ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando nightclub massacre...

I'm sorry but you have no idea what your talking about. Let's start small, which one is works based?

All...Moses was here before Jesus, which was here before Muhammad. The Al Koran has parts of the bible, tora, and Muhammad's words.

No one's talking about corruption or ISIS, but the creeping influence of Sharia law. ISIS is bad enough but they are on the fringes. Sharia law itself is much more widespread and problematic when it comes to meshing with Western liberal values.

Sharia as you see in the media is not what is really practiced.

Really? They are all works based? Wow, you have no idea what you're talking about. Please, you're embarrassing yourself.

I guess not and I am a complete moron. I am not a bible thumper, but I believe there is a God and all three religions believe in the same god.

Sharia as you see in the media is not what is really practiced.

That may be true but this is a troubling trend and doesn't bode well for the future unless Indonesians roll these types of attitudes back. Per the prior poster's link which I hope you read.

Aceh’s anti-gay bylaws
Indonesia has no history of criminalising same-sex relations or of widespread abuse of the rights of LGBT people. But that tradition of tolerance appears to be waning.

The root of this change started in Indonesia’s northern province of Aceh. Before this most recent episode of anti-gay onslaughts, official persecution against LGBT people had already begun in Aceh.

Under a special status agreement brokered in 1999, Aceh is the only province in Indonesia that can adopt bylaws derived from sharia, or Islamic law. That status has empowered the government in Aceh, a long-time bastion of strict Islamic observance, to impose increasingly draconian restrictions on the rights of women and LGBT people.

In September, Aceh’s Sharia police arrested two young women who were hugging in public as “suspected lesbians”. In October, the Aceh government enacted bylaws that harshly punish gambling and adultery. Gay people “caught” having sex can possibly get 100 lashes.

That may be true but this is a troubling trend and doesn't bode well for the future unless Indonesians roll these types of attitudes back. Per the prior poster's link which I hope you read.

Aceh’s anti-gay bylaws
Indonesia has no history of criminalising same-sex relations or of widespread abuse of the rights of LGBT people. But that tradition of tolerance appears to be waning.

The root of this change started in Indonesia’s northern province of Aceh. Before this most recent episode of anti-gay onslaughts, official persecution against LGBT people had already begun in Aceh.

Under a special status agreement brokered in 1999, Aceh is the only province in Indonesia that can adopt bylaws derived from sharia, or Islamic law. That status has empowered the government in Aceh, a long-time bastion of strict Islamic observance, to impose increasingly draconian restrictions on the rights of women and LGBT people.

In September, Aceh’s Sharia police arrested two young women who were hugging in public as “suspected lesbians”. In October, the Aceh government enacted bylaws that harshly punish gambling and adultery. Gay people “caught” having sex can possibly get 100 lashes.

Honestly, I don't care about the LGBT discussion...I am neither for or against it until it affects me.

I guess not...I am not a bible thumper, but I believe there is a God and all three religions believe in the same god.
You don't have to be a bible thumper to understand the worlds religions. Islam is a works based religion, similar to what the Pharaisees practiced by adding legalistic rules around their routines. Have you ever heard of the term the bleeding Pharasiess? They created over 1500 rules around the Old Testament to prevent themselves from breaking any rules. As an example, on the sabbath work was prohibited, so what is work? They decided that walking more than 49 steps on the sabbath would be considered work so they restricted themselves. The bleeding part was from them walking around with their head down, so they wouldn't see a woman, which might make them sin in their head. Walk around long enough with your head down and you will bump it and sometimes bleed.

Islam is works based in crazy land, Sharia teaches that you can shortcut all of your sin by participating in jihad.

Reactions: scartiger
You don't have to be a bible thumper to understand the worlds religions. Islam is a works based religion, similar to what the Pharaisees practiced by adding legalistic rules around their routines. Have you ever heard of the term the bleeding Pharasiess? They created over 1500 rules around the Old Testament to prevent themselves from breaking any rules. As an example, on the sabbath work was prohibited, so what is work? They decided that walking more than 49 steps on the sabbath would be considered work so they restricted themselves. The bleeding part was from them walking around with their head down, so they wouldn't see a woman, which might make them sin in their head. Walk around long enough with your head down and you will bump it and sometimes bleed.

Islam is works based in crazy land, Sharia teaches that you can shortcut all of your sin by participating in jihad.

You mean like Catholics can go to a confessional and do penance. Jihad does not mean killings others. Jihad actually means peace and helping others.

Wow so you don't care about a political leader of a country advocating the death of a group of people based on their sexual orientation? Just waiting until something comes along that affects you...

I don't believe they should do it, but a political leader of another country has no bearing on my decision on how I vote in this country.

But, my point in all my posts is that this has nothing to do with Islam. This has to do with poor leadership and education in the middle east.

You mean like Catholics can go to a confessional and do penance. Jihad does not mean killings others. Jihad actually means peace and helping others.
What? The Koran is clear, via Sharia law that if you are killed while waging jihad against the infadels you get a direct ticket to heaven. The entire purpose of Sharia law is to control the populous with regards to Islam. The jihad clause is kind of the get out of jail free card by overlooking your sins. Of course, you have to a murderous bastard to play it. Hope he rots in hell for what he did last night. Please research before posting again on this subject.

There is no way I am going to win an argument against a bunch a bible thumpers tonight. Good luck to you and your hatred to something you don't understand.

I'm not even religious. I just thought you saying you only care about things that affect you was interesting. I hate narrow-mindedness in all forms

Reactions: anon_yqoaxol227dby

I dont believe that for one second.

Have never heard that definition

There is no way I am going to win an argument against a bunch a bible thumpers tonight. Good luck to you and your hatred to something you don't understand.

I'm not sure advocating a religion that espouses the execution of gay people is a bit ironic.

It's not hatred. I'm sorry you can't see that.

I assume it is possible he had the rifle before he was put on the list.
Not to flame but I read he purchased both a handgun and rifle last week. Could be misinformation. But if true we got to look at a better system to vet people. He apparently was interviewed by the FBI 3 seperate occasions. And to be clear. I'm all for the 2A and I own several guns.

Not to flame but I read he purchased both a handgun and rifle last week. Could be misinformation. But if true we got to look at a better system to vet people. He apparently was interviewed by the FBI 3 seperate occasions. And to be clear. I'm all for the 2A and I own several guns.
Oh wow. I agree with you, I was just stating it was possible purchase was before he was put on the list. This has been my thought on gun laws. We have them on the books and yet they fail. Instead of adding more lets enforce the current laws.

Reactions: vatiger1
Oh wow. I agree with you, I was just stating it was possible purchase was before he was put on the list. This has been my thought on gun laws. We have them on the books and yet they fail. Instead of adding more lets enforce the current laws.
Gets it.

Yep. Very disturbing if he recently purchased those guns

Nutjob from Cola area who killed people at the church in Charleston a year ago wasnt supposed to be able to purchase a gun. One agency dropped the ball on the background check and/or actually placing him on a list to deny

The current system is broken

Yep. Very disturbing if he recently purchased those guns

Nutjob from Cola area who killed people at the church in Charleston a year ago wasnt supposed to be able to purchase a gun. One agency dropped the ball on the background check and/or actually placing him on a list to deny

The current system is broken
Oh yeah. That whack job from Columbia needs the most harsh punishment possible. He is straight up sick in the head. It turns my stomach to think about him.

I guess not and I am a complete moron. I am not a bible thumper, but I believe there is a God and all three religions believe in the same god.

Sadly they do not... as Christians belief in a triune God makes them heretics / infidels in the eyes of Islam.Also, since Christ is God and Jews do not believe in Christ then his essence they do not see God the same way. The difference is Jews are secure in their belief and God's covenant with them and they have no need to deal with the difference in the way Muslims seem to.

I don't care what anyone believes as long as they respect my right to practice my faith and speak the gospel to others.

Is being tolerant of muslims worth the sacrafice and bloodshed it costs us? Just like I posted after the France massacre this is not the last of this and this is not the worst of it. It will get worse. What's the answer? Progressives please tell me what we can do to stop the violence? What would have prevented this?
So called Moderate Muslims could stop most of these incidents by being forthcoming and outing the radicals in their communities. The problem is most "moderate" muslims celebrate silently at the acts of the radicals, that's why you hear precious little from them in the way of condemnation of such acts.
Muslims are the most intolerant people on earth, ironic how one Democrat protected group has mass murdered another of their protected groups.

So called Moderate Muslims could stop most of these incidents by being forthcoming and outing the radicals in their communities. The problem is most "moderate" muslims celebrate silently at the acts of the radicals, that's why you hear precious little from them in the way of condemnation of such acts.
Muslims are the most intolerant people on earth, ironic how one Democrat protected group has mass murdered another of their protected groups.
There has been a response from the Muslim-American community if you're interested.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-muslim-reaction/85790320/

Guy's ex-wife is claiming that he was bi-polar and mentally unstable. His family is saying that he wasn't particularly religious. Should be interesting to hear if investigators found anything in his apartment.

Bible thumper is a terrible term. I believe the bible 100% and wouldn't want to be called that. It's very insensitive.

Bible thumper is a terrible term. I believe the bible 100% and wouldn't want to be called that. It's very insensitive.

Insensitive but expected. None is more blind than those who refuse to see. I am not a Bible "thumper". I am a Bible reader and Bible believer. As a result, I see the signs of the times and realize this battle is fundamentally a Spiritual battle and not one of culture, subpar education, or of a political nature.

This same poster cites Indonesia as some bastion of true Islam and conveniently ignores the brutal murder of thousands of Christians in East Timor as well as the rampant amount of church burnings in "tolerant" Indonesia. Don't take my word for it, folks. Look it up and you will find I speak the truth and Islam's apologists are either ignorant, brainwashed, or practicing deception.

I assume it is possible he had the rifle before he was put on the list.
True. I'll be interested in what comes of this. Certainly even the most hardened gun rights activist could agree that if you're on a FBI terrorist watch list, you shouldn't be able to purchase guns legally.

But then again he's an American Citizen, so at what point do we begin to take away his rights if he hasn't committed a crime?

Is being tolerant of muslims worth the sacrafice and bloodshed it costs us? Just like I posted after the France massacre this is not the last of this and this is not the worst of it. It will get worse. What's the answer? Progressives please tell me what we can do to stop the violence? What would have prevented this?
I thought one of the principal beliefs this country was founded on was freedom of religion. Is this something you would change and if so, how you would you go about getting rid of all the US citizens who are muslim? I also thought that all men were created equal so how are people in the gay community a protected class? They are human beings who deserve to be treated with respect like everyone else. Should they be ridiculed in the streets and not treated with respect?

I thought one of the principal beliefs this country was founded on was freedom of religion. Is this something you would change and if so, how you would you go about getting rid of all the US citizens who are muslim? I also thought that all men were created equal so how are people in the gay community a protected class? They are human beings who deserve to be treated with respect like everyone else. Should they be ridiculed in the streets and not treated with respect?
Holocaust II

True, you can't just put a person on a list and take away their rights without due process.
True. I'll be interested in what comes of this. Certainly even the most hardened gun rights activist could agree that if you're on a FBI terrorist watch list, you shouldn't be able to purchase guns legally.

But then again he's an American Citizen, so at what point do we begin to take away his rights if he hasn't committed a crime?

Insensitive but expected. None is more blind than those who refuse to see. I am not a Bible "thumper". I am a Bible reader and Bible believer. As a result, I see the signs of the times and realize this battle is fundamentally a Spiritual battle and not one of culture, subpar education, or of a political nature.

This same poster cites Indonesia as some bastion of true Islam and conveniently ignores the brutal murder of thousands of Christians in East Timor as well as the rampant amount of church burnings in "tolerant" Indonesia. Don't take my word for it, folks. Look it up and you will find I speak the truth and Islam's apologists are either ignorant, brainwashed, or practicing deception.

Taqiyya & Kitman......

Its possible he already owned the guns before he was put on the list. Personally, I think if you want a handgun, you should have to take a class and get a license/permit. And the class can be NRA sponsored so they can increase their coffers and hopefully support it.

First of all, a gun is a tool. But its a tool that can kill, just like an automobile. And everyone here, or the majority, think you should have a license to use an automobile. Now some conservatives are going to say, I fired a gun when I was young or my kid (mine included) fires a gun. That's true, but my kid doesn't carry a gun in public areas. He carries a gun on my property. And my kid drives on my property or a piece of property that the owner has given permission. My kid is not allowed to drive on a state maintained road. My kid is not allowed to purchase a car or a gun. And my kid will take firearms training classes. Because even if you grew up with guns, you pick up/use bad techniques and you will learn something about guns you didn't know before. Just because I drove a tractor when I was young (I did), doesn't mean I didn't need to get a license to drive a car. Just meant I had an easier time at driver's ed than my classmate.

For the libs, its too late to ban guns. There are over 300 million guns in the US. That train has come and gone for us. Your not going to get it off the street without a major intrusion of private rights. Which would probably start a civil war and cost many lives. And before you get all excited about the deaths of a lot of conservatives, most of your military and police departments are conservative leaning individuals. Last poll I saw was in the 70% for the military. It might not go the way you want. You know, the theory of unintended consequences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT