinion. God comes to us when we are ready.
Friend, you can believe what you want.
But, this is not the place to throw out opinions, half-truths or incorrect or incomplete opinions.

I assure you, casual interest .......uh "I got nothing against Jesus".... is NOT what God requires.

I see zero relevance to anything with this theory. Everyone, including Mary has the DNA of both Adam and Eve and she passed this DNA on to Jesus, so I don’t believe this anyway. Jesus was tempted in every way as we are but lived a sinless life. The Apostle Paul likens him to the second Adam.

Friend, you can believe what you want.
But, this is not the place to throw out opinions, half-truths or incorrect or incomplete opinions.

I assure you, casual interest .......uh "I got nothing against Jesus".... is NOT what God requires.
I didn't say that is what he requires. I didn't say that is correct or what I believe. I said that is mostly likely what a Muslim would say. I don't think they would burn the tree though. I don't know why you took that to be my position. However, it is never to late to be redeemed, and to say that those that currently aren't accepting are all full of disdain or that we should have disdain for them is not a statement I can get behind. It is a Christians' obligation to try and spread the word of Christ, and I don't see how you are going to spread that message when you approach a non-believer and start out with their lack of faith currently is nothing but disdain and hatred. That is a non-starter.

Reactions: tigerworx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT