ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia's (mis)perceived greatness at OLine development

birdmanCU

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
I have heard so many times how Georgia's OLine development and draft success far surpasses Clemson's. So I had to see what they've done, since most think Georgia is using that possible misinformation to recruit against us.

2013 through 2023 (11 years) Georgia had 12 Offensive Linemen drafted

2013-2015: none

2016: 1 5-star prospect drafted 5th round, no longer in NFL

2017: none

2018: 1 4-star prospect drafted 1st round.

2019: 1 3-star prospect drafted 6th round. no longer in NFL

2020: 3 drafted (2 1st R & 4th R) 2 first rounders were 5-star prospects, but one gone with only 4 plays from scrimmage. Considered one of biggest busts ever (drugs, DUI, 140 mph) 4th rounder also didn’t make it.

2021: 2 4-star prospects drafted, a 3rd rounder and 6th rounder

2022: 2 drafted in 6th round. One was 5-star prospect, the other a 3-star

2023: A 5-star went 1st R and another went 5th round. I’m guessing 5th rounder unlikely to make the team.

To summarize, in last eleven drafts, Georgia’s had four drafted in Round 1, with only three making it. One drafted in 3rd Round. The other seven were drafted in later rounds (a 4th R, two 5th R and 4 went 6th round)

What I haven't checked, but could find instructive, is how many 5-star O-Linemen they have signed over that same period. I'm just guessing our development success rate is not much different from theirs. It seems they have signed a much larger number of 5 -star linemen. Last Friday I posted that Georgia has 9 Off Linemen in the NFL, including the 2 just drafted, Clemson has 5 including McFadden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News