ADVERTISEMENT

Newspring service today

Ok... On the flip side our church preaches to let the basket pass until you've made the decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. I'll stick with our tactic.
I'll be completely honest with you. There is rarely a time I see money or checks in bucket at NS. I give online. As most do. Don't get the impression that he's asking non-believers to tithe. That's not accurate.

See if jimmies are rustling on a happy Mother's Day. Newspring gave a home and van to a single mother in Spartanburg and they showed the story. The mother had the child at 16 and the child has a severe case of cerebral palsy. The mother works full time at Converse in their cafeteria, takes her child to speech and physical therapy and does this all alone. Proud to belong to Newspring.
Don't they do this every year?

Question is, where did they spend the other $60mil they brought in from the masses of underprivileged people they con into tithing. A house and a van? As "Noble" as that gesture is, Newspring is a joke compared to what other churches do with 1/10th of that money. First Pres in SPG does that kind of stuff all the time.
Got any tangible proof of your assumption? And I can assure the people at my campus are far from underprivileged, that's just ridiculous. Would you consider Dabo underprivileged?

Reactions: ButlerTigers
Got any tangible proof of your assumption? And I can assure the people at my campus are far from underprivileged, that's just ridiculous. Would you consider Dabo underprivileged?
Do you have knowledge of where all the money is going? I've yet to see NS's financials yet I can easily get my churches. Now why is that?

Reactions: my95GTHO
Do you have knowledge of where all the money is going? I've yet to see NS's financials yet I can easily get my churches. Now why is that?

You can get Financials. Go sit down at the main office and ask.

Newspring does a ton of with the money that is given to the Church, most goes unseen and the peeps complaining about the House give away today haven't a clue about the Church and it's mission.

I've been a member since '06, went thru some tough times in '10 financially, they were the first to help out unsolicited until I got back on my feet(I declined though) no questions asked.

Will never understand why people attack fellow Christians, but have at it if it makes you feel better.

A lot more money is wasted at Newspring than is given away to help the needy.

But they are not unique in that regard. Just about every church, mine included, tends to waste money and then pat themselves on the back when they help someone who is truly in need.

The truth is we all fall way short when it comes to abiding by Jesus's commands. If we were serious about it we wouldn't worry about buildings and accumulating possessions. We would give it all away and trust that He would provide.

Newspring is an easy target because their budget is so large but I can't help but to think about that plank in my own eye.

God will sort it all out in the end and knows the heart and motives of all.

2 comments

#1 - Thought this was a Clemson Football (mainly) site
#2 - I tire of hearing/reading about NewSpring or whatever it is.

Why is it the only 'church' ever on here, and why is it so controversial?
Seems to be an awful lot of smoke.

I suspect there are many, many church goers on here, but they never seem to see the next to talk about/pump up their church.

Wonder why that is?

1354502332_1487_001.JPG

Still don't want to go hang around with them.

@SWUtigers Oh and we have 18 campuses with over 32,000 people that are in church in person every Sunday. Not to mention the thousands that watch online. Hate away my friend. I know someone who knows you on this board and they say you're a semi reasonable guy. But I have my doubts. Remember Google. That will save you a lot of time. Can I google your churches financials?

@SWUtigers Oh and we have 18 campuses with over 32,000 people that are in church in person every Sunday. Not to mention the thousands that watch online. Hate away my friend. I know someone who knows you on this board and they say you're a semi reasonable guy. But I have my doubts. Remember Google. That will save you a lot of time. Can I google your churches financials?
I don't give a damn who knows me here. I've asked a simple question multiple times here re: NS and I've yet to get a coherant response. If you have a link to NS's financials feel free to share them. I'll be waiting...

See if jimmies are rustling on a happy Mother's Day. Newspring gave a home and van to a single mother in Spartanburg and they showed the story. The mother had the child at 16 and the child has a severe case of cerebral palsy. The mother works full time at Converse in their cafeteria, takes her child to speech and physical therapy and does this all alone. Proud to belong to Newspring.
I'll give you the biggest piece of advice I can. If you want people to quit getting rustled over newspring then just share the good news. Instead you open with " see if jimmies are rusting on Mothers Day". I think newspring owner/members ( I'll add that we are technically MEMBERS of the body of Christ and not owners of it) have fallen into a culture that prides itself on inciting verbal conflict because it creates controversy which makes them feel like Jesus who was controversial. I would look to somewhat like David Platt who is controversial as Jesus was. Newspring does great things but if less money was spent on smoke, lasers, sets and free books, while also going out of their way to create controversy then they would accomplish more. They have helped create such a divide among the church big C. I only wish Perry would submit to some form of accountability from outside the church ( I don't mean the SBC or another convention) such as other pastors (I also don't mean furtick who I think is a heretic- watch the elephant room). I believe Perry is human but he makes an awful lot of theological mistakes yet it his arrogance which is what bothers me. So many Newsprin people follow his lead like the OP and brandish this good news like it offends people. The only controversy is that you create a self- fulfilling prophecy when you egg people on. This thread would be a quarter as long without the jimmy rustling OPENING comment.

And I'll add that I have a large amount of family members that attend NS and are good people. I've also asked about where their money goes and they've been unable to give me an answer.

And I'll add that I have a large amount of family members that attend NS and are good people. I've also asked about where their money goes and they've been unable to give me an answer.

Sorry man didnt mean to quote you.

Reactions: SWUtigers
@SWUtigers actually I do. https://my.newspring.cc/celebrate. Now send me your churches financials. I thought you were somewhat aware of Google but hey sometimes we swing and miss.
I have 3 Questions. I will start by saying that when i did go to church we had monthly meetings in which all members would be present. In these meetings financial decisions were discussed, including the pastors salary. We always new the exact amount the pastor received each month.

1. Can you tell me right now what Perry Noble makes each month?

2. Where does this money go?
https://newspring.cc/store

3. Am i reading this wrong?
Matthew 21:12-13
12. Jesus entered the temple area. He began chasing out all those who were buying and selling there. He turned over the tables of the people who were exchanging money. He also turned over the benches of those who were selling doves. 13. He said unto them, "It is written that the Lord said, 'My house will be called a house where people can pray.' (Isaiah 56:7) But you are making it a ‘den for robbers.’ ” (Jeremiah 7:11)

Reactions: scartiger
Sorry man didnt mean to quote you.
Since moving to the upstate almost 2 years ago my wife and I have not chosen a church but while I lived in Columbia we were active memebers of Eastminster Pres. You can find their financials on their website easily.

I don't give a damn who knows me here. I've asked a simple question multiple times here re: NS and I've yet to get a coherant response. If you have a link to NS's financials feel free to share them. I'll be waiting...
I did. I provided a link. Do you know to click on said link?

Look at the link. Geez do you not know how to click a link. The financials are in the link. Smh. @SWUtigers

He is saying you are blind and that link doesn't show anything. Except what they want you to see.
You have got to be kidding me. Look at how many How many people came to Christ. Forget the money. Show me a church that has impacted this state more than NS.

You have got to be kidding me. Look at how many How many people came to Christ. Forget the money. Show me a church that has impacted this state more than NS.
Then answer the questions i asked you:

I have 3 Questions. I will start by saying that when i did go to church we had monthly meetings in which all members would be present. In these meetings financial decisions were discussed, including the pastors salary. We always knew the exact amount the pastor received each month.

12. Jesus entered the temple area. He began chasing out all those who were buying and selling there. He turned over the tables of the people who were exchanging money. He also turned over the benches of those who were selling doves. 13. He said unto them, "It is written that the Lord said, 'My house will be called a house where people can pray.' (Isaiah 56:7) But you are making it a ‘den for robbers.’ ” (Jeremiah 7:11)

You can post all the propaganda you like, but when every NSer i have talked to is no different than the ppl i drink with at a bar i have to wonder what does it matter. When your pastor cusses and calls ppl stupid from the pulpit i wonder what kind of man of God is this. Churches like this is why i have all but lost faith in God.

Last edited:
Salvations don't count on a balance sheet. Are you trolling?

Salvations don't count on a balance sheet. Are you trolling?
Not only that, how many of those salvation's are for the right reason and not just a look at me. How many of those "saved souls" will go the next day and do the same thing they did the day before they got saved. I could be wrong but i remember reading passages in the Bible that said that the saved would stand out from the rest of the world. Not passages that said they would act just like the people in the bar down the street.

Then answer the questions i asked you:

I have 3 Questions. I will start by saying that when i did go to church we had monthly meetings in which all members would be present. In these meetings financial decisions were discussed, including the pastors salary. We always knew the exact amount the pastor received each month.

You can post all the propaganda you like, but when every NSer i have talked to is no different than the ppl i drink with at a bar i have to wonder what does it matter. When your pastor cusses and calls ppl stupid from the pulpit i wonder what kind of man of God is this. Churches like this is why i have all but lost faith in God.
I'd just like to say don't lose faith in God cause of man or churches. They both will fail you cause neither is perfect.
Matthew 24:24 - For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect

I think this is a great thought provoking thread....One thing i do know is, growing up i attended a small church. I was asked to give a mega church a try when i went into the Navy. I gave it a shot and love it. I don't know anything about NS.

But the churches i have attended abroad do so much for the community and around the world. Mission trips, having their own schools, feeding the homeless, giving less fortunate kids gifts at Christmas, free houses, clothes, and all of that.

I also like that i get a interpretation of the bible that isn't based on a denomination. Everybody had their own cup of tea. I loved my small church growing up. But i also can understand why people like some mega churches. We could go on and in but everybody had their preference. Doesn't mean that people who worship different than you are wrong.

I'll give you the biggest piece of advice I can. If you want people to quit getting rustled over newspring then just share the good news. Instead you open with " see if jimmies are rusting on Mothers Day". I think newspring owner/members ( I'll add that we are technically MEMBERS of the body of Christ and not owners of it) have fallen into a culture that prides itself on inciting verbal conflict because it creates controversy which makes them feel like Jesus who was controversial. I would look to somewhat like David Platt who is controversial as Jesus was. Newspring does great things but if less money was spent on smoke, lasers, sets and free books, while also going out of their way to create controversy then they would accomplish more. They have helped create such a divide among the church big C. I only wish Perry would submit to some form of accountability from outside the church ( I don't mean the SBC or another convention) such as other pastors (I also don't mean furtick who I think is a heretic- watch the elephant room). I believe Perry is human but he makes an awful lot of theological mistakes yet it his arrogance which is what bothers me. So many Newsprin people follow his lead like the OP and brandish this good news like it offends people. The only controversy is that you create a self- fulfilling prophecy when you egg people on. This thread would be a quarter as long without the jimmy rustling OPENING comment.

Fantastic, loving response amidst all of the senseless bickering. I agree 100%. NewSpring does some great things, but like you said, Perry could benefit from reaching out to John Piper or Matt Chandler or a dozen other Godly men to mentor him. Perry comes off as "I'm beyond beyond mentored" and that's what rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Just my 2 cents. And I have attended NS several dozen times FTR.

Reactions: scartiger
I think the most important point in this thread is that there are churches and organizations out there that are helping those less fortunate than themselves. We need more of that in this country, and it doesn't matter to me if it is well publicised or not, just as long as it goes towards helping the folks who really need it.

If a church is bringing in more than $70,000,000 per year in donations alone the amount given to missions/needy should exceed 10%.

I'm not going to pile on but that is alarming and you should be asking questions.

I have no problem with mega churches. I also realize small, med and large churches can have some unsaved members. Here is my problem with NS. I have some family members who attend. One of my cousins "accepted Chirst" there two years ago. Here is a conversation we had at Easter.

Me: I'm proud that you accepted Jesus as your personal savior.
Him: yeah man there was like 800 people that weekend
Me: that's awesome. His phone rings
Him: what? I would like to kick that SOB MF a**. A few more minutes of him discussing on the phone about his drinking abilities and his inability to find his car due to being so intoxicated the Friday before he ends the phone conversation.
Him: to me. I can't tell you how excited I am to be working with the youth.

True story.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwoTweezy
It's called a campus? Do you have dorms and a cafeteria too? Is the Kool Aid served before or after service

Even more reason why your church should be doing 10x more than it is and shouldn't be broadcasting every good deed they do in order to make more money. That's not kindness of heart, buddy, that's marketing. Have fun with your false prophet.

New Springs does a great service to the community there is no questioning that. Unfortunately they also do a great disservice for the cause of Christ.

How's the air up there in sanctimoniousville?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT