ADVERTISEMENT

law for non-citizens to vote in NYC

purple2

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2002
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/21/nyc-non-citizen-voting-law-unconstitutional-00142525

i understand the court ruled it unconstitutional but the point is that they passed the law AND are still appealing the court ruling--and it is being defended by mayor adams.

i have no doubt the democrats' mission is to turn our country into a one-party state.

anyone want to defend this? i'm guess there will be a lot of silence from the left leaners because they don't want to draw attention to the plan.

i hope this is bumped a thousand times

Last edited:
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/02/21/nyc-non-citizen-voting-law-unconstitutional-00142525

i understand the court ruled it unconstitutional but the point is that they passed the law AND are still appealing the court ruling--and it is being defended by mayor adams.

the democratic mission to turn our country into a one-party state is clear.

anyone want to defend this? i'm guess there will be a lot of silence from the left leaners because they don't want to draw attention to the plan.

TRUTH ALL DAY LONG!!!

Reactions: AugTig and purple2
Hurry Up Reaction GIF by Travis

i have no doubt the democrats' mission is to turn our country into a one-party state.

I am not sure that I agree with it, but it is important to put this into the proper context.

This law is not stating that all illegals get to vote. It is saying this:

It sought to let green card holders and other people living in New York City with federal work authorization to vote in local elections for offices including mayor and City Council — applying to some 800,000 new eligible voters in a city of 8.5 million.

So it only addresses green card holders, authorized to work, and only allows them to vote in local city elections. These people work legally and pay taxes. They probably pay more taxes than you do, given that they live in NYC.

I don't know how to break this to you, but local city governance in NYC is pretty liberal and very democrat (as you dolts like to point out ad nauseum every time there is a murder in NYC). There is no need for the alleged "Great Replacement Theory" in NYC.

This is more about letting hardworking people who pay taxes have a say in their city governance. Once again, yall are taking something local and trying to attach some grand national conspiracy theory to it.

I have never understood how you guys seemingly hate NYC so much (EVEN TAKING PLEASURE IN THE HIGH COVID DEATH RATES) and yet you spend so much time overly concerned about every local issue.

I am not sure that I agree with it, but it is important to put this into the proper context.

It sought to let green card holders and other people living in New York City with federal work authorization to vote in local elections for offices including mayor and City Council — applying to some 800,000 new eligible voters in a city of 8.5 million.

So it only addresses green card holders, authorized to work, and only allows them to vote in local city elections. These people work legally and pay taxes. They probably pay more taxes than you do, given that they live in NYC.

I don't know how to break this to you, but local city governance in NYC is pretty liberal and very democrat (as you dolts like to point out ad nauseum every time there is a murder in NYC). There is no need for the alleged "Great Replacement Theory" in NYC.

This is more about letting hardworking people who pay taxes have a say in their city governance. Once again, yall are taking something local and trying to attach some grand national conspiracy theory to it.

I have never understood how you guys seemingly hate NYC so much (EVEN TAKING PLEASURE IN THE HIGH COVID DEATH RATES) and yet you spend so much time overly concerned about every local issue.
it is one of the first steps to guaranteeing only democrats can win elections

it is one of the first steps to guaranteeing only democrats can win elections

The actual first step is nominating Donald Trump. The second step was overturning RvW and then inacting stupid anti-abortion laws like Texas and Alabama.

Those two things guarantee Democratic majorities and the White House.

Reactions: flotiger
What is so concerning about green card holders voting in local elections?
because they are not a citizen.

as i said before it is just one of the first step to losing our democracy/country.

one of the first steps is not requiring IDs to vote (because that would be racist), then why not just let people with green cards vote---what would that hurt--they pay taxes, and do not stop anyone at the border (biden is doing his part---7-10 million over 3 years added to the 10-15 million already in our country) then one day it will be why don't we just give everyone a green card who wants one---we'll charge them $146 to make it seem legitimate---i mean don't we all want them to get a job and pay taxes--we all know a hard working illegal because there are so many around--why would you be so racist that they have paid taxes for 3 months why shouldn't they have all the same benefits as people who have paid for 50 years..... i've left out many steps that i cannot even fathom but it is the plan that is coming.... and everyone will be racist if they don't allow the illegals to vote.

The actual first step is nominating Donald Trump. The second step was overturning RvW and then inacting stupid anti-abortion laws like Texas and Alabama.

Those two things guarantee Democratic majorities and the White House.
how do you feel about illegals voting?

Reactions: TigerGrowls

as i said before it is just one of the first step to losing our democracy/country.

one of the first steps is not requiring IDs to vote (because that would be racist), then why not just let people with green cards vote---what would that hurt--they pay taxes, and do not stop anyone at the border (biden is doing his part---7-10 million over 3 years added to the 10-15 million already in our country) then one day it will be why don't we just give everyone a green card who wants one---we'll charge them $146 to make it seem legitimate---i mean don't we all want them to get a job and pay taxes--we all know a hard working illegal because there are so many around--why would you be so racist that they have paid taxes for 3 months why shouldn't they have all the same benefits as people who have paid for 50 years..... i've left out many steps that i cannot even fathom but it is the plan that is coming.... and everyone will be racist if they don't allow the illegals to vote.

Green card doesn't at all equal Illegal. Not sure why that's hard for you to understand.

Some of you dudes need to slow the anger and just, you know, read.

So people are paying taxes but don’t have the ability to vote for who represents them in the government those taxes pay for?

Hmmm…seems like there‘s a phrase for this that was pretty important in the American Revolution.

They are here legally, work legally, and pay taxes. This is no different than if I were to move to Greenville for 3 years. I would work, live, pay taxes, and vote in Greenville. Then when I left, I would no longer have access to vote or local benefits.

Not sure why this causes so much fear.

I wouldn't like it and it shouldn't happen. What does that question have to do with anything? That's not what's happening here.

Some of you guys need to actually read more than the headlines.

This. If these dipshits would just READ. Period. Full stop.

Our society is so ****ing stupid, and these magidiots are leading the charge.

They are here legally, work legally, and pay taxes. This is no different than if I were to move to Greenville for 3 years. I would work, live, pay taxes, and vote in Greenville. Then when I left, I would no longer have access to vote or local benefits.

Not sure why this causes so much fear.
Apples to oranges. Your analogy is not even close. Are they US citizens? If they are dreamers, then they are not.

Reactions: Allornothing

They will never agree with you, you are wasting your time. Everybody can see what is coming but they will never acknowledge it.

I suppose I'm one of the left leaners here. I don't think non citizens should vote. That's one of the rights of citizens and IMHO should be treated as such. If you've got a Green Card, work, pay your taxes, etc, then good on you... you get full protection under the law and those sort of rights. I'm also OK with allowing a law abiding, tax paying, productive member of society to BECOME a citizen even if they didn't arrive here legally. But you need to take that step and join the country you want to vote in.

How? Or is this more voter suppression rhetoric? Wish the right would stop with their authoritarian ways. Let local governments operate how they see best instead of forcing big government on them.
You're living proof that stupidity is as the day is long. Give me an example of the "right" being
authoritarian.

While you're doing it, give me examples of the left doing the same thing.

I suppose I'm one of the left leaners here. I don't think non citizens should vote. That's one of the rights of citizens and IMHO should be treated as such. If you've got a Green Card, work, pay your taxes, etc, then good on you... you get full protection under the law and those sort of rights. I'm also OK with allowing a law abiding, tax paying, productive member of society to BECOME a citizen even if they didn't arrive here legally. But you need to take that step and join the country you want to vote in.
thank you for a reasonable response. i agree with what you said but i also believe that it is the intention of some minority of people to make it easier and easier to get green cards/voting rights/citizenship/etc with the express intent to create more voters for democrats. once those laws are changed it will be impossible to change them back. i honestly do not believe the same efforts would be made if those immigrants would be voting predominantly republican. i would even say that if the immigrants were inclined to vote republican then there would be a minority of the far right that would fight to give them citizenship/voting and the democrats would call what is going on at the border a conspiracy to rig elections.

i think politicians are (un)equal opportunity lying scum bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: hopefultiger13
You're living proof that stupidity is as the day is long. Give me an example of the "right" being

While you're doing it, give me examples of the left doing the same thing.
Not sure why I’m even responding here, but…

Have you followed any of DeSantis’s policies? How about Trump saying he wants to put journalists and his political opponents in jail? Or, I don’t know, trying to overturn an election? Or even reversing roe v wade, despite the vast majority of Americans being in support. Or refusing to pass common sense gun laws despite the majority of Americans asking for it.

Hopefully you are just blindly loyal and not this stupid.

Reactions: dpic73 and flotiger

Have you followed any of DeSantis’s policies? How about Trump saying he wants to put journalists and his political opponents in jail? Or, I don’t know, trying to overturn an election? Or even reversing roe v wade, despite the vast majority of Americans being in support. Or refusing to pass common sense gun laws despite the majority of Americans asking for it.

No. Unfortunately he's that stupid.

thank you for a reasonable response. i agree with what you said but i also believe that it is the intention of some minority of people to make it easier and easier to get green cards/voting rights/citizenship/etc with the express intent to create more voters for democrats. once those laws are changed it will be impossible to change them back. i honestly do not believe the same efforts would be made if those immigrants would be voting predominantly republican. i would even say that if the immigrants were inclined to vote republican then there would be a minority of the far right that would fight to give them citizenship/voting and the democrats would call what is going on at the boarder a conspiracy to rig elections.

i think politicians are (un)equal opportunity lying scum bags.
It's hard to argue with a lot of this. A LOT of our people just came to America and started working. No paperwork... nothing. Just desperate people looking for a fresh start where they can earn their way and make a better life for their children. I'm on board with that. We are a nation of immigrants.

And you are absolutely right. If these folks were voting Republican, Dems would be up in arms and Republicans would be welcoming them at the border. No doubt in my mind. To site another example (and I'm picking a Republican example b/c it's the most OBVIOUS case of this I've ever seen... ) but Dems do the same thing.

In late 2008 Senate leader Mitch McConnell had a huge fit b/c Democrats were delaying the nomination of a Supreme Court Justice... hoping to put off the process until Obama got into office. He failed to stop the delays. In late 2015 and 2016 Senate Leader McConnell refused to hold hearings for Obama's SCOTUS nomination... saying that the Presidential election would allow the people to choose a conservative or liberal justice based on who they elected. He was successful in delaying the process until Trump was in office. In late 2020 Mitch McConnell forced through President Trump's final nomination for SCOTUS just before the end of the session. Again he was successful. You can make a reasonable argument for both sides of this... in an election year, wait for the election to nominate. OR the nomination goes through normally no matter if it's an election year or not. I'd prefer the latter, but I don't really care that much. What I DO care about is that the process needs to be the SAME... EVERY TIME. That's what law and order and doing the right thing means.

To quote you: i think politicians are (un)equal opportunity lying scum bags.

Hard to argue.

Reactions: purple2

How can you have “Trump wants to put political opponents in jail” on that list with a straight face?

You are damn right he is coming after some people if he gets re elected. Democrats must live by the rules they created. No crying.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
How can you have “Trump wants to put political opponents in jail” on that list with a straight face?

You are damn right he is coming after some people if he gets re elected. Democrats must live by the rules they created. No crying.
“Yes, we’re going to come after the people in the media who lied about American citizens, who helped Joe Biden rig presidential elections.”

“We’re going to come after you. Whether it’s criminally or civilly, we’ll figure that out. But yeah, we’re putting you all on notice, and Steve, this is why they hate us. This is why we’re tyrannical. This is why we’re dictators,” Patel said, suggesting those were terms used sometimes to describe them. “Because we’re actually going to use the Constitution to prosecute them for crimes they said we have always been guilty of but never have.”

“Yes, we’re going to come after the people in the media who lied about American citizens, who helped Joe Biden rig presidential elections.”

“We’re going to come after you. Whether it’s criminally or civilly, we’ll figure that out. But yeah, we’re putting you all on notice, and Steve, this is why they hate us. This is why we’re tyrannical. This is why we’re dictators,” Patel said, suggesting those were terms used sometimes to describe them. “Because we’re actually going to use the Constitution to prosecute them for crimes they said we have always been guilty of but never have.”

the point flew right over your head.

Biden has already arrested his political opponents. No faux outrage when the tables turn.

Posted by a man who did not care that military personnel lost their jobs because they did not get the COVID vaccines, posted by a man who has no problem with the President refusing to abide by the Supreme Court decision that he could not forgive student loans, posted by the msm who supported a president who tried to get where employees of companies could not do government contracts unless all of their employees got COVID vaccines, etc. etc

Posted by a man who did not care that military personnel lost their jobs because they did not get the COVID vaccines, posted by a man who has no problem with the President refusing to abide by the Supreme Court decision that he could not forgive student loans, posted by the msm who supported a president who tried to get where employees of companies could not do government contracts unless all of their employees got COVID vaccines, etc. etc
Pfft, I don't have an ounce of sympathy for those who didn't get vaccinated, because we all know it was an attempt to tank Biden's presidency because they were mad that Trump lost.

And what's worse - the things you listed or a pathological lying President who tried to overturn an election with multiple dirty schemes and then violence, a man who would encourage our greatest enemy to do whatever the hell they wanted with our friends, a man who will make fun of a man beaten with a hammer because of the lies he told. I could go on but nothing you can say would top the depravity of what you support.

Biden has already arrested his political opponents. No faux outrage when the tables turn.
Thanks for reminding us how depraved you magats are - it's just more incentive to get us to turn out the vote.

Biden didn’t arrest any political opponents. A career criminal is facing charges for the crimes he committed. Those charges were filed by law enforcement organizations, not Biden.

Trump has been in trouble with the law his entire life. It has nothing to do with him being a Republican, and everything to do with him being a crook.

Reactions: dpic73

What does DeSantis have to do with anything? He is the governor of Florida.

You mean to tell me Trump is going to put journalists and political opponents in jail AGAIN? Like he did the last time he was POTUS? That is appalling. Well, if he does, I guess he is just trying to return the favor for how he is being treated right now. Hell, Letitia "TITS" James ran for election saying she was going to get Trump. I guess you're saying you just wouldn't like it if the shoe was on the other foot.

You mean questioning the election that he actually won. Yeah, that's nothing like the 2016 election that Hillary and the demonrats still claim she won.

You can still have an abortion sweetheart. You just have to follow the rules of the state you are in, and last I checked Trump is not on the SCOTUS.

Your party just had two years of total control. House, Senate, White House ('21-'23). Did nothing about gun control. Why not? Not to mention most of the gun violence happens in big liberal cities that have been controlled by democrats, in a lot of cases, for decades. Why is that?

Hopefully, you just watch MSNBC and are not this stupid.

You mean to tell me Trump is going to put journalists and political opponents in jail AGAIN? Like he did the last time he was POTUS? That is appalling. Well, if he does, I guess he is just trying to return the favor for how he is being treated right now. Hell, Letitia "TITS" James ran for election saying she was going to get Trump. I guess you're saying you just wouldn't like it if the shoe was on the other foot.

You mean questioning the election that he actually won. Yeah, that's nothing like the 2016 election that Hillary and the demonrats still claim she won.

You can still have an abortion sweetheart. You just have to follow the rules of the state you are in, and last I checked Trump is not on the SCOTUS.

Your party just had two years of total control. House, Senate, White House ('21-'23). Did nothing about gun control. Why not? Not to mention most of the gun violence happens in big liberal cities that have been controlled by democrats, in a lot of cases, for decades. Why is that?

Yeah, not worth my time to engage with complete morons. Your boy is going to jail. And you are going to mute island.

Reactions: dpic73

Yeah, not worth my time to engage with complete morons. Your boy is going to jail. And you are going to mute island.
The funny part is, you think I'm the moron, when you're the one with the intellectual deficiency. You don't wish to engage because all you have are lies which can be easily refuted-as I did in response to your post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT