ADVERTISEMENT

Sermon of the week!

BRaw76

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2021
DO YOU REMEMBER? I have to preach a moment on this and take a running lap! May 29th 1997 God delivered a good for nothing drunk, drug addicted man! I knew of Jesus and God! This is my brother preaching! He witnessed to me on many occasions! I had family that were Christians! Our grandpa was a founding member of a sister church in my home town! I seen the demonstration of faith in their lives! And God used it to convict me and get a hold of my life at 21 years old that night!!
Faith is more than telling someone, it's showing someone. I couldn't even reach up to the God I knew existed! I was so lost and undone! I can't brag about much in my life, but oh can I brag about Jesus! That's all this good for nothing sinner has and that's enough for anyone. I'm shouting and crying as I type this.
I'm so thankful God saved me before I became a father! One of the greatest testimonies of my faith happened when my son was 7 years old. I had a study room and I'd get in there with God and the bible! Praying, singing hymns and let God have His way through His word. I was just worshipping from an undeserving heart! I'd get excited and come out and walk through the house when God would give me a word! It was like I couldn't be still. I remember my son saying one time as I came out of my study crying and praising God, "daddy you been in there reading your Bible again haven't you". I was able to at that time to truly tell my son, because he had seen the demonstration of faith in my life about a God that's real and personal! I got to tell Him how good God is! HES GOOD! CAN I JUST SAY HES GOOD AGAIN AND AGAIN!! He delivers and I know 1 Corinthians 5:17 is the most truthful verse "If any man be in Christ, he's a new creature, behold (look, to see, this is a demonstration word, not a tell or spoken faith word). When God reached down to me He changed me!
Like I said, I grew up in a Christian family environment. My mom and dad were not in church most of my upbringing but Christianity had been handed down in our home. That's just what we believed or spoke of! Then on May the 29th 1997 my mom talked me into going to a tent revival. I was put drinking with friends and came home that Wednesday night to borrow 20 dollars from her! She said I'll give it to you if you'll go to the revival. I got upset but I needed the money! I was like yeah I'll go and threw in the line that I had plans to be at the bar that Friday. I stormed out not wanting anything to do with their God! I went that Thursday, made good on my word! Little did I know, God was about to change this wretched life! I'm about to have a running fit thinking about it!
I say all that to say this! I knew of the God of the stars, the moon and the sun! I knew of the God that created it all! But when He reached down to me that night!!! I came to know a God that cared for me more than any other creation! He was no longer a distant God! He was no longer a mind thing! He entered my very soul, which he created. And it changed my life! MY GOD IS REAL AND PERSONAL AND I CANT HELP BUT TO REMEMBER THAT! I CAN REMEMBER THE WRETCH I AM, BUT IT HAS NOTHING ON THE GRACE OF GOD!! HE LOVES, LOVES, LOVES.
I'm so glad my testimony has been seen by my son! He's 19 about to be 20 in May and has never been like me at his age! Praise God for that. He got saved last year. I believe with all my heart God used me in demonstration as he was a little boy to eventually get my son. I remember walking into his room one day, he was again young around 7ish and he had his stuffed animals sitting up on his bed. And he had the bible in his hand preaching to them. The proudest moment in my life!!! It was all God working in me! If I had my way I'd be where I was or dead! THANK YOU LORD!
By the way and I need to add!.My son gave his testimony and thanked his mother, his pastor and his youth pastor and then he thanked his dad for being such an influence! That's my God!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News