ADVERTISEMENT

***** Saban

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
----

How long will Nick Saban coach Alabama football?

By: Nick Kelly - The Tuscaloosa News/Yahoo! Sports

Any college football fans who hope Nick Saban will retire soon won't like what Ryan Williams had to say recently.

Williams, an Alabama commit in the 2025 class, discussed the matter with Cover 3 Podcast recently. Williams was asked about other schools using Saban's age against him in recruiting. Saban turns 72 in October.

"We've talked about that of course," Williams said. "He said he's going to be coaching until he croaks over. And he's got some time."

Saban, who is entering his 17th season leading the Crimson Tide, has discussed previously how other coaches have told recruits he is going to retire. While speaking at the Alabama Football Coaches Association in 2022, Saban expressed how he's puzzled about the frequent retirements questions he fields.

"Everybody asks when I'm going to retire," Saban said. "Retire for what? I'm going to jump into an empty abyss? Of what am I going to do? Because the very challenges I talk about and the things in our profession that concern me, for you and for me both in your game and our game, that's what keeps me going. That's why I get up every day. That's why I can't sleep at night sometimes. Why would you quit doing that? I haven't figured that one out yet."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News