ADVERTISEMENT

Sermon of the week!

BRaw76

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2021
I'll fly away is one of the most promising songs a believer in Christ can look forward to. I had this thought as I sat worshiping God as they sang it!
I remember a former pastor of mine preaching an Easter sunrise service at a local grave yard, that was sponsored by one of our local funeral homes. It is called Greenes funeral home. The family that owns it are Clemson fans by the way 😉
But anyway, I remember my pastor preaching that morning in the cemetery on this subject of scripture... 1Thessolonians 4:13-18 (But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.)

He made the statement that one day our Lord is going to put Greenes funeral home out of business! I was ready to take a lap and shout in my own knowing that those in the grave would arise. Awake you that sleep to ever lasting life! No more death, no more tears, no more sorrow, no more pain, no more sin robbing us of joy! There is coming a day when I'll fly away into a prefect joy that isn't fleshly related, a happiness that my sinful soul has never experienced. A happiness that I can only taste and not really get full on right now, a joy that I can feel, yet not completely experience until Jesus comes again and completely abolishes sin and its curse! Oh what a day that I long for, not just for myself, but for all of you that believe and question why life is so hard! Sin has been defeated and some day, as the bible says, we will no longer see through a glass darkly, we will no longer know in part, but we will know the whole of just what believing in the Lord meant to us! Words in this life can't paint a picture of the joy that awaits us who believe!
To my fellow believers and to those that don't believe, there is a Lord that's returning for what he died for! That's the greatest hope you can have in this sinful world!! I love each one of you, but more importantly God loves you!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News