ADVERTISEMENT

I, personally don’t think it’s ok for an ex-president to sell classified info about our nuclear weapons

oh okay so despite all evidence being that Biden delegated this decision to NARA, after consulting the DOJ, and Wall meeting with the A-AG of the OLC, you think it was corrupt deep state actors?

it must be exhausting looking at everything as some sort of nefarious conspiracy, when occam's razor is the most likely answer.
Biden or no one else can delegate the authority to NARA to revoke a former POTUS executive privilege or dispute his declassification of records. Now they can and are trying to do it but it will be challenged successfully.

Nope. Biden basically because he wanted to and there is no mechanism to stop him due to the corrupt actors waived Trump's executive privilege rights and the DOJ then proceeded based on that and it led to the raid.
"The most complete summary was contained in a lengthy letter dated May 10 that acting National Archivist Debra Steidel Wall sent Trump’s lawyers summarizing the White House’s involvement.

“On April 11, 2022, the White House Counsel’s Office — affirming a request from the Department of Justice supported by an FBI letterhead memorandum — formally transmitted a request that NARA provide the FBI access to the 15 boxes for its review within seven days, with the possibility that the FBI might request copies of specific documents following its review of the boxes,” Wall wrote Trump defense attorney Evan Corcoran.

That letter revealed Biden empowered the National Archives and Records Administration to waive any claims to executive privilege that Trump might assert to block DOJ from gaining access to the documents.

The Counsel to the President has informed me that, in light of the particular circumstances presented here, President Biden defers to my determination, in consultation with the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel, regarding whether or not I should uphold the former President’s purported ‘protective assertion of executive privilege,'” Wall wrote. “… I have therefore decided not to honor the former President’s ‘protective’ claim of privilege.”

Biden or no one else can delegate the authority to NARA to revoke a former POTUS executive privilege or dispute his declassification of records. Now they can and are trying to do it but it will be challenged successfully.
They're using precedent dating back to the Nixon administration that states the classified materials an incumbent president tried to withhold due to executive privilege, that didn't go through proper declassification protocols or incoming administration's review, need to be vetted properly before they can be released.

maybe Trump should've followed the same protocol that EVERY PRESIDENT since Nixon followed when wanting to remove classified documents following their removal from office.

"The most complete summary was contained in a lengthy letter dated May 10 that acting National Archivist Debra Steidel Wall sent Trump’s lawyers summarizing the White House’s involvement.

“On April 11, 2022, the White House Counsel’s Office — affirming a request from the Department of Justice supported by an FBI letterhead memorandum — formally transmitted a request that NARA provide the FBI access to the 15 boxes for its review within seven days, with the possibility that the FBI might request copies of specific documents following its review of the boxes,” Wall wrote Trump defense attorney Evan Corcoran.

That letter revealed Biden empowered the National Archives and Records Administration to waive any claims to executive privilege that Trump might assert to block DOJ from gaining access to the documents.

The Counsel to the President has informed me that, in light of the particular circumstances presented here, President Biden defers to my determination, in consultation with the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel, regarding whether or not I should uphold the former President’s purported ‘protective assertion of executive privilege,'” Wall wrote. “… I have therefore decided not to honor the former President’s ‘protective’ claim of privilege.”

I agree with Solomon here. The others are just trying to cover for China Joe.

They're using precedent dating back to the Nixon administration that states the classified materials an incumbent president tried to withhold due to executive privilege, that didn't go through proper declassification protocols or incoming administration's review, need to be vetted properly before they can be released.

maybe Trump should've followed the same protocol that EVERY PRESIDENT since Nixon followed when wanting to remove classified documents following their removal from office.
Incorrect. POTUS has sole authority in this case. Trump had authority of POTUS when the declassification occurred and no paperwork needs to be filed.

Incorrect. POTUS has sole authority in this case. Trump had authority of POTUS when the declassification occurred and no paperwork needs to be filed.
i wish i had the blind confidence to speak about subjects, of which i have no knowledge about, like you do regarding EVERYTHING that you post on the RT.

truly a poster child for dunning krueger

No. John Solomon of justthenews.com broke this story. TGP is good too though as we all know.

ah yes justthenews.com, that is @jakefest (AKA Mr. Fair and Balanced) favorite news source. You gotta love a news site with a section called "All Things Trump".

ah yes justthenews.com, that is @jakefest (AKA Mr. Fair and Balanced) favorite news source. You gotta love a news site with a section called "All Things Trump".
Nah, I don't really have favorites to be honest. Have to sift through almost all of them to figure out what's accurate and what isn't. You should give that a go at some point now that CNN is falling apart.

Nah, I don't really have favorites to be honest. Have to sift through almost all of them to figure out what's accurate and what isn't. You should give that a go at some point now that CNN is falling apart.

Translated: "I do my own research."

Never change tigergrowls... oh sorry, Jake

Reactions: yoshi121374
i find it important to aggregate your media consumption, but it's easier to rely on companies like Reuters to do it for you. that way you don't really end up going down an echo chamber rabbit hole where you only read news that conforms to your current beliefs.

i find it important to aggregate your media consumption, but it's easier to rely on companies like Reuters to do it for you. that way you don't really end up going down an echo chamber rabbit hole where you only read news that conforms to your current beliefs.
I used to leverage Reuters quite a bit but they haven't been as accurate since they divested the financial business to Blackstone. Bloomberg has done a good job recently

i think the bigger question about this is whether a district court has subject matter jurisdiction to hear a collateral attack on a criminal proceeding (within the same court, at that) instead of just making filings before the magistrate hearing the criminal matter, which the answer would be “obviously not” for about 330 million Americans

i think the bigger question about this is whether a district court has subject matter jurisdiction to hear a collateral attack on a criminal proceeding (within the same court, at that) instead of just making filings before the magistrate hearing the criminal matter, which the answer would be “obviously not” for about 330 million Americans
Also curious that August cases were supposed to be assigned to a different judge, but he somehow "randomly" ended up with this one. Hmm

Also curious that August cases were supposed to be assigned to a different judge, but he somehow "randomly" ended up with this one. Hmm
i think it's just good luck. the warrant was issued, and the search conducted, in the district they filed in. pretty savvy to put one of his appointees over the district where MAL Is located

i think it's just good luck. the warrant was issued, and the search conducted, in the district they filed in. pretty savvy to put one of his appointees over the district where MAL Is located

So this judge is supposed to appoint another former judge to be the "special master" to review the documents. I think it is clear who this judge will appoint.

jeanine.gif

i wish i had the blind confidence to speak about subjects, of which i have no knowledge about, like you do regarding EVERYTHING that you post on the RT.

I watch Tucker, Hannity, and Laura along with reading TGP. That makes me an expert.

Look up the Presidential Records Act of 1978. If they handle this illegal raid properly based on the law then it gets thrown out and none of what they find can be used against Trump in any way. Now we know for a fact that there is an alternate set of rules in place for Donald Trump compared to the rest of the nation basically as they seem willing to do anything to get him and then the establishment just looks the other way.

Apparently, the conservative Trump-appointed judge told Trump's lawyers to go back and redo their filing b/c the current one was so amateur and unclear.

Trump only hires the best people.

Apparently, the conservative Trump-appointed judge told Trump's lawyers to go back and redo their filing b/c the current one was so amateur and unclear.

True issue for Trump is he is really struggling to get competent legal counsel. It was downright amateur to wait two weeks to ask for someone to oversee the evidence collected during the search. The FBI has already seen everything they needed to see.

Reactions: nytigerfan

It’s actually happened a couple of times. Hell, scotus pretty much did the same back in ‘18 or ‘19 with one of trump’s lawsuits iirc

True issue for Trump is he is really struggling to get competent legal counsel. It was downright amateur to wait two weeks to ask for someone to oversee the evidence collected during the search. The FBI has already seen everything they needed to see.
No respectable attorneys want to represent him. The three who penned the latest filing, Evan Corcoran, Jim Trusty, and Lindsey Halligan, are all complete idiots

It's really hard to represent someone who can't keep his mouth shut and is a constant liar.
It's hilarious that a pathological liar is going to represent himself, under oath, against the U.S. Govt.
What a shitshow that's going to be. I'm stocking up on popcorn! 😅

Just wait until they start blaming the vaccine on Trump.. It's coming....

The vaccine is killing people at alarming rates and nobody is talking about it. But guess who is about to take the fall...

Remember when "they told you" not to trust a vaccine from Trump?

Just wait until they start blaming the vaccine on Trump.. It's coming....

The vaccine is killing people at alarming rates and nobody is talking about it. But guess who is about to take the fall...

Remember when "they told you" not to trust a vaccine from Trump?

Who is it killing and where is this happening? Also, the anti-vax people have always been Trump's people which is so odd.

Reactions: dpic73
Who is it killing and where is this happening? Also, the anti-vax people have always been Trump's people which is so odd.
Most people arent anti vax - see general vax rate in country. Traditionally anti vax group is tree loving hippies. This wasnt a vax, it was a flu shot at best. Lot of younger healthy people saw no need. Trying to force an emergency authorized flu shot on them by threatening their employment, or ability to socialize publicly, was evil. And its slowly being admitted by your cult leaders.

Guess you missed excess deaths in young demographics up by min 40% qtrly since just after the vax began being administered. Its probably just a coincidence tho

Reactions: Tiger Guru
Most people arent anti vax - see general vax rate in country. Traditionally anti vax group is tree loving hippies. This wasnt a vax, it was a flu shot at best. Lot of younger healthy people saw no need. Trying to force an emergency authorized flu shot on them by threatening their employment, or ability to socialize publicly, was evil. And its slowly being admitted by your cult leaders.

Guess you missed excess deaths in young demographics up by min 40% qtrly since just after the vax began being administered. Its probably just a coincidence tho

If you believe that stat you aren't very smart. No point rehashing this argument.

Reactions: WapPride and dpic73
You must be purposely trying not find the info. It’s out there.

I think you confuse anti vax with anti forcing a vax…

If you believe that stat you aren't very smart. No point rehashing this argument.
Great counter. Im assuming you have information that suggest otherwise?

this shall be a interesting thread in about 3 months. I’ll remember to bump it.

before we go down that road, I want you to be on record. Do you think the vax is good and should it be mandated?

You must be purposely trying not find the info. It’s out there.

I think you confuse anti vax with anti forcing a vax…
You're the second person to make this charge in the last couple days but I haven't seen a link to a reputable source. Can you provide?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT