ADVERTISEMENT

NIL, Clemson, and Conference Realignment

verotiger

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2017
I'm curious as to why the powers that be would think we'd be in a more advantageous position jumping conferences in some way when we've struggled so much as of late on the field being competitive against the likes of Duke and now being competitive against the likes of Georgia Tech and Arkansas on the recruiting trail? At this point, it seems that the conference talk on our end is brought on by our past laurels, not our modern projection and reality.
The thing that gets me is that we do seem to be making decisions on the coaching end befitting of a major college football program. But with regard to Jimmy's and Joe's at the OL, I'm starting to wonder if we can even field an actual team. Suffice to say, until we get our ducks in a row regarding our philosophy of acquiring talent via the portal on positions not just of need - but dire need - I don't see any reason why we need to even think about going to another conference. We are having to flip kids from App State just to have a quorum to practice for next year for goodness sake. Add the fact that we have kids transferring out like Mukuba and we have something more equivalent to a reversal of the Hotel California chorus than actions befitting of a team that desires to be seen as a major player in the new conference alignment world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News