ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Omicron is like a winter cold / mild flu that is going to save lives

nashvegastiger

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2002
Tested positive on Saturday
Not nearly as bad as the flu.

It is like a winter cold. I didn’t even run a fever. I was lethargic for a day with some body aches and stuffy head. I’ve had some sniffles and a mild cough. I got to watch football on the couch in isolation while my wife gladly made me snacks and meals to keep away. Haha! At one point she said….If I didn’t know better I would think planned this around a football schedule”. Haha!

This is hopefully the exit from this pandemic. It is very contagious like a cold and cases are shooting through the roof but it’s not killing people.

In turn everyone including vaccinated like me get even more antibodies and protection from more dangerous strains. Studies in S Africa showing the antibodies protect against Delta and stronger strains. Good read in the WSJ below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...rus-hospitalization-death-vaccine-11641153969

Whole house had last week. I would say just under influenza for the adults in terms of severity, though nothing lower respiratory (all upper). All kids had it but the only reason we knew was bc we were monitoring their temp, which lasted about 8 hours, otherwise zero symptoms.

Have had about 8 adults “down the tree” in terms of infection and symptoms/timeline we’re effectively identical regardless of Vaccination status.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Not vaccinated and got the covid on New Year’s Eve. Feels like the flu, fever for a day. By day 3 felt normal again.

im just thankful I’m not a triple vaccinated masked person that got it. I made sure to do nothing differently since the pandemic started and still got infected because of selfish vaccinated people trying to play god.

I don’t know what the result will be for public health, but that’s exactly how it was for me. The only difference from a typical cold was the muscle achiness, tiredness, and headache. It went away for me after about 3-4 days.

Hopefully, as Fauci said, this will push towards caring more about hospitalization than cases. There’s no reason, especially for vaccinated people, to have harsh public health measures for a moderate cold.

Last edited:
Not vaccinated and got the covid on New Year’s Eve. Feels like the flu, fever for a day. By day 3 felt normal again.

im just thankful I’m not a triple vaccinated masked person that got it. I made sure to do nothing differently since the pandemic started and still got infected because of selfish vaccinated people trying to play god.
giphy.gif

When do the shutdowns and Govt handouts start back up now?

Schools already seem to be that route up north.

It will never end now.

I got this sh*t when I was in NYC a few weeks ago. I've never had the flu and I've never really been sick so I don't have a baseline but that sh*t was miserable. haha

I had a slight fever for maybe a day but then the real problem set in, which was a sore throat that felt like I was swallowing shards of glass. I mean my throat was so sore I couldn't sleep which resulted in debilitating headaches and feeling delirious. Tried three different prescriptions and nothing worked. Kicked the sore throat after 3/4 days and was back to normal.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
When do the shutdowns and Govt handouts start back up now?

Schools already seem to be that route up north.

It will never end now.

Wrong.

Up here schools are open for business. My relatives in GA and SC are expecting digital learning for a few weeks in their school systems.

Tested positive on Saturday
Not nearly as bad as the flu.

It is like a winter cold. I didn’t even run a fever. I was lethargic for a day with some body aches and stuffy head. I’ve had some sniffles and a mild cough. I got to watch football on the couch in isolation while my wife gladly made me snacks and meals to keep away. Haha! At one point she said….If I didn’t know better I would think planned this around a football schedule”. Haha!

This is hopefully the exit from this pandemic. It is very contagious like a cold and cases are shooting through the roof but it’s not killing people.

In turn everyone including vaccinated like me get even more antibodies and protection from more dangerous strains. Studies in S Africa showing the antibodies protect against Delta and stronger strains. Good read in the WSJ below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...rus-hospitalization-death-vaccine-11641153969

Agreed. The next month is going to suck balls for working parents (kids and teachers will be in and out of school, businesses will be understaffed or closed, day cares the same). But if we get over this tough hill we might be moving on.

My family was exposed to four different family members last week (all in SC) who were positive. None of us got it. Three of four of us are vaxxed. I was almost hoping we would get it.

Agreed. The next month is going to suck balls for working parents (kids and teachers will be in and out of school, businesses will be understaffed or closed, day cares the same). But if we get over this tough hill we might be moving on.

My family was exposed to four different family members last week (all in SC) who were positive. None of us got it. Three of four of us are vaxxed. I was almost hoping we would get it.

If there was a way to 100% know it’s omicron then you want to get it and get it over with.

I am not vaccinated of course and I think I might have finally got covid. We had a lot of family over that were mildy sick and went to a few holiday parties. I have a very slight tickle in my throat and a slightly runny nose. I am doubling up on d3, zinc, c, k, and quercetin and should be good as new in a day or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT