ADVERTISEMENT

Mass shooting at Kansas City Chiefs SB parade…

MaxCalifornia

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Apr 25, 2016
Encino Oaks Country Club, CA
So sad. Have the shooters been identified?

WE SHOULD MAKE EVEN MORE GUNS
Or you can go the Latin American route and have some of the strictest gun control laws on earth but guess what, it ain't working either and is even worse.

Or maybe go the El Salvador route like the new president and start arresting bad people who do bad things and not go soft on crime, watch this to be a new trend down here as a lot of leaders are taking notice of what this guy is doing, that is if he lives another term.

I don't have an answer but it doesn't seem like any policy has been a great success in recent years.

https://austriancenter.com/gun-control-laws-failed-latin-america/

Nothing is going to change no matter who the POTUS is. This was pretty obviously a gang related matter and is a home/culture/mental health issue.

Guns will always be there for criminals, even if you outlawed them completely. Where there's a will, there's a way.

There is an epidemic/ disease that is totally out of control in this country.

Until people decide to take personal responsibility and correct the obvious issues, nothing will change.

It’s the GREAT AMERICAN tragedy that no one wants to address.

Our cities are war zones. We are safer in downtown Baghdad than most of our big cities. Fact.

It saddens me greatly. And we, as Americans...act like it’s normal.

It’s not.

Present a solution or just don’t even speak up
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say we won’t agree with my solution. And when I say I’m going out on a limb I’m being sarcastic. Again. Elementary school children were murdered at school and we threw our hands up in the air like “welp wha do you do here?” It’s so ****ing dumb.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say we won’t agree with my solution. And when I say I’m going out on a limb I’m being sarcastic. Again. Elementary school children were murdered at school and we threw our hands up in the air like “welp wha do you do here?” It’s so ****ing dumb.
What do you do? Serious question. War on guns like the war on drugs?

Something will be done when the wrong person is killed or we, as a nation, have our Port Arthur moment. Not sure how a start to doing something can be considered empty minded. But, ok.
Who would that wrong person be?
Women or children? Been done a lot
POTUS? a couple of times and attempts as well
POTUS candidate? Been done
Important men who ever those may be? Been done many many times.

I'm trying to think of who that one person would be that could change hundreds of years of murders.

the Pope? been tried already

Proper parenting fixes most of it. In black families, the father is absent in too high of a percentage and black males have no discipline or more importantly, no self-worth. The white freaks that shoot up things are from families where dad throws cash at their kids to get them out of his hair because he would rather not spend his time with his child. Its a simple cause and a simple cure but men have to stand up to their responsibilities unlike what they are currently doing.

What are you even talking about?

What do you do? Serious question. War on guns like the war on drugs?
It very well may be. I don’t know. It rarely if ever happens elsewhere. I read it’s the 47th mass shooting in the US this year and we’ve only had 45 days so far.

It’s either a “people problem” or a “gun problem”

If it’s a people problem then what do we do? We already have laws. We already incarcerate more people than anywhere else in the world. You can’t force people to see a therapist if we want to say it’s a mental health problem, which some instances do seem to be. Some say not enough people believe in God and religion but plenty of other places with less belief don’t have this problem.

Now as for the gun problem the US has a unique problem that most other countries don’t which is size and significant power in states rights. It becomes more difficult to just ban guns than other places (though Australia has done it successfully). A lot of countries have successfully done it, but I can see it being very difficult here.

There should be more stringent policies. Gun people don’t like it and it infringes on their rights and I understand that but I also don’t care. I’d rather a child get home from school tomorrow than care about that persons feelings. But there should be tougher policies, to own one, to keep them, the types citizens can own, how many can be owned, etc. I say this knowing that in several mass shootings that guns have been owned lawfully, that’s the more stringent policy on keeping them, and I’d say if you have them in your home then it’s not just the gun owner that is scrutinized. There is a middle ground somewhere that I do believe can be successful, but a big part of this country’s problem over the last decade and a half is that there is no middle anymore, or at least it’s shrunk. So nobody will give a little to get some. It’s nonexistent. The middle is a wasteland.

A good guy in a lot of these situations has rarely won over a bad guy with one(Today and Uvalde) A good guy with a gun hasn’t ever stopped one from happening though I will admit they have finished some (most recent the outlet mall shooting and the elementary church school in Nashville). But they still happened. Lives were still lost. We should not be ok with people going out in public or to school or work and dying. Percentages don’t matter here, this shouldn’t happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT