ADVERTISEMENT

Shout Out to Donnell Woolford

scartiger

Woodrush
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2010
“It’s the foundation of my life. I believe in teamwork makes the dream work,” Donnell Woolford said while looking over some open ground in Cumberland County. This is the area where he’s planning to build a "Dream Center."

Woolford, who played high school football in Fayetteville, was an All-American cornerback at Clemson and spent nine years in the NFL, said his goal is to create a place to help suffering people.

The former NFL player cites his background, which includes a father who served in the military and a mother who took him to church all the time, as inspiration for building the center.

“I planted a seed here in my hometown. And I wanted to give back to my community,” he said.

The 14 acres of the future Dream Center are behind the World Faith Clinic Church outside of Hope Mills.

Woolford and his supporters say it’ll be a place that’ll provide temporary housing and will support veterans. Reverend Charles Young, Jr. is the pastor at the church.

“We see kids running. We see a place where hope and a place where people that are broken can come in any situation,” said Young.

Woolford doesn’t have a timetable yet for when the Dream Center will be built.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News