ADVERTISEMENT

It is not the Confederate flag.

catchandrelease

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
It is the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia and politicians such as Haley need to stop using it to further their own political futures. It seems to me that if the black leaders in America would put as much time and energy into curing the many problems black Americans face to day than worrying over a piece of cloth, then they would be able to move their people of off the democratic welfare plantation. The decision to remove this flag should be put to a vote and let the great people of South Carolina decide. Not politicians and out siders. The same could be said for gay rights. Let the people of each state decide. If blacks feel that the flag should be removed because it represents oppression to their race, then should not Native Americans and Mexicans feel that "Old Glory" should be removed from the top of the White House? And should we do it. I mean, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

It is the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia and politicians such as Haley need to stop using it to further their own political futures. It seems to me that if the black leaders in America would put as much time and energy into curing the many problems black Americans face to day than worrying over a piece of cloth, then they would be able to move their people of off the democratic welfare plantation. The decision to remove this flag should be put to a vote and let the great people of South Carolina decide. Not politicians and out siders. The same could be said for gay rights. Let the people of each state decide. If blacks feel that the flag should be removed because it represents oppression to their race, then should not Native Americans and Mexicans feel that "Old Glory" should be removed from the top of the White House? And should we do it. I mean, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
So gay rights should be voted on?

Absolutly. residents of each state should be allowed to vote on gay rights so as to keep the federal gov. from forcing people to accept something they do not believe in. Do you think the feds should pass a law that everyone should become a Christian and ban gay rights without the people of each state voting on it? What is the difference?

What would the four and five star recruits say about this? Next...

Absolutly. residents of each state should be allowed to vote on gay rights so as to keep the federal gov. from forcing people to accept something they do not believe in. Do you think the feds should pass a law that everyone should become a Christian and ban gay rights without the people of each state voting on it? What is the difference?
I'm scared to ask but are you solely talking about marriage or other rights too?

What if two sons of the confederacy want to get married? How does that work?
Once again, I thought I was having an intelligent conversation with adults. I guess I will have to wait until school starts back and the kids have gone to bed to do that.

CatchandRelease

Why do you think the flag was placed on top of the Statehouse in 1962?

What would the four and five star recruits say about this? Next...
Absolutely nothing!! Can't get more red neck, black suppressing than Ole Miss!

Running Rebs....have you seen their flags on game day. Pay the 5*'s enough and they'll still go to Ole Piss, just like they always have.

Reactions: Game Well
A lot of national folks are telling the country how they should feel about this tragedy. It's now a political football which is a shame. We should be memorializing those that were killed. However, OP is correct. The flag of the Confederacy is the Stars and Bars.
search

Like others have said, if you want to fly the flag, it's your right as a free American, however, I choose the stars and bars for and couple reasons. Mostly to not have to deal with the crowd of folks who throw a fit about the battleflag. Most of the time, they don't really even recognize it which I find to be just a tad intellectually dishonest no? Either way, live your life as you see fit as long as you aren't infringing upon anyone else's constitutional rights, I don't see why they should have a say with what you do with yours. Its not so cut and dry in todays day and times but you have to do what you can. My Dad always says I'm an idealist and maybe he's right.

Always felt like I should have lived way back then. The modern political system is such such a farce. If the founders were alive today they'd smack all of us upside the head for letting the federal govt get so large and opressive. I'm done rambling now.

Always felt like I should have lived way back then. The modern political system is such such a farce. If the founders were alive today they'd smack all of us upside the head for letting the federal govt get so large and opressive. I'm done rambling now.

So if the founders were alive they probably wouldn't have flown the flag over the Statehouse or on Statehouse grounds but they sure would have defended your right to fly it on your personal property. I agree with you...just another example of the government overstepping their bounds by forcing the flag upon the citizens of South Carolina.

I believe that reasoning as much as I believe Michael Jordan was just curious to see how good he was at baseball
Haha. Michael Jordan quit playing basketball because he got in real bad with the bookies that resulted in his father's mysterious, still unsolved, murder and short 'exile' from the NBA. But to your point, I don't know. I wish it would have been the Stars and Bars rather than the Battleflag but I didn't get a vote. Nor was I even close to birth for that matter.

Reactions: Esso Porch
Haha. Michael Jordan quit playing basketball because he got in real bad with the bookies that resulted in his father's mysterious, still unsolved, murder and short 'exile' from the NBA. But to your point, I don't know. I wish it would have been the Stars and Bars rather than the Battleflag but I didn't get a vote. Nor was I even close to birth for that matter.

Yeah I have almost no doubt about Jordan...handled well from a PR perspective by he and Stern though.

This state is almost 50% African American. I would say it's offensive to nearly 95% of them. If you want to fly it, fly the hell out of it, strap three to your pick up. However, I don't think it's right to have something up that offends such a large percentage of the population, only to hide behind "history" or "heritage." Frankly, it makes us look like a bunch of Neanderthals, and if we want to continue to attract business to the state, and continue to grow our economy this is not something we need to answer questions about.

It is the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia and politicians such as Haley need to stop using it to further their own political futures. It seems to me that if the black leaders in America would put as much time and energy into curing the many problems black Americans face today than worrying over a piece of cloth, then they would be able to move their people of off the democratic welfare plantation. The decision to remove this flag should be put to a vote and let the great people of South Carolina decide. Not politicians and outsiders. The same could be said for gay rights. Let the people of each state decide. If blacks feel that the flag should be removed because it represents oppression to their race, then should not Native Americans and Mexicans feel that "Old Glory" should be removed from the top of the White House? And should we do it. I mean, what's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
Embarrassingly dumb. You should probably sit these next few plays out.

So if the founders were alive they probably wouldn't have flown the flag over the Statehouse or on Statehouse grounds but they sure would have defended your right to fly it on your personal property. I agree with you...just another example of the government overstepping their bounds by forcing the flag upon the citizens of South Carolina.
See, where you're wrong there is it was voted originally in 1962 to display it. Because it was voted for by a state congress, who were elected by the people, the people did put the flag there. Directly or indirectly. It must be a 2/3rd majority to remove iirc.

That's an example to people today regarding today's politicians. DO NOT solely listen to them, go research everything they've voted for/against and see for yourselves if you value them as a candidate after you know their voting history.

Catch and release you nailed it. I've been thinking the same thing all day.

Yeah I have almost no doubt about Jordan...handled well from a PR perspective by he and Stern though.

Come on man.. Jordan couldn't pay his bookies? Why would they just beat him up & break something?

Agreed. Stern has just always struck me as a scheming ass too.

No doubt...look at the draft history under him. Stacking the lottery for the Knicks being example #1. So happy they never won a damn thing

Come on man.. Jordan couldn't pay his bookies? Why would they just beat him up & break something?

Yeah I don't necessarily agree that it was about not being able to pay his bookies. However I'm convinced Stern caught Jordan in some kind of gambling circle that may or may not have involved betting on basketball and threatened to ban him because he had to do something. Then the give baseball a shot thing came up and boom Jordan's reputation doesn't take a hit and Stern saves face somewhat. Then Jordan comes back, ratings shoot up and no one is the wiser. I

Most of the times when a fix is on in basketball you're shaving. And for as dominant as he was, he was even more competetive. I just think maybe there was a big game or two here or there he wasn't supposed to cover and he got wound up in whatever match up he was in with whoever just trying to embarassing him for 48 minutes and It cost some bookies some serious scratch. Youve all heard the stories about how competetive Jordan was even in practice. Just sayin he could have just gotten in the zone a time or two and covered and game or two he shouldn't have. All speculation btw haha.

Started out with the flag & now we have identified a Jewish man in power suspected of scheming & controlling the media

like-where-this-thread-is-going_jpg.jpg

Reactions: Esso Porch
I just don't buy conspiracy theories because they require too much discretion. If one guy tells his wife the whole thing falls apart. If more than two people know then it can't be controlled. No way Stern would be able to get information without other people in the NBA offices knowing about it then hide suspending Jordan. Then the cops or FEDS would be involved because this would be racketeering/gambling in various states. If he was going to cover it up then he would just not suspend him. I could believe that more than he told him he had to leave for more than a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: dickerj
How in the world did we start out with confederate battle flag of Virginia and end up with Michael Jordan playing baseball?

This thread is a true metaphor for politics and why nothing much gets done any more. Confederate Flag-Michael Jordan, makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT