ADVERTISEMENT

Got the omicron

haha, three fourths of my outer family are antivaxxers, i hear this BS all the time....natural immunity is a good thing, but it is a helluva path and risk to get there...... however, it does not prevent the spread as well as vaccinated immunity , the studies show that. ...and the antibodies may not even last as long as vaccinated immunity..... of course , the best thing is to never get covid so you wont have the long terms effects that i still have.. but technically speaking, the best immunity is natural infection followed by vaccination...as in my case..... you need to read up on the real studies, and not that joe rogan crap
Never listened to Joe Rogan and don’t know why I would. I have heard his name but I am not sure what his creditals are. Again as I said before seems like you are dodging and pivoting again. No info or data to present on omicron spread amongst natural immunity vs vaxxed vs nonvaxxed. Also I would love to see data that proves vaccination alone has proven to reduce the spread significantly more than natural immunity alone otherwise I am going to assume you are adding your own speculation again. I never said that natural immunity alone was better than that of the combination only that is just as adequate as vaccination alone and may prove to be better against variants.

I just got sick for the first time in a long time last week. Sore throat, congestion, aches were the main symptoms. I got over it in approx 5 days. I am unvaxxed, 58 and no comorbidity factors. I took a lot of vitamin c, k, d3, zinc, and quercetin.

• Haha
Reactions: ClemsonO.Co
Never listened to Joe Rogan and don’t know why I would. I have heard his name but I am not sure what his creditals are. Again as I said before seems like you are dodging and pivoting again. No info or data to present on omicron spread amongst natural immunity vs vaxxed vs nonvaxxed. Also I would love to see data that proves vaccination alone has proven to reduce the spread significantly more than natural immunity alone otherwise I am going to assume you are adding your own speculation again. I never said that natural immunity alone was better than that of the combination only that is just as adequate as vaccination alone and may prove to be better against variants.
it maybe just as adequate but for only about three to six months afterwards...i am not good at linking but have read so much on this stuff to try to educate my employees so we can have a safe work place... I even had a new PA who had recently done their graduate PA project on the covid vaccines give a presentation to our nonbelievers so they could see straight how they teach it in PA Med School without the outside noise . A 90 minute presentation. Their questions? ... "whatever happened to the flu ?" ...lol... I dont have a problem with those with natural immunity who wait six months before reconsidering the vaccine, but i do have a problem with those who want to get natural immunity, for that is a dangerous game for everyone involved....

a vax cant beat anything if people dont get vaxxed....it is the antivaxxers who are pissing into the wind...
Actually, the vax can speed up the mutation process since the mutations are more likely to survive the vax and multiply. This is why it is very difficult to create an effective vaccine for a mutating virus.

Understand that I have had Covid (at least once) AND have been double vaxed. I have nothing against the vax and believe that people in a higher risk category would be better served by getting it. But I also understand the science and limitations, so I don’t believe that it is/was possible that this vax is/was ever going to even come close to eliminating the virus. To think otherwise is to not understand the science and leads people into thinking that pissing into the wind is going to keep them from getting wet.

Again, people’s choice, but people at higher risk should probably choose to get vaxed, although it will matter less if/as the virus mutates into milder forms and fades into the background and becomes endemic.

it maybe just as adequate but for only about three to six months afterwards...i am not good at linking but have read so much on this stuff to try to educate my employees so we can have a safe work place... I even had a new PA who had recently done their graduate PA project on the covid vaccines give a presentation to our nonbelievers so they could see straight how they teach it in PA Med School without the outside noise . A 90 minute presentation. Their questions? ... "whatever happened to the flu ?" ...lol... I dont have a problem with those with natural immunity who wait six months before reconsidering the vaccine, but i do have a problem with those who want to get natural immunity, for that is a dangerous game for everyone involved....
There are plenty of studies that suggest otherwise about how long natural immunity lasts but I can see why you would lean the other way. When I get my antibodies tested on the 15th of this month as I do every month I will be one year with some protection with my antibody count being equal since day 60 after infection. Oh and I have not been infected since despite being exposed numerous times and even more so recently.

Reactions: purenonsense
the only people dying are the unvaccinated, and most of the unvaccinated are Republicans....
I wonder if the positions would swap if a president Trump was handing out the mandate instead of president Biden?

If so, then something is clearly wrong with the thinking.

I wonder if the positions would swap if a president Trump was handing out the mandate instead of president Biden?

My guess is a lot of the same people probably wouldn't like it, although there would be less of them not liking it and more from the other side not liking it. But instead of blaming Trump, people would scapegoat public health leadership within the Trump administration (which is basically what happened in 2020).

Per the CDC, 75% of deaths have had FOUR or more comorbidities. Four!

Is this a pandemic of the unvaccinated, or the undisciplined?

Should the front line workers slap the fatties clogging up the healthcare system upside the head?

For people in their 20s, 30s and even 40s, with NO comorbidities, their chances of hospitalization or death - vaxxed or not - are extremely low.

Perhaps instead of vaccine mandates, we require a reduction in BMI, or lifestyle induced diabetes or heart disease…

This isn't correct. ABC edited the video and removed the context that showed that she was discussing comorbidities among vaccinated people. Her point was that vaccination reduces the risk of death from COVID to nearly 0 for healthy people. They've since added a note with the context.

Actually, the vax can speed up the mutation process since the mutations are more likely to survive the vax and multiply. This is why it is very difficult to create an effective vaccine for a mutating virus.

Understand that I have had Covid (at least once) AND have been double vaxed. I have nothing against the vax and believe that people in a higher risk category would be better served by getting it. But I also understand the science and limitations, so I don’t believe that it is/was possible that this vax is/was ever going to even come close to eliminating the virus. To think otherwise is to not understand the science and leads people into thinking that pissing into the wind is going to keep them from getting wet.

Again, people’s choice, but people at higher risk should probably choose to get vaxed, although it will matter less if/as the virus mutates into milder forms and fades into the background and becomes endemic.

I am not sure that is true. The mutations are coming from places with very low vaccination rates, e.g. Omicron came from SA. That is why scientists are pushing countries like the US to send vaccines to developing countries, so we can have fewer of these mutations coming our way all the time.

I am not sure that is true. The mutations are coming from places with very low vaccination rates, e.g. Omicron came from SA. That is why scientists are pushing countries like the US to send vaccines to developing countries, so we can have fewer of these mutations coming our way all the time.
It isn't really true (or, at least, there's no reason to think it's currently true), it's just a theory some people are latching onto like "long term side effects."

My guess is a lot of the same people probably wouldn't like it, although there would be less of them not liking it and more from the other side not liking it. But instead of blaming Trump, people would scapegoat public health leadership within the Trump administration (which is basically what happened in 2020).
Speaking for myself and most everyone I know, it wouldn't matter who the President was nor what the political winds were, we wanted to get the vaccine as soon as we possibly could because it was the best option to keep us and those around us safe. Making this a political issue is ridiculous.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
There are plenty of studies that suggest otherwise about how long natural immunity lasts but I can see why you would lean the other way. When I get my antibodies tested on the 15th of this month as I do every month I will be one year with some protection with my antibody count being equal since day 60 after infection. Oh and I have not been infected since despite being exposed numerous times and even more so recently.
i have never had an antibody test

It would save the US more money in the long haul to vaccinate South Africa. Send them the vaccines that the unvaxxed Americans refuse to use. On the other hand, there would be cries of " Put American FIrst" from some of the Right and criticism that we were paying for someone else's vaccines. But in the end, it would be a financial savings in my humble opinion. Just thinking out loud.

For the life of me, I cannot explain why it has become a political question where Democrats get vaccinated and Republicans dont. I dont think Democrats would refuse the vaccine just because there was a mandate by Trump. Maybe some other things, but not a Covid vaccine. Interesting question, though. But for me , mandate or not, it doesnt change the medicine, only the political.

Speaking for myself and most everyone I know, it wouldn't matter who the President was nor what the political winds were, we wanted to get the vaccine as soon as we possibly could because it was the best option to keep us and those around us safe. Making this a political issue is ridiculous.
Totally agree. It’s mind boggling the way some people have politicized this.

Reactions: dpic73
For the life of me, I cannot explain why it has become a political question where Democrats get vaccinated and Republicans dont. I dont think Democrats would refuse the vaccine just because there was a mandate by Trump. Maybe some other things, but not a Covid vaccine. Interesting question, though. But for me , mandate or not, it doesnt change the medicine, only the political.
If you recall, though, Democrats were throwing shade on the vaccine because they said Trump was rushing it. But yeah, it’s really odd that Republicans adopted all the old anti-vaxx talking points that used to be used mostly by hippie liberals trying to live that #allnatural life.

Robert F. Kennedy recently revealed why Big Pharma and Dr. Fauci are going after the children and babies. Because the vaccines that are recommended for children get liability protection.

Whats funny about this one @ChicagoTiger85?

• Haha
Well well well! I am still so very glad I havent vaxxed.

"The researchers say that -- alongside our existing effective spike protein-targeting vaccines -- these internal proteins offer a new vaccine target that could provide long-lasting protection because T cell responses persist longer than antibody responses which wane within a few months of vaccination."

So you are discounting what he said or think hes joking, crazy or what? To overview he is stating they want to vax kids on a mass level to get it fda approved in order to remove further liability from vaccines from being liable for damages from the general public.

• Haha

• Haha
  • Haha
"The researchers say that -- alongside our existing effective spike protein-targeting vaccines -- these internal proteins offer a new vaccine target that could provide long-lasting protection because T cell responses persist longer than antibody responses which wane within a few months of vaccination."
I have natural immunity bro and I am happy about it.

• Haha
If you recall, though, Democrats were throwing shade on the vaccine because they said Trump was rushing it. But yeah, it’s really odd that Republicans adopted all the old anti-vaxx talking points that used to be used mostly by hippie liberals trying to live that #allnatural life.
My point was I don’t think it is wise for anyone to factor politics into health decisions, regardless of their choice. That makes no sense to me.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
It isn't really true (or, at least, there's no reason to think it's currently true), it's just a theory some people are latching onto like "long term side effects."
After I posted this, there was coincidentally an article in the WSJ yesterday that actually talked about this. Neither the author nor I were saying that no one should get vaxed. He just pointed out that modified vaccinations chasing virus mutations can lead to a genetic shift, verses a gradual drift. A shift can result in a very different and more lethal variant, where a gradual genetic drift is more easily handled by the body's resistance brought on by having had the virus or the initial vaccine.

His proposition is that with the Omicron variant being so mild, we should drop all mask, distance, etc. mandates and let the mild variant evolve slowly in ways that the population will be able to naturally deal with. Instead, creating new boosters modified to stop omicron could result in something much worse.

The science is just like with antibiotics, pesticides, etc.. Nature evolves to work around the obstacles. Many/most viruses rapidly mutate, which is why vaccines have rarely been effective. Where they have been very effective is where the viruses don't mutate rapidly, like with smallpox. This virus is clearly mutating rapidly, like most viruses do.

But this discussion is in the context of people having resistance. If you haven’t had the virus or the vaccine, you are wide open and susceptible to potentially bad outcomes.

Last edited:
Reactions: dual_tiger
Their choice to stay home.
Also given that it is clear that vaccinated people are still spreading the virus, and the vaccine's main advantage is helping keep people with no natural immunity out of the hospital, it means that the only rational course is to do what people should be doing anyway for any illness, which is stay home if you are feeling ill so you don't share your gift with many others.

Or…maybe if we had let nature take its course this pandemic ending omicron variant that was created by the anti vaxxed may have gotten here sooner thus ending this last year. Also for the vaccinated that don’t contract omicron will their immunity be able to combat any future variants as it seems to be mostly infective in preventing contraction of the latest variant.
*pro life party

So you are discounting what he said or think hes joking, crazy or what? To overview he is stating they want to vax kids on a mass level to get it fda approved in order to remove further liability from vaccines from being liable for damages from the general public.
Yes, that's the kind of ridiculous thing I'd expect RFK Jr. to say.

After I posted this, there was coincidentally an article in the WSJ yesterday that actually talked about this. Neither the author nor I were saying that no one should get vaxed. He just pointed out that modified vaccinations chasing virus mutations can lead to a genetic shift, verses a gradual drift. A shift can result in a very different and more lethal variant, where a gradual genetic drift is more easily handled by the body's resistance brought on by having had the virus or the initial vaccine.

His proposition is that with the Omicron variant being so mild, we should drop all mask, distance, etc. mandates and let the mild variant evolve slowly in ways that the population will be able to naturally deal with. Instead, creating new boosters modified to stop omicron could result in something much worse.

The science is just like with antibiotics, pesticides, etc.. Nature evolves to work around the obstacles. Many/most viruses rapidly mutate, which is why vaccines have rarely been effective. Where they have been very effective is where the viruses don't mutate rapidly, like with smallpox. This virus is clearly mutating rapidly, like most viruses do.

But this discussion is in the context of people having resistance. If you haven’t had the virus or the vaccine, you are wide open and susceptible to potentially bad outcomes.
It's something that can happen, but not something anybody has shown to be happening currently. I agree we shouldn't be so worried about omicron.

Reactions: tigerjimp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT