ADVERTISEMENT

Right field/9 in the lineup

crope1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Apr 13, 2010
What do you guys think we need to do regarding RF? Saturday proves to me that Cannarella has a torn labrum, and should not be in the field any more this season. That sucks, in as much it limits opportunities for others in the DH spot. However, the one spot we have not gotten production is in the 9th spot/now whoever is playing RF.

Crighton has had 2 multiple hit games (2 in a game against Xavier and 4 in a game against Kennesaw St.). He has not gotten any hits in any other games. His stats still look ok (.286 avg and .400 OBP), but at what point does someone else get a try out there? I am high on Crighton personally, but we have enough viable options to at least try something different. I think Bakich agrees, because if he didn't I do not see why you try to pretend Cannarella is healthy.

Here is how the other contenders have done.
Nathan Hall - 1hit in 2 at bats (was limited for a bit due to illness, so not many opportunities.
Devin Parks - Bakich said he is a future superstar, but in his one game of opportunity at the plate, he went 0-3 with 3 Ks.
Lleyton Lackey - Has only gotten 3 at bats, but is 0-3 with a K. I think he is pretty far down the depth chart.
Tristan Bissetta - Another guy who I think is pretty far down the depth chart. Is currently 0-2.
Tryston McCladdie - He is listed as infield and Outfield, although he has only played infield. He is currently 2-5 (both hits coming in the Kennesaw St game).

None of the potential candidates are doing anything that makes you think you have to replace Crighton in the lineup. However, do you think we see someone else get a start in the midweek? I would think Hall would be the first man up, but I am not sure if he would be an improvement. I really don't think anyone but Hall or Parks should even get the opportunity.

What do you guys think?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News