ADVERTISEMENT

GOP takes abortion off the table for 24 election

I had voted third party in previous elections with the hope that they would get enough votes to secure federal campaign funds for the next election. But the way politics work is that it will always morph back to two parties.

Now I just vote for the least of all evils and the Supreme Court is my #1 concern.
Supreme court, govt expansion/taxes/fiscal responsibility are my main concerns. For that reason, I will likely never vote democrat. Edit to say always likely to vote against the democrat- particularly in this case.

Supreme court, govt expansion/taxes/fiscal responsibility are my main concerns. For that reason, I will likely never vote democrat. Edit to say always likely to vote against the democrat- particularly in this case.
Fiscal responsibility means voting for a guy that sent out trump checks? There are other parties that are more aligned with your goals

Since you are right-wing, I’m curious what your grievances are with the Supreme Court.

I used to believe fiscal responsibility was the number 1 concern but now believe we need federal jobs. They employ a lot of people in rural areas and also provide a safety net during periods of rapid technology adoption that are too significant for people to adapt to quickly. A coal miner isn’t going to learn python, but they can learn to be a corrections officer or safety inspector.

Reactions: fcctiger12
There are always going to be one issue voters and this is one of those issues that gets whipped up by the dems. They have certain fear themes that they always use to whip up the minorities and women voters to pull them back on the reservation before big elections. Trump and the GOP task is to minimize the fervor and intensity of the abortion bloc as much as possible and his statement was a good first step in that direction imo.
If you have ever had a loved one who needed a D&C, you would understand the importance of this issue. Under some states laws, they will force a women to carry a dead fetus and risk her life all because some old white guys said she can’t have it removed.

And that IVF is in the crosshairs too is also cruel punishment to any family who has ever struggled to conceive.

Project 2025 is scary on its own. The dems don’t need to do any fear-stoking.

Fiscal responsibility means voting for a guy that sent out trump checks? There are other parties that are more aligned with your goals
I probably lean more libertarian. Small government in general and think the govt should stay out of most social issues.
The problem is there are only two candidates each year that have a chance to win and I am forced to vote for the one that will do the least harm.

I probably lean more libertarian. Small government in general and think the govt should stay out of most social issues.
The problem is there are only two candidates each year that have a chance to win and I am forced to vote for the one that will do the least harm.
How can you say that with a straight face? A twice-impeached, felonious, pathologically lying insurrectionist who has promised to root out the vermin and fire tens of thousands of federal employees, not because they're doing a bad job but because they don't pass a loyalty test that basically requires them to buy into his lies about the election. A man who uses the language of dictators to instill fear and dehumanize his opponents which in turn emboldens his supporters to commit violence in his name. To ignore all that because of some cloudy fiscal reasoning is disturbing and makes you hard to take seriously. He will do less harm my ass...

Since you are right-wing, I’m curious what your grievances are with the Supreme Court.

I used to believe fiscal responsibility was the number 1 concern but now believe we need federal jobs. They employ a lot of people in rural areas and also provide a safety net during periods of rapid technology adoption that are too significant for people to adapt to quickly. A coal miner isn’t going to learn python, but they can learn to be a corrections officer or safety inspector.
I will admit I do not follow all the scotus decisions. I can only comment on the larger ones, almost all of which I have agreed with lately.
One issue I do have is when I hear a justice ask or share concern about about overturning a law and the impact it may have. In my opninion, their sole purpose should be to decide on constitutionality. The impact of the decision, whether great or small should be irrelevant and has no bearing on whether or not something is constitutional.

To your point about a coal miner not adapting to learn python, that is exactly what biden has promoted with all his epa mandates. That all the people who may lose jobs can just switch jobs and get one in the renewable energy sector is ridiculous.
Also, I don't think it the responsibility of the govt to provide jobs, so that is not a concern I share.

If you have ever had a loved one who needed a D&C, you would understand the importance of this issue. Under some states laws, they will force a women to carry a dead fetus and risk her life all because some old white guys said she can’t have it removed.

And that IVF is in the crosshairs too is also cruel punishment to any family who has ever struggled to conceive.

Project 2025 is scary on its own. The dems don’t need to do any fear-stoking.
Please work with your state reps on this issue that means a lot to you.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
You’re absolutely not forced to do anything. You can vote for Mickey Mouse if you so choose. I have no idea who you are or where you live, but if you’re in SC how could your presidential vote matter? Unless you think SC might turn blue your vote (for president) is useless. So, voting for a third party might actually be a better option?

How can you say that with a straight face? A twice-impeached, felonious, pathologically lying insurrectionist who has promised to root out the vermin and fire tens of thousands of federal employees, not because they're doing a bad job but because they don't pass a loyalty test that basically requires them to buy into his lies about the election. A man who uses the language of dictators to instill fear and dehumanize his opponents which in turn emboldens his supporters to commit violence in his name. To ignore all that because of some cloudy fiscal reasoning is disturbing and makes you hard to take seriously. He will do less harm my ass...
Did you seriously just get this upset?

Level 10

Donald Trump just publicly stated its a state issue and will not pursue a national abortion ban. Sorry dems and haters, but this drives a stake in your biggest scam get out the vote scheme.

Trump Declines to Endorse a Nationwide Abortion Ban, Says It Should Be Up to States​

4 MINUTE READ
LIV Golf Invitational - Miami - Day Three

Former U.S. President Donald Trump looks on at the 18th green during day three of the LIV Golf Invitational - Miami at Trump National Doral Miami on April 07, 2024 in Doral, Florida. Megan Briggs/Getty Images
BY NIK POPLI
UPDATED: APRIL 8, 2024 12:10 PM EDT | ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: APRIL 8, 2024 10:21 AM EDT
Former President Donald Trump has opted not to endorse a nationwide abortion ban, instead asserting that the decision should be left to individual states—a stance that diverges from the desires of many religious conservatives.
“My view is now that we have abortion where everybody wanted it from a legal standpoint, the states will determine by vote or legislation or perhaps both. And whatever they decide must be the law of the land,” Trump said in a campaign video on Monday. “Many states will be different… At the end of the day, this is all about the will of the people.”
Trump’s position is likely to disappoint members of his Republican base who have been urging him to advocate for stricter abortion regulations. He campaigned on the issue in 2016 and has since become a champion of the anti-abortion movement, but has waffled on the issue as Democrats have made abortion a central fight in the 2024 presidential election. Democrats continue to hold Trump accountable for the 2022 Supreme Court ruling that overturned the constitutional right to abortion. “Donald Trump made it clear once again today that he is—more than anyone in America— the person responsible for ending Roe v. Wade,” President Joe Biden said in a campaign statement responding to Trump’s abortion comments.
In the video, Trump took credit for the Supreme Court’s decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, saying that he was “proudly the person responsible” for overturning the constitutional right to abortion and commending the three conservative justices he appointed to the Supreme Court for having the “courage to allow this long term hard fought battle to finally end.” While the presumptive Republican presidential nominee previously hinted he might support an abortion ban after a certain number of weeks of pregnancy, possibly 15 or 16, his new position is that the abortion debate belongs in the states.
Critics swiftly responded to Trump’s stance. The president of the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America argued Monday that by relinquishing a national stance on abortion, Trump was effectively conceding the debate to Democrats and jeopardizing states’ rights. “Unborn children and their mothers deserve national protections and national advocacy from the brutality of the abortion industry,” the group’s president Marjorie Dannenfelser said in a statement.
In nearly two years since the Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, several Republican-led states have moved to enact stringent restrictions on abortion, including a six-week ban in Florida that Trump has said was a “terrible mistake.” Other states have implemented regulations limiting the procedure after a certain gestational period, while some Democratic-leaning states have also passed laws or ballot measures to safeguard broader access to abortion.
Trump began his video by affirming his support for in-vitro fertilization (IVF), a process that involves fertilizing eggs outside the womb to induce a pregnancy. IVF became a flashpoint in the national debate on reproductive rights after the Alabama Supreme Court ruled in February that embryos are considered children, raising questions about the legality of the widely-used treatment and whether Alabama doctors who dispose of fertilized eggs could be held liable. “We want to make it easier for mothers and families to have babies, not harder,” Trump said, praising Alabama Republicans for passing a law to protect IVF in the state after the controversial ruling.
Abortion remains a focal point in the 2024 presidential election, with Biden championing nationwide abortion access, including through medication abortion options like mifepristone. Democrats have utilized abortion rights to mobilize their base and drive voter turnout in various candidate and referendum elections across the country. “I am determined to restore the federal protections of Roe v. Wade,” Biden said in his Monday statement. “So it won't matter where you live in America: The fundamental right to choose for women will once again be the law of the land.”
After Republicans underperformed in the 2022 midterm elections, Trump blamed the losses on the party’s abortion stance and has repeatedly highlighted Republicans’ political vulnerability of the issue. “It was the ‘abortion issue,’ poorly handled by many Republicans, especially those that firmly insisted on No Exceptions,” he posted on social media after that election.
Trump has declined to comment on whether he would sign a federal abortion ban into law if Congress passes one, though as President he backed a bill that would ban abortions after 20 weeks.

Arizona is the gift that keeps on giving.

First they do an audit on the 2020 election and find out that Biden won by more votes than originally thought.

Now, two days after Trump says we should leave abortion up to the states, they pass a draconian abortion law That was drafted in the 1900”s. now trump is backtracking and saying that they should not have done that.

And don’t forget, Kari lake claiming she never supported the law despite hours of footage of her saying she does.

Thanks AZ. I really enjoy your resort pools with lazy rivers and now you are delivering the election to Biden.

Last edited:
And there we go. 47 doing doing this thing.

trump: "I overturned Roe V Wade, I did that. Also, none of these crazy state abortion laws are my fault."

This would be like a college football coach saying: "i gave my players steroids. I did that. But none of these drug suspensions are my fault."

This one is going to be tough to swallow for MAGA

Overturning Roe was a pretty stupid move without congress in line to pass a national law that makes sense. Now saying States can decide. lol ok you guys' platform sure is great. Actively making the world worse for half the US population with activist judges who lied to congress to get approved. Great work.

Arizona is the gift that keeps on giving.

First they do an audit on the 2020 election and find out that Biden won by more votes than originally thought.

Now, two days after Trump says we should leave abortion up to the states, they pass a draconian abortion law That was drafted in the 1900”s. now trump is backtracking and saying that they should not have done that.

And don’t forget, Kari lake claiming she never supported the law despite hours of footage of her saying she does.

Thanks AZ. I really enjoy your resort pools with lazy rivers and now you are delivering the election to Biden.
Not correct. They reverted to an old state law already on the books that had been overrode by roe v Wade. I think they will push a new law in short order.

And it's supported by Republicans in that state who said the Supreme Court did the right thing. Your party owns this disaster - admit it.
Its called interpretation of law and its that simple. I think the state legislature should fix it. Under no possible scenario could keeping the treasonous disaster that is known as china joe in the WH make this better. Its an AZ issue. It has nothing to do with your life in GA.

Its called interpretation of law and its that simple. I think the state legislature should fix it. Under no possible scenario could keeping the treasonous disaster that is known as china joe in the WH make this better. Its an AZ issue. It has nothing to do with your life in GA.
The women of every state in this nation would disagree, after all, it was the treasonous disaster known as Saudi Don who created the circumstances for these draconian laws to take place. He owns it, he did it, he's the reason and women will remember it when they pull the lever in November .

The women of every state in this nation would disagree, after all, it was the treasonous disaster known as Saudi Don who created the circumstances for these draconian laws to take place. He owns it, he did it, he's the reason and women will remember it when they pull the lever in November .

Quit trying to speak for women unless you are making an announcement to us. If so should you do it in the trans wacky thread? Please attach a pic if this is the case.

Quit trying to speak for women unless you are making an announcement to us. If so should you do it in the trans wacky thread? Please attach a pic if this is the case.
I'm right off I-85 as you're heading into Atlanta and I would LOVE to meet you in person to let you decide if I'm a woman. Will you take me up on it?

I'm right off I-85 as you're heading into Atlanta and I would LOVE to meet you in person to let you decide if I'm a woman. Will you take me up on it?
No. Nothing good would come of us meeting face to face.

What's Trump's stance on cousin ****ing/marrying? Seems like the GOP is pro-incest, so I'm just curious where the leader of the party stands.

What's Trump's stance on cousin ****ing/marrying? Seems like the GOP is pro-incest, so I'm just curious where the leader of the party stands.

Here you go, trumps official position.

“We are looking into that, marrying your cousin. We are going to look at it. Some people thinks it’s bad, but you know it could be different if your cousin is hot. A lot of people are saying that. A lot of people are talking about. On both sides. You know I delivered the biggest tax cuts in the history of the universe. They said it couldn’t be done.”

Insane that a Presidential candidate can continually tell the most abhorrent lies and still be taken seriously and doesn't even lose any supporters.

Insane that a Presidential candidate can continually tell the most abhorrent lies and still be taken seriously and doesn't even lose any supporters.

He knows just like @TigerGrowls that this issue is going to doom him in this election.

Democrats are going to pound this issue and the states such as Alabama and Arizona have literally done what most couldn't imagine would be done. Trump can't walk away from that.

Reactions: dpic73
Yes I am. This is not new legislation.
Actually, the law Lake signed in 2022 made sure to include the language that would enforce the trigger law now going into effect. They knew exactly what would happen when Roe was overturned. They planned for it very carefully. Now their plan is playing out, its horrible, like we all warned people about, and the GOP are in damage control mode. DENY DENY DENY

Actually, the law Lake signed in 2022 made sure to include the language that would enforce the trigger law now going into effect. They knew exactly what would happen when Roe was overturned. They planned for it very carefully. Now their plan is playing out, its horrible, like we all warned people about, and the GOP are in damage control mode. DENY DENY DENY
How could Kari Lake sign a law when she was not working in public office at that time?

How could Kari Lake sign a law when she was not working in public office at that time?
My bad, she just endorsed it

Herp de derp
Kari Lake, the leading Republican candidate for Senate in Arizona, was quick to denounce the state Supreme Court’s ruling upholding an 1864 law banning nearly all abortions in the state. The law is “out of step with Arizonans,” she said in a statement. She called on state lawmakers to “come up” with a “solution that Arizonans can support.”

But Ms. Lake, an ally of former President Donald J. Trump and a 2020 election denier, had voiced enthusiastic support for the law less than two years ago, when she was in the midst of a scorched-earth campaign for the Republican nomination for governor. Asked then what she thought of the ban, she said she was thrilled it existed and called it a “great law.”

Asked for comment, the Lake campaign pointed to a post from Caroline Wren, a senior adviser to Ms. Lake, who insisted on Tuesday that Ms. Lake was not referring to the territorial-era law in the interview. But in that 2022 appearance, Ms. Lake cited the 1864 law’s number in the Arizona state code.

My bad, she just endorsed it

Herp de derp
Kari Lake, the leading Republican candidate for Senate in Arizona, was quick to denounce the state Supreme Court’s ruling upholding an 1864 law banning nearly all abortions in the state. The law is “out of step with Arizonans,” she said in a statement. She called on state lawmakers to “come up” with a “solution that Arizonans can support.”

But Ms. Lake, an ally of former President Donald J. Trump and a 2020 election denier, had voiced enthusiastic support for the law less than two years ago, when she was in the midst of a scorched-earth campaign for the Republican nomination for governor. Asked then what she thought of the ban, she said she was thrilled it existed and called it a “great law.”

Asked for comment, the Lake campaign pointed to a post from Caroline Wren, a senior adviser to Ms. Lake, who insisted on Tuesday that Ms. Lake was not referring to the territorial-era law in the interview. But in that 2022 appearance, Ms. Lake cited the 1864 law’s number in the Arizona state code.

So Kari Lake is still a liar? Call me shocked!

Reactions: dpic73

JUST IN: Donald Trump snaps back at angry reporter, shreds democrats for their stance on late-term abortions, calls them "extreme" and "radical."

Reporter: "You have boldly considered yourself both pro-choice and pro-life. Which one is it?"

Trump: "When I was a Democrat, just like Ronald Reagan... which sort of followed a very similar path."

"The Democrats are the radicals on this because they're willing to have abortions in the seventh, eighth, ninth month."

"We're talking about execution of a baby... And you can say what you want, but that's extreme and that's radical."

Video: @townhallcom

• Haha
Reactions: yoshi121374

JUST IN: Donald Trump snaps back at angry reporter, shreds democrats for their stance on late-term abortions, calls them "extreme" and "radical."

Reporter: "You have boldly considered yourself both pro-choice and pro-life. Which one is it?"

Trump: "When I was a Democrat, just like Ronald Reagan... which sort of followed a very similar path."

"The Democrats are the radicals on this because they're willing to have abortions in the seventh, eighth, ninth month."

"We're talking about execution of a baby... And you can say what you want, but that's extreme and that's radical."

Video: @townhallcom
7th, 8th and 9th month? Let me ask anyone here if they actually BELIEVE that? If you believe that, WHY do you believe that? Because I call massive bullshit.

Heres the issue, democrats will allow late term abortions for medical emergencies. Republicans will nit pick that and say: they want late term abortions. Believe them at your wife and daughters' peril, because if they Pubs outlaw 'late term abortions' you will have more women miscarrying and delivering a dead baby and having injuries which reduce their fertility.

7th, 8th and 9th month? Let me ask anyone here if they actually BELIEVE that? If you believe that, WHY do you believe that? Because I call massive bullshit.

Heres the issue, democrats will allow late term abortions for medical emergencies. Republicans will nit pick that and say: they want late term abortions. Believe them at your wife and daughters' peril, because if they Pubs outlaw 'late term abortions' you will have more women miscarrying and delivering a dead baby and having injuries which reduce their fertility.
Some of these states have that option available. Both sides are using the extreme views on each end of the spectrum as talking points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT