ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer request for Clemson student (updated Monday 5PM)

oldtigerjay

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2006
Thanks to everyone who is praying for Claire! We met with the surgeon today and scheduled surgery for next week. They will remove her thyroid and any affected lymph nodes nearby. One night hospital stay and then she is off and running. We were referred to Dr. Lokey by another surgeon client and he was great. In most cases he said this is a very routine procedure and the main life change will be a necessity to take a thyroid pill daily. There is a slight chance the follow-up pathology could be abnormal which would require additional treatment - we will find out a couple weeks after surgery. She has a good attitude and is very healthy otherwise. I really appreciate the Tiger Illustrated Brotherhood and Sisterhood! Thank you!

(original post below)
I would appreciate prayers for my daughter who just finished her freshman year. She was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and tomorrow we meet with the surgeon to see what the treatment plan will be. I have avoided trying to be an internet doctor but the little I have read shows it as generally very treatable. However, it is still cancer and she is still my baby girl!

We have had a hard couple of years recently; I believe God does all things for a reason and I am optimistic this can somehow be the start of better times as counterintuitive as it may seem. I held off posting last week as I did not want to pile on with Doodog's situation. My heart breaks for them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News