ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Greenville Golf

WinsMB

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2020
I’m here to complain about the Greenville golf scene. I will offer no solutions of any kind. This is simply a venting session.

Why doesn’t a growing/affluent community like Greenville have more options? I’m in no way above playing just about any course, but It seems a lot of the playable public courses are either being bought out or in really awful shape.

For me the only top notch public course in the Greater Greenville area is Furman. You can’t beat the lay out, it’s almost always in good shape, and it’s offers a pretty laid back environment. Verdae is on the same level, but the vibe at that place really detracts me from going there. You can drive to Cherokee Vally that’s in Greenville but that’s 40 minutes from my house.

I use to love going out to Bonnie Brea or Legacy but BB is now gone for 5+ years. Legacy Pines is a fun course and the greens are always good, but it’s likely to be gone in the near future since they sold all that land. Pebble Creek use to be another option but that place is in such disrepair it’s not even an option for me anymore.

The options seem to be getting fewer and fewer. The only private courses in town seem to be getting more and more expensive. Is there any hope for improvement, or do I need to accept this fate?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News